Monday, January 12, 2009

Mondays With Crosby


Crosby turned 2 weeks old today at 11:24am. We had another appointment with his peditrician today. Our little guy checked out just fine. He is now measuring 19.75 inches in length but he is only weighing 5 pounds and 12 ounces. Dr. P isn't concerned about his weight, stating that last weeks 7 ounce gain in 48 hours was probably a fluke...full bladder, full GI tract!! Of course, I am taking it a little hard, wanting him to gain weight and feeling responsible for his growth. But, if the doctor isn't concerned, I will try to relax as well.


Crosby has started to wake up a bit more this week. I would perfer that not happen between 1am-4am but what can you do! His umbilical cord fell off. I found myself a bit emotional when it happened. Strange...I know. But that was our connection... Anyway, we are clear for a real bath. I am excited to see how he responds to that. Hopefully he will like it better than the sponge bath. We'll see soon enough!


I wanted to take a few perspective pictures . The plan is to take the same pictures every month to see how much he has grown. Here is round one at 2 weeks!


8 comments:

Kristen said...

Good luck getting some of those shots when he is, say, 15 months and running all over the place! He is one handsome boy!

stance. said...

sweet, sweet pictures :)

Anonymous said...

I love these pictures! So glad the doctor is giving good updates! LeAnne

Carla and Daryl said...

so sweet

Anonymous said...

He is a very beautiful and blessed boy! I am looking forward to the future picture installments!

Anonymous said...

He is so precious! I can't wait to see him! And by the way - don't worry about the weight thing. Max and Kate both lost almost a pound after they were born - there is alot of fluid retention that they lose in those first few days, and it takes a while for them to put it back on in real weight. Maybe you'll have the same problem I'm having in a few more weeks - Max is gaining TOO fast. Little booger is 9lbs. 2 oz. He gained a pound in just over a week! They grow so fast - enjoy every minute of it.

Anonymous said...

Oh, Danielle! I apologize, but he really does look a lot like Blake! (I'm sorry, I'm sure you've been getting that a lot.) What a looker! His little fingers are too cute! And his eyes jusy "say" how precious a demeanor he has! jill

Liz, Dave et al said...

I just stopped by your blog on the random next blog button! Your boy is beautiful. My son, Oscar was born at just under 34 weeks weighing 3lb 8oz. Your pictures bring back alot of memories. He took forever to grow but was an angel. He is now 5 1/2 and still gorgeous, if a handful. Treasure all your days - little babies are very special. I hope you enjoy every minute. Best wishes.