Monday, January 4, 2010

Mondays with Crosby

At 11:24 am, Crosby Fox turned 1 year and 1 week!!! I had to do it. I said I wasn't going to start off with that line. But I couldn't stop myself. I can't do it forever. Well, I guess I could but that might get a little old. Hmmm. What to do about that????

I find myself slightly overwhelmed as I sit to type on this Monday. Maybe that is because SOOOOO much has happened in the past 2 weeks. I am feeling SUPER behind. But I have been SUPER busy. It gets kind of hectic when you celebrate Christmas and a birthday all in the same week!!! I tried to plan early but of course things snuck up on me and left me running around like a chicken with my head cut off. Like the fact that Crosby's bathroom NEEDED a particular set of towels from Pottery Barn Kids hanging on the towel rack. You know, because everyone would be going upstairs to his bathroom during the party rather than using the one downstairs. (it is quite loud when people do use the one downstairs...fyi...) And of course when they were in there, they would definitely notice the new towels hanging on the towel rack...for sure. And did I mention the matching bath mat? It was completely necessary that I got those towels the morning of his birthday party even though I had NONE of the decorations up! Completely. For some reason, I was obsessed with strange details that did not matter, like the one above. Thank goodness I work well under pressure. I did manage to get the lovely towels, that no one noticed, except when I pointed them out. And I did manage to have the place decorated with a little help from those who arrived early. And if I do say so myself, Crosby's birthday party was absolutely PERFECT! But I am way too behind to jump to that post. So it will have to wait a few days... I am sure that is a teaser that will keep you waiting in anticipation... ;)


First things, first. Sort of. I must skip Christmas a little while longer. I wanted to get Crosby's 12 month perspective pictures posted. Think I forgot? Nearly did. Crosby was wishing I had...


Crosby and his bear...


Crosby and his bear in his chair...


I just love that face...
Mug shot... Big hand, little hand...
Big feet, little feet...
Upside down and none too pleased about it...
Compare: 2 weeks, 6 weeks, 2 months, 3 months, 4 months, 5 months, 6 months, 7 months, 8 months, 9 months, 10 months, 11 months.

So what all has been going on with this, now, 12 month old little fella? Well, he has a new obsession. I will let him use his words to tell you what that is. He says it pretty fast right at first and then again later...



Truck!!! We are calling that his first REAL word! Blake and I were heading to a graduation ceremony on 12/18. I was riding in back with Crosby and started pointing out all of the "trucks" passing by on the interstate. It was kind of hard for Crosby to see what I was talking about, seeing how he is still rear facing. Clearly something was clicking in that little head of his. He kept saying, "uck" when another vechicle passed his window. I was pretty sure he was saying it but didn't commit to it at the time. Then, I read this book to him later on that day night. He seemed to like it. But it was not until the next morning that he blew me away. He saw the book lying on the couch, and clearly said, "cuck," aka "truck"!!!! He probably says it 100 times a day now. He points out every toy truck he owns. When opening gifts for Christmas/Birthday, see the smallest picture of a car/truck and immediately say, "cuck". He could read his Priddy "Trucks" book over and over and over...LOVES it. Needless to say, we are a little proud! He has his first word. I mean, sure we get, "da da" and the occasional "ma ma." And I am pretty sure he said "og" for "dog" a time or two. But this one is a 100%! The boy knows what a truck is and we think it is the cutest thing ever!

Crosby has had a cold for the majority of his 12th month of life. His nose did nothing but run for weeks on end. We are finally turning a corner. I am putting off the gym one more week because I can't risk him getting sick again before his 1 year pictures. As if I really needed as excuse to skip the gym. But that's my story and I sticking to it anyway. It is the truth, for what it is worth...

Crosby still hasn't started walking. Thank goodness. He is cruising all over the place. He stands for a few seconds here and there. But for now, he is content to crawl. He has been seen crawling on all 4's the past few days. Meaning, flat hands and feet...no knees involved. I foresee walking in the very near future. So scary.

Teeth. He has 2.5 on the bottom. The .5 is for the one on his bottom left that has broken through the skin but has not made it all the way up. He has .5 on the top left, too! They may have had something to do with the nose but not completely. The yellowish, green tint tells me otherwise. Gross, I know. I will, however, blame the teeth for the crabbiness Crosby has displayed over the past week or so. Doesn't want to eat. Whines about everything and nothing. At least he sleeps. He took 2 -2.5 hour naps today, which he has been doing most days, given the opportunity. We have still been getting him in bed between 7:30 and 8 pm but he has been waking up between 8:30 and 9 am. Good grief! I am loving this while it lasts.

Favorite new toy, you guess it. Any truck he can get his little hands on. And then there is the vacuum. He LOVES that thing. Should have gotten him the toy version for either his birthday or Christmas. He takes after his dad. Blake is quite fond of the real deal version himself. Seriously. Back to Cros, he is really becoming more and more interested in books these days. We read this one every night before bed. So sweet. Then he drinks a bottle. Then we brush his teeth! He LOVES brushing his teeth and thinks it is pretty fun! He could still spend hours going up and down the stairs. He has gotten the down part figured out really well now. He laughs and smiles SOOO big when you act like you are chasing him. Adorable.

Milk. He is officially a whole milk drinker!!! He had his first bottle on 12/30 after his 12 month doctors appointment. It didn't phase him one bit. You would think he has been drinking it since day 1! He still gets a bottle or 2 a day of my milk because we haven't used our stash. That being said, I am really trying to break things off with Medela. I have been stretching it out 24-36 hours. Ouch. I am down to about 9 ounces so I am slowing down. I am at a point that I am ready to be done, emotionally speaking. That is progress in and of itself!

At his appointment, Crosby hadn't gained much weight. He was only 22 pounds. That dropped him to the 38th percentile. He was 30.75 inches tall, which put him in the 80th percentile for height. His head has gotten a little bigger. It is in the 69th percentile, at 47 cm. He is still long and lean. Thank goodness he has toned it down a bit with the growing business. ;) Dr. P was pleased with his size and overall health. The poor baby had 5, yes FIVE, shots that day. He was due for his second H1N1 so that is why there were 5. It was horrible. Blake had to leave for work so I was stuck holding him. I don't do well with needles, especially in my crying baby's legs. I have never seen him cry like that so it broke my heart in about 5 million pieces. Thankfully, we had a bottle and he calmed down rather quickly. We both made it out of there alive. Scarred but alive.

Surely there is something else I needed to share. Other than Christmas and his birthday parties, that technically aren't over! Seeing how I have probably bored you to tears, I will stop now. I vow to be a better poster this week. Poster of more pictures than words, that is. I will catch up before next Monday...that will be my New Years resolution. At least that way I can accomplish one goal for the year. That and to moisturize daily. These fine lines around my eyes are killing me...

No comments: