Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Chihuly

Cheekwood had the Chihuly exhibit up for months. For months I heard wonderful reviews from everyone who went. It sounded like the perfect "different" date night. Something out of the ordinary. For months I tried to plan a night when Blake and I could get there around 5:00 to see the exhibit in daylight and then stay until dark to see it all lit up! But with his hectic schedule, it was obvious that was never going to happen. Time was running out. When I learned of free admission day last Tuesday, I couldn't pass it up. I had to scrap all plans for a cool date with the hubs. I went with Crosby, Melissa, Margaret and Mama Susie instead!! Of course, the pictures don't do it justice but I still wanted to share...
Crosby and Margaret are VERY excited about their field trip...
How would you like to have this tree in your yard!!!

Had my brother and Katie waited 4 more years to get married, they could have said "I do" right in front of this beautiful glass. If they had only known I am sure they would have...
And I am dressed like I had been working at a vet clinic for a few hours because I had been working at a vet clinic for a few hours while Crosby was at Mother's Day out...
They closed the exhibit before it was dark. Too bad we missed it. At least we got to see the lights on for a little bit of the effect!
He looks thrilled, huh!?!



It was a beautiful exhibit and I am so happy I got to go!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Glad you posted the pics of your trip since that is as close as I will get to the exhibit. It sounded amazing!!