Monday, March 30, 2009

Mondays With Crosby

At 11:24 am, Crosby Fox turned 13 weeks old!!! My goodness, where has the time gone?? Yesterday was the 29th, which means Crosby in now 3 months old! Three whole months here with us. What a joy it has been!

On Saturday, we drove to the metropolis of Burns, Tennessee for his 3 month pictures. Calvert's Photography has been around since 1927 (I think). They do beautiful 3/6/9/12 panels. How I have longed for one of their panels on MY wall with MY baby in it!!! :) Crosby was being "Mr. Serious" so I am a little curious to see how this round turns out. I am sort of a picture snob. If they aren't up to par, I will have to take him back. It could be a dangerous cycle for me. All I need is 1 good picture. Let's keep our fingers crossed!! Here are a few I took...

Mr. Serious...

Just a really cute one...

Are we done yet??


Babe and mom...


My mom and mother-in-law accompanied us to the photo shoot. We went to Dickson afterward for a little shopping and lunch. Crosby was a trooper, seeing how this fell during both of his major nap times. He finally passed out a few miles from home. I have been told I should never wake a sleeping baby so I complied...

He slept that way for over an hour! :)

Believe it or not, it is that time again. We had to pose for perspective pictures yesterday evening. I think it will be pretty obvious that someone is chubbing up!!!





Compare to: 2 weeks, 6 weeks, 9 weeks

Crosby has really started to wake up this week. He it actually interacting with his activity mat now. He is aware that his arms are capable of moving the objects dangling over his head. He is finding that interesting and enjoys doing it over and over. He has also found himself in the mirror. I think he is pretty impressed with his looks because he stares for quite a while. One of my favorite "new tricks" is his lip smacking. It is pretty hilarious to watch him once he gets going. My goal is to catch that on video this week... He slept 7 hours one night this week but only once! He still likes to eat once or twice during the night. I would love for him to sleep through but I am willing to keep this up as long as he needs. We'll get there! Oh, the little guy was great on the flight back to Nashville. What a good baby. And to clear up a little confusion, the little gilr sitting by Blake on the plane was named Lucy. She fell asleep on his arm and he didn't want to move for fear he would wake her up. Such a considerate fellow!

As far as supply goes, thank you for all the comments and calls!! Medela and I are still friends...sort of. 4 oz every 3-4 hours isn't so bad. We will keep it up as long as we can. I am over stressing about it and have made peace with pumping. 3 months down! Hoping for 3 more if possible. 40+ bags in the freezer so I hope we can make it!

And finally a few cute shots to close out the post...


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Danielle, I can just hear the stress leaving your voice and a new peace return! That pumping sounds like a booger, I'm so glad you have made ammends with it, too! Crosby is so precious, I cannot think the photographer didn't get at least 100 good ones! Dixson can be a pretty fun place. We took Lilli there for her bday last year...Mrs. Mabel's tea room...precious! Happy Tuesday, guys! Have a great week! jill

JuliB said...

You have entered a whole new phase--the "panel shots"!!! They have consumed us for 9 years now! (Well, skip a few between Jack and Charlie!!) They are just the best because you can really see the change and development over a year...I just love mine--I'm actually waiting on Jack's to come back now.
I'm sure you'll have some great shots--you'll probably have a really hard time choosing!
That's great that Crosby slept 7 hours one night!!! Maybe he's getting close to letting you sleep a good stretch.
Ya'll have a great rest of the week!
xoxo-Juli

stance. said...

is it just me or is that teddy bear getting smaller? ;)

i really enjoyed getting to see him tuesday morning. hope your week is awesome!