Monday, March 2, 2009

Mondays With Crosby

At 11:24 am, Crosby Fox turned 9 weeks old. How amazing is that?!? We have had this sweet baby here with us for 9 whole weeks! I have spent a lot of time this week trying to capture a little footage of Crosby cooing and smiling in the morning. We are starting to see more and more of his gummy cheese and it is adorable. These videos are pretty cute. I didn't catch a great smile...but I will keep working on it! :)



I took a big step and put Crosby in his crib on Saturday night!! He is no longer sleeping in the cradle beside me. I wanted to cry when I looked over and saw the cradle empty. My baby is getting to old. I know, it was my idea. But I figure it will help us both sleep better. I won't jump up to get him with every little peep he makes! And he can peep all he wants without being disturbed!!
Crosby feels like he has put on about 5 pounds in the past few days. Clearly that is not the case but he is started to plump up for sure. In my last post, I made mention of his increased fussiness and my potential decreased supply. A little trial and error taught us that our fussy baby was nothing but a hungry baby!! Apparently, he hit a growth spurt and I didn't! Crosby has been one happy camper since his calories have been increased. We have been supplementing here and there to keep this little piggy full! :) Great week for Crosby!
I, on the other hand, have been quite the nut case...literally. I'll set the scene a bit. In an attempt to increase my supply, I began taking a few herbs and a prescription, Reglan. There were several side effects listed on the label for the later but I didn't give them much thought. Every drug has side effects, right?? So I began taking my 3 "prolactin stimulants." All week long, I was so emotional about the whole situation. It was all I could think about and it really started to get me down. I received calls and emails from lots of folks offering suggestions (which I GREATLY appreciated) but nothing seemed to work. After talking with Dr. B, I upped my dose of Reglan on Friday. He told me that some people have strange side effects and that I should come off it in the event that I began to feel "weird."By Friday night, I was exhausted from worrying so much that I couldn't sleep. My eyes were blurry and I felt like I was in a zone. I continued to take the meds without giving them much thought. By Saturday morning, I was a mess. I didn't realize how bad I was until I tried to make a phone call and could barely make out a coherent sentence. Blake had already left the house before I realized what was going on and I was by myself with Crosby, which happens 5/7 days of the week. But Saturday was different. I had to call him and have him come back home because I did not feel capable of taking care of Crosby. I can't explain the way I felt but it was very scary. To wrap it up, the medicine has a 5-6 hour half life so I was feeling much better a few hours later. I am 100% at this point. Needless to say, I will just stick to the herbs, Blessed Thistle and Fenugreek to be exact. I had ordered another stimulant (with no weird side effects) but have to wait 7-14 days for it to arrive. I was just praying (literally) that it would come in fast and would make a difference. Jamie S. saved the day!! Not knowing I had ordered Motilium/domperidone, she called to offer a stimulant she had left over from last year. Sure enough, it was the same thing I ordered the day before and would have to wait at least a week for!! So I am now taking it!!! And just so you know, things seem to be improving!!! This may sound crazy but getting that phone call from her was like felt like a gift from God!! I had been praying for improvement but never expected it to come that way! He sure is great and I thanked Him for using her as He did!

So, you're thinking..."she sure shares way to much!!!" But, I feel a slight obligation to share because I never know who is reading. I have learned so much helpful information from other blogs. If this manages to help someone else, then "yay!" That being said, I'll keep you posted on the new medication!
Okay. Back to the baby you really care to hear about! His 2 month perspective pictures: (and yes, the outfit is almost too short for our long-legged bambino)

I have become quite fascinated with these...

They are getting so much longer. I just love long eyelashes on babies!!!

It snowed this past Sunday!! This is a shot of him sitting in his first legitimate (for TN anyway) snow. There was actually a lot more snow earlier in the morning but I was not about to put him in his car seat for a picture! And I sure couldn't sit my wee one on the ground, now could I?

Sleeping as snug as a bug in the sling...

And finally, if this isn't a pose, I don't know what is!!! Nugs is doing great, in case you wondered... :)

Disclaimer...I really don't take the time to proofread these days so I apologize for any and all errors...from here on out :)


Anonymous said...

The videos are just precious...what a sweet smile! Love those "coos"..isn't it just the BEST sound?!?!?
We loved seeing you both on Sunday and that little booger bear is growing sorry to hear about your "production/medication issues--no fun! Hopefully, it will all straighten itself out. Tell Nuggett "Good Job" on that pose!

JuliB said...

Sorry...forget to leave my name above!

Jessica said...

I watched the videos with Liesl this morning and she was smiling right along with Crosby. He is so precious!

stance. said...

what a great post! he's growing so well, and that smile is going to melt hearts in future years :) way to be about the same size as the teddy bear now, little fox! hmm..can i call him that sometimes?

Anonymous said...

FYI - I used a liquid herbal called "More Milk Plus" by MotherLove and it really upped my milk supply. You can get it at Whole Foods. I also had acupuncture to increase my supply.

Anonymous said...

Wow! You nursing mothers sure are dedicated! I never imagined there was so much to know! Maybe I can cash in on all the advice myself one day! So proud to hold Crosby Sunday! I could just bottle that baby smell! YUM! jill

Anonymous said...

oh what sweet, sweet pics!!! so proud of your determination to keep up your milk will be so worth it...already is just look how that little man is growing!! do you read the baby whisper..may have asked this before, senior moment...heather and karen really liked a lot of it...not all, but alot. i know karen;s children go to bed in the most amazingly easy's "ridiculous" as they say...we like herbs too....they really work! using them now to get the toxins out of the little gobble kids...ear infections, asthma, etc. can all come from toxins left over by their inoculations...doesn't undo the inoculation...just removes the toxins left over that can settle in places they don;t need to settle in. they all open their mouths three times a day like little birds for karen to drop their "drops" in. i am over my cold now and hug you through the words...was so good seeing you and your boy that sunday...wouldn't have given you any germs for the life of me, but loved seeing you at a short distance!! thanks for sharing the ongoing story of life with would think with 9 of my own i would have my fill of baby, toddlers and teens...but always room to enjoy the journey of one more...or two!! love, bettie...(if you will lift up a young mom of four little ones who had a double mastectomy last sept for cancer and now in the am is having a total hysterectomy because of masses in her ovaries. her name is paige...not my paige, but a young woman we have known since a baby.) but for the grace of God, could be any of our families struggling with this tough, tough time of health issues! and of course, bre andrews, sure you have heard...she is pregnant with their first child and battling breast cancer. good spirits and doing well, will have surgery after the baby having treatment now...can't imagine!!

Anonymous said...

I, too, had to go off Reglan. I felt really weird on ot, and I was severely emotional. But, more importantly, I love the little fat rolls in his neck. So sweet!