Monday, November 1, 2010

Mondays with Crosby

At 11:24 am, Crosby Fox turned 1 year and 44 weeks old!!! Let me just go ahead and warn you now, I took TONS of pictures this week. And like every good mother, I have a hard time weeding pictures of my by down! Why don't we just get down to the nitty gritty...
We headed to the Parker's house on Friday morning for playgroup with our church buddies. The mommas actually had a girls night on Thursday night WITHOUT the kiddos!!! Too bad I don't have the only picture taken of all the gals! Talk about fun... But back to the kiddos! Playgroup. The plan was to decorate pumpkins and to eat lunch. Needless to say, Crosby wasn't really into the craft activity...as you will see!

He prefers playing with noodles...
The wild child up close... He also liked squeezing into a bumbo seat!! And then there is Addy who preferred sitting in a bouncy seat! When it came to pumpkin decorating time, this is what Dean and Crosby did...
We would consider them super manly if the toys weren't PINK and PURPLE!!! ;-) At least Lucas was a willing participate. A pretty cute one too!!!
The Parker's backyard had beautiful stone work that screamed photo shoot. So we attempted. Not looking too good there, Cros...
But then Lucas and birthday boy, Dean, gave us a little hope... And then, the most AMAZING thing happened. Something that may NEVER happen again in our lifetimes. I got one!! One of them ALLLLLLL looking up!!!!! Absolute miracle. Well, it probably had something to do with the fact that we bribed them with animal crackers...
Addy, Lucas, Dean, Crosby, Mason and Leighton (the little miss up front!!) So proud of our 'lil punkins!!! I was hoping our luck would continue and I could get a good picture of me and my boy...
Too bad! I will continue to try. At least we had a great time playing with all of our friends!
We had so much fun, that we gathered again on Saturday morning to celebrate Dean's 2nd Birthday!! All the little ones were encouraged to wear their costumes. So we pulled out our horse costume and headed out! He had no problem with it either, believe it or not! I know I was shocked anyway. He acted like he wears a horse suit all the time! Didn't even care that he had an extra set of eyes on top of his head! The child won't wear a cap or hat to save his life. But a horse head...by all means! Maybe it has something to do with the fact that his absolute favorite song is "Trot 'Ole Joe" from out Music Together class. Hmmmm??
Here's 'Ole Joe on a tricycle, getting a little help from dad...
Lucas came dressed as a monkey. Was he Marley, Kara??? Miss Leighton was a peacock...
A horse on a firetruck! Now that is something you don't see every day...
Now look who is pushing a grocery cart with a baby doll in it. Maybe Dean and Crosby are rubbing off...
Miss Leighton looked precious, even with a wardrobe malfunction...Miss Mason came dressed as an Indian Princess. Too bad I missed her headband with feathers. Such a cute costume, handmade by her momma!!! Quite impressive, Kristen...

And I had to show the backside of our young steed. He looks adorable with a tail...
Would you look at Dean's cake. How cute is that? I am pretty sure Crosby would love to see that on our table come December 29th...
The Birthday Pumpkin in his Birthday hat...
We had so much fun at the Dean's party, we decided to go to another...
We were invited to a second costume party on Saturday afternoon. Here's a picture of the birthday girl in her cupcake costume...
I tried to take a group shot but my 50mm lens couldn't get them all in. So I took two instead...
Can you find ours in the mix??
We spent time playing outdoors once again. Love how Blake put Crosby in another pink Cozy Coupe and let him FLY down their driveway. As if the child needs more encouragement to be fearless...
I mean, eat him up, Doll Face... GranBuddy and Lulu wanted to see Crosby in his costume...
They agreed he was pretty cute!
24 hours later... Our church hosted Trunk or Treat at 4 o'clock on Sunday afternoon. (Did we get our money's worth out of that horse costume or what?? I should say so!) This was one of the first costumes I saw. I just HAD to get Crosby's picture made with this guy. One guess as to why...
He wasn't too sure about it! Seeing how he had been with Dean for 3 days in a row, he was more than happy to sit with him a spell. And by "spell" I mean 10 seconds, again with use of bribery. Only it was candy this time. Can you see it in their mouths?! Whatever it takes, people. Whatever it takes...
'Ole Joe with his daddy, getting loved on by a Chesapeake Bay retriever...
And then there's one of 'Ole Joe trying to love on a certain Bumble Bee named Addy!!! Man are we in trouble...
You can't see Sweet Sophie's entire costume. You will just have to take my word for it when I say this it the CUTEST owl costume I have ever seen. Her talented momma made the dress she was wearing and it was adorable!
Love this on of the Mayfields...
And what do you know? We managed to get a pretty good one of our little family. I had on overalls and a cowgirl-ish shirt. I made a big belt buckle for Blake out of aluminum foil that you can't see. We were farmers. Or a cowgirl and cowboy. With our horse. Or something...
'Ole Joe chillin' on the ride home...
We wrapped up Halloween by participating in a neighborhood tradition. Riding on Frank's Halloween Hayride! Crosby was super excited about it for SURE...
He and his dad even got to drive it. Let me tell you the boy, I mean horse, was on cloud nine!!!
We only made it to a six or seven houses before calling it a night. Somebody was worn out from a very busy weekend. But a fun Halloween weekend it was!!!

2 comments:

stance. said...

so adorable! seriously precious.

Jill Fields said...

Man, it looked like ya'll had so much fun! I LOVE the miles you got out of that costume! Doesn't it make you feel better when you put it away? It's like, OK, I can do this now without crying! Well....maybe....