Thursday, October 29, 2009

10 Months

Well, it's official. We have hit double digits. I am not a fan of double digits!!! :) My tiny baby is getting so BIG! Either that or I managed to wash and shrink his bear and his rug. Which is possible these days...

Perspective pictures. Let's just say, Crosby is busy. He does NOT have time for these any more! He has places to go, things to do, stairs to climb. I am having to learn to take what I can get when it comes to pictures. This was the best we came up with...


Crosby and his bear...



Crosby and his bear with Nugs...



Crosby and his bear in his chair...



Mug shot...



Big feet, little feet...



Big hand, little hand...

Upside down...(and not happy about it)

Outtakes...

I think they were having a conversation...


Attacking the poor bear...

This one, well, it just cracks me up...

Is there something on my lens? Oh, wait...that would be Nugget trying to get in every shot...

Seriously adorable...

Another moment of attack...

Crosby seems to be hitting milestone after milestone these days. Of course he is crawling EVERYWHERE. He is pulling up on EVERYTHING. His favorite "toys" are the remote, our cellphones and the home phone. He is quite fond of the Leap Frog Learn and Groove Activity Table. He is using a pincer grip to feed himself most of the time. He is a great eater but quite the baby food snob! He thinks he is WAY to big for that. He loves to eat what we eat...roast, potatoes, carrots, sun dried tomatoes, chicken, ground turkey, deli turkey, salsa, guacamole, black beans, chicken quesadillas, acorn squash, sweet potatoes...you get the idea! Funny thing about potatoes...they make him gag at first. It is hilarious and he is smiling and laughing the whole. His dad has been known to gag while brushing his teeth. Hmmmm, wonder where that came from???
He is still in size 3 diapers and it seems we will be hanging out there for a little while longer. He is wearing a range of clothing sizes-6-12 in some things and 12-18 in others. Depends on the brand. Now that it is shoe season, I have realized his feet are on the small size. He is in a 0-6 month Robeez and a 2 otherwise. They are both on the snug side but the next size up looks like a clown shoe!?
He still prefers to wake up at 7:00. Maybe "falling back" can move that to 8:00 if I am lucky!! :) He takes 2 naps a day. Usually from 9-10:30 or 11 and 2-3:30 or 4. Yesterday the afternoon nap was 3 hours so you never know! He sleeps through the night for the most part. He occasionally wakes himself up and just cries because his pacifier is not in his mouth. Now, my very eyes have seen that little joker pick up a pacifier and put it in his mouth with his own 2 hands!!! He can switch it from upside down to right side up, in fact. Yet, somehow he forgets this skill during the night. Not to mention I put 2 or 4 in his bed so he can at least find one of them...if he would just try... I have been going in his room, replacing it and watching him pass right back out. I am not so fond of this pattern! Crying it out would keep Blake and I awake...unless I just turn the monitor off. That makes me nervous. I guess we'll just see what happens.
Crosby can wave "Bye Bye" and clap his hands on command! Like every other parent in the world, I think it is sooo cute and he is sooo smart. When I ask, "Where's Da Da?," that little head straightens up and he looks toward the door. We do this every time Blake come home for lunch and when he is home for the evening. If we are upstairs and he hears the garage, he stops what he is doing a stares! He loves looking for Blake and grins his little head off when he finds him!!!As for the word "no"...I am pretty sure he knows what it means. However, if he stops doing what I would prefer he not do, he turns to give me a brief look, followed by a smile, and continues doing what it is I would prefer he not do!
I posted a picture of the first tooth earlier this week. Today, I felt its neighbor! The runny nose last night gave it away. I knew something was in the works but I was shocked to actually feel it today. My tiny, infant, baby is working on his second tooth!!! He is WAY to young for teeth...I am sure of it...
Crosby Fox is an absolute joy. He keeps us smiling and laughing all the time. His cheeky grin just melts my heart in two. I am completely wrapped around this child's finger as tight as I can get! I know, I need to do something about that. I just love him so...
Happy 10 Months, sweet boy...

2 comments:

jaime s said...

Wow, the time has FLOWN! Happy 1 year of knowing each other! So fun to know this precious one! Mickey and Minnie, now going by Troy and Gabriella, have a Snickers for you!!

Jill Fields said...

I love that Blake gets to come home for lunch! How fun for both of you! And Crosby! Two teeth already, seriously, this cannot go on! Slow down, little man!