Monday, October 19, 2009

Mondays With Crosby

At 11:24 am, Crosby Fox turned 42 weeks old!!! Let me tell you, this child is turning into a WILD man. He is all over the place. You sit him down at the activity table in the living room and he takes off to the sitting room. I imagine him thinking something like this..."I'll pull up on this chair. No, I will pull up on the exersaucer I no longer care to sit in for more than 5 minutes. Oh wait, the table in the foyer looks neat! Maybe I can grab a hold of this shelf and pull myself up. Yep! I will stand here, clinging for dear life, while smiling at her to see if she cares. She just smiled back! Okay that was fun. But wait a minute, those stairs look neat. I'll go try to climb those. Nope. Can't do that yet. Just give me a few days and I will have that mastered. I'll show her!!! What was that sound? Did I hear the toilet flush? Let me go see. Yep! Why was dad standing there and where is he going now? Wait, why is she picking me up and taking me out of here? That white tank making that sound seemed interesting. Oh well. Ahhh, my favorite. The bowls on the floor. That dog seems to like them, too. One with water in it and the other is empty 99% of he time. For some reason, she says "Noooo" every time I get near them. But not when he does?! Wonder if she will this time? Yep! I will try another 10 times to see if she continues. Yep! She really is persistent with this one. I'll wait until she turns her back and then I will get them. For now, I guess I will just go back to my activity table and play a few songs."

Shew! And only 5 minutes has passed! I told you he is WILD! I love it though. He keeps me on my toes and we have so much fun!

We went for 9 month pictures this week! He has been a little stingy with his smiles in the past. But not this time! He did great! He sat him on his little stool and he performed like a star. He looked so sweet in his little bubble made by Lulu!!!

note to self...mascara is your friend...do NOT leave home without applying it EVER again...
What a big boy...
Crosby is now officially in a play group! I only pulled out the camera for one shot and here it is. I thought it was pretty sweet though! Meet Addy, Dean and Crosby...well, their back sides anyway...
Maybe will will get their front sides next time. And maybe we will get little Lucas and Miss Mason and all the mamas when we meet again!! :)
Oh how I have been waiting for fall. I love the weather...well not the weather we had last week. But the weather yesterday and today was PERFECT. Can it just stay this way and we can call it winter?? And then spring can come back? Anyway, I have been wanting to go to this place for years...
How exciting to finally have a little one to take to this fabulous place! I have been thinking about taking pictures here since he was born. "They will be soooo cute...He can sit with a pumpkin...We should go with the Ricks...Crosby and Margaret can dress alike...We can get a fall, family picture...We can go on a hayride...It will be GREAT" I had lofty goals for this occasion. Let me tell you, we had a blast. But the pictures...oh the pictures... Did I mention the child is WILD????
He starts out pretty sweet and calm...
An Alaskan hunter and a little lamb...

On his first hay ride...

Eating puffs on a hay ride. Smores would have been better!!!

Looking at the cows with his dad...

Our best family shot!

The moment I have been waiting for...him with pumpkins!!!

Oh, you can do better. Let's get serious. No...put your tongue in your mouth...

Let's try one with Margaret, in your matching outfits...

Okay, is there a football game going on behind me or something? Did someone score? It couldn't have been the Titans. Honestly, Crosby. Margaret is being so sweet...

At least they are looking in the same direction and his arms are DOWN!!!!

Here we go again...

Maybe it was the Urban/Kidman crew standing right behind me. He was just start struck and was trying to get their attention...
"Nicoooooooooooole...take me with you!!!!"
No takers!!! Now he will just teach Margaret about the parts of a pumpkin...

We finally gave up on that shot. Maybe we should let him see the farm animals! He was quite fascinated with Sandy the goat...
He thought the roosters were pretty neat! Either that or he saw his girlfriend on the other side of the fence and was trying to figure out how she got over there!!!

Such cute decor...
The mamas and their babies!!!

Not again...
Blake, can you not control him???

Another attempt to get a good shot of them together...
Yelling at the top of his lungs...
We'll take it...
And one final attempt as we left the farm...





I finally just gave up!!! He would NOT look at the camera. And by this point, he refused to smile. I will get a good picture of this child with a pumpkin. It may be in front of Kroger, but it will happen...

9 comments:

Shellie Salza said...

Silly Mom!! Did you think you were in control?!

Amy Sewell said...

These pictures are precious and hilarious!!! He is such a doll! The hands up poses were cracking me up....they have minds of their own, don't they?

Anonymous said...

I love his picture outfit. So sweet! Good luck on getting yoru pumpkin pictures!

Sonja said...

You were right.....those pics cracked me up!

Anonymous said...

Danielle,
I feel like I should finally say hello and quit "lurking" on your blog. This is Brooke (Adams) Bryan. I don't know if you'll remember me or not, but my mom is Pam Adams, your mom's friend. I've been reading your blog since you were pregnant back when your mom first told my mom about it.

Anyway, I have a little boy who just turned one. So I feel like we are about three months ahead of everything you go through. :-) That's one reason I like reading your blog...you are always having experiences that we are going through too or have just been through!

Well, I just wanted you to know how happy I am for your family. Crosby is adorable. I prayed for you and him often during your pregnancy.

This week's post was too cute and funny! I loved "his thoughts," and I loved the pumpkin patch pictures. So I decided I had to quit lurking and say hello.

I get to talk to your mom every now and then through facebook. :) I know she is so proud!

Thanks for giving me a good smile today!
-Brooke Bryan
Hattiesburg, MS

Carla said...

He is such a cutie! Your weekly blog update motivates me to get caught up on my MONTHLY update on Natalie! LOL.

Unknown said...

This post made me laugh out loud several times! Blake is all over the place too - I can hardly keep her in one spot for more than 2 seconds....

MRH said...

What a little BOY he's becoming-----
Hope we can see all of you soon--

Jill Fields said...

Go Crosby, go! Catch Nicole and Keith and then ask them if I can come along! I swear, I am not a celebrity stalker, but I do find it cool that they were at the Gentry's with ya'll! Love the pics!