Monday, November 8, 2010

Mondays with Crosby

At 11:24 am, Crosby Fox turned 1 year and 45 weeks old!!! It has been a fun but hectic week. I am a broken record! What about that picture?? I can't remember how it happened, but I find it pretty amusing! If you can't tell, he is not happy about something!

I heard a friend talking about her little one eating dry cereal. It never occurred to me that Crosby might like cereal at this age. He tried a little of Blake's on Friday night and really seemed to like it. So, I thought we would get a little crazy and try it out Saturday morning. It was a big hit...He started out with a spoon but couldn't eat it fast enough. He finally decided to take the plunge and use his fingers! And he hates having a "mess" on his hands...

Didn't seem to mind a "mess" due to cereal...I wasn't so fond of the milk all over the table and floor and booster and PJs, but you have to start somewhere! And he loved it so I did too...
I had been saving a few pictures from last week to use today. When I started going through all of them, I decided I should save them for later. I took a lot of pictures at Animalia's Open House
and I really want to share those! We had a GREAT time on Saturday. Lots of familiar faces showed up, which made us smile! I tried to take pictures of everyone but a few managed to sneak away before I could. Seeing how I was trying to man Crosby, Nugget and the camera, I am surprised I to ANY pictures. Let me dive right in.
The absolute, #1, Malone family blog fan was there on Saturday and she gets the first spot!!!!!! I was very excited to see Jill and Ann Cortner at the clinic when we arrived! Apparently Jill hadn't even heard about Blake's job change so we had lots of "catching up" to do. We did so while sitting on a "fire truck", riding all over the property. It kept Crosby entertained while I got my hands on Ann Cortner!! She is an absolute doll. So fun...
The Mayfields (I would link them but I am pretty sure they are private...) showed up all cute and coordinated, looking like they should be taking family pictures! Too bad mine was in total sunlight and nearly blinded poor Leighton...
Not only was the Jones family at the open house, they were one of Blake's very first clients on Friday! Bo was so thrilled to be at the vet's office 2 days in the row, I am sure!
Look at Miss Emery and that mouth full of drool. Precious thang...
Crosby got to see his near birthday buddy, Colten. It is so fun to see these boys side by side. Colten has Crosby beaten by a few pounds! He is a sweetheart and will be 2 years old just 8 days before Crosby!! Just around the corner...good grief... And to top that off, Colten will be getting a baby brother for his birthday! Hopefully BEFORE his birthday!!! Right Jennifer...
So fun to see Krista and Steve. And just for you, Krista, I only posted Serious Steve. No silly Steve. I will leave that for facebook...:)
Things got a little hectic at times. Chad was kind enough to chase down Crosby when he got away from me...
Blake and Mo came out for a visit with Maverick...
Maverick even had his own photo shoot! I am pretty sure this took place when Chad was "holding" my camera for me! Mav is worthy...Interestingly enough, I heard Blake Farmer's voice coming from the speakers in the kennel when I stopped by the clinic today. I had to tell everyone, "Hey!!!! He was at the open house Saturday!!!" It was very exciting to me, as well as the pup on fluids. The plan was to have classical music for the animals to listen to. But, Blake and his NPR voice seem to do the trick!
There was a hot air balloon that launched from the property. It was being inflated in this picture...
And there she is up in the clear, blue sky. Very pretty sight! Crosby was so excited to have his best girl join him on Saturday. Could Margaret get any cuter??? I think not...
She and Crosby enjoyed playing in the bouncy house...
Somebody had major static electricity!!!
I finally broke down and took off my boots so Crosby could have a few trips down the slide...
Needless to say, one time was not enough! Thank goodness I was able to sucker Uncle Justin into taking a few trips with him! We kinda love Uncle Justin!!!
Not sure why I love this series of Crosby running towards me. He just looks so big. And he looks like he is having so much fun...
Sweet smile...
Swinging those arms...
Happy as a clam...
Chad and Crosby! You would never know Chad used to be scared to hold him...
Part of the Fox family. Lisa and David in the back. Matthew and Carina in front with Greta and Bennett...
We can pretty much give Aunt Lisa all the credit for Blake's new job. She talked on and on about her nephew, the vet...
Our little family...
One BIG adventure! We are soooooooo excited for this amazing opportunity!!! And I am pretty proud of the hubs! ;-)

1 comment:

Jill Fields said...

Ahhh! I made the blog! I made the blog! Do I have a cute kid or what!??!

We are seriously so excited for your family! I LOVED being there to celebrate, and it was so funny...I walked up and Blake said, "Hey Jill! What are you doing here? Did you know I work here?"

I was like, "Ummm, pretty sure that's why I'm here!" Or it could be because I'm a blog stalker and love a party!

Seriously, it was an awesome event! I had no idea it was going to be such a fun festival...had I known, I would have loaded up a church van and brought some extras kiddos!

P.S. I went to TJ Maxx today, and just like you said, $7.99 for the library book set! THANK YOU!