Monday, October 5, 2009

Mondays with Crosby



At 11:24 am, Crosby Fox turned 40 weeks old!!! He has officially been out of the womb as long as most babies are supposed to stay IN the womb! Wow...40 weeks out of the womb goes by SOOO much faster than 40 weeks in the womb. Not that I really know what 40 weeks in the womb is like but you know what I mean! I am only restating what I always state...this little one's life is zooming by and I am none to pleased!!!

Look what my brilliant baby left for me the night of his 9 month birthday...


As if I didn't already know, he is the sweetest thing in the world! He did this ALL BY HIMSELF!!!! It is quite possible that we have a genius on our hands. Hmmmm, he must take after his dad! :)

Crosby has been able to spend the past 2 Saturdays with my parents. I had a continuing ed course the weekend before last! And last weekend, Blake and I went to this game...

That is right! We headed to Knoxville for the Auburn/UT game!! It was the first game I have been able to watch all year. I usually have the little man occupied so Blake can enjoy his favorite time of year-football season. And let me say I don't mind that trade off one bit! However, it was fun to take my first trip to Neyland Stadium and watch the Tigers beat the Vols!

At the end of the game, someone tapped me on the shoulder. I turned around to see a face I did not know. But she knew me...
"She" is Amy(and I hope you spell "Amy" that way...:). Amy a faithful follower of my blog!!! We have never met and she can't remember how she stumbled upon my blog. But she did and she loves keeping up with Crosby!!! How fun is that??? There we sat, in a stadium holding 102,000 people, and she spotted little 'ole me sitting less than 10 yards away! Isn't it amazing how God puts people in your path... It was an absolute honor to meet you, Amy!!! Thank you for stopping to say hello and "I promise I'm not crazy, I promise I'm not crazy!!!" :) I did NOT think you were crazy one bit! As a matter of fact, you made my day! It touches me deeply to know that you were willing to pray for my family. A family that you only knew from a blog! You are one of many blessings I have received from doing this. Thank you, thank you...
On Sunday, we took my parents out for lunch in an attempt to repay them for having to watch Crosby. (spoken in a tone of much burden...) I kid!! They LOVE spending time with him any chance they get. And he looks pretty happy to be with them...
And with Aunt Katie and Uncle Justin...
When we got home and his nap was complete, he watched Baby Beethoven from his new movie spot, the Boppy. So intense, that movie...


Then we sat outside and listened to the rain...
I just think he is adorable in a blue and white bubble. Some people think I am nuts for dressing him in white. But I have Baby Oxy Clean so I'm not scared...
Those eyes...

Here is where things get a little ugly...

After that Sunday afternoon movie, I stuck my finger in his mouth for one reason or another. While it was there, I thought I felt a little something on his lower gum. Something...sharp and white!!! I couldn't really see much yesterday but today, it is there. My gummy baby is sprouting a tooth! And let me tell you , he is none to pleased about it! I googled "teething symptoms": irritability(see picture above and below)-check; drooling(practically need bibs for the first time ever when not eating)-check; coughing (with gagging, leading to the occasional vomit)-check; chin rash (pizza face)-check; biting/gnawing-check; cheek rubbing and ear pulling-check; diarrhea(on a new pair of pants...which he hasn't done in AGES)-check; low-grade fever-NOPE!!! thank goodness...; not sleeping well (has woken up screaming 2 times since working on this...gave Tylenol on the second awakening...woke up screaming last night as well...)-check; cold like symptoms (nose has literally been running like a faucet)-check; did I mention irritability????


Let's just say he was pretty crabby first thing this morning! He has also been playing with his tongue a lot this week. Caught him in action...Don't know if that has to do with teething or not but he looks like a little lizard!
Then, he was distracted by something outdoors. Maybe it was the rain, again! So he decided to show of some of his sweet moves...




The child is pulling up on everything and everyone!! Pretty quickly, he was distracted again. This time is was the highchair and he thought it needed to be pushed back and forth...



So I trapped him IN the highchair. He needed to eat, which he has not wanted to do over the past few days!!! I think I have heard that is a sign of teething as well?! And to prove a point, I AM posting a picture of my adorably cute and sweet, baby boy and his nose, dripping with...

nasal discharge. He definitely does NOT have snot...

See it???
Of course, he was an angel for his other grandparents today. Lulu and Perd were out of town for a few days and were eager to see Crosby. I warned them as I left...


Yep! Lulu caught him looking like just that...an angel!
And then we got back home! And Mr. Crab Apple has returned. He didn't want to eat dinner. He has only taken MAYBE 18 or the normal 25 ounces he consumes in a typical day!!! And see those new pants...yea...they are the ones in the sink, soaking in Baby Oxy Clean. PLEASE take the poo yellow stain out...
I am thinking week 41 is going to be one of the longer weeks of his life! And maybe mine! But be sure and know...I will enjoy my crabby, little, tooth-sprouting baby, who has a doctors appointment in the morning, regardless of his crabbiness!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

love his cute pictures!!! man, he is so adorable. i also love your new friend amy, who was wonderfully clad in her orange even though it was a rough game to watch :) how does it feel to be such a celebrity, brittany???

Natalie said...

the above comment is from me, Natalie K. don't know why it showed up anonymous.

Amy said...

It was so great to meet you on Saturday!!! Your family is so precious and it was so neat to meet you in person!!! I love your blog. It has truly been a blessing to me!!!

Ashlee said...

Such a small world...Amy was a sorority sister of mine at UT!!!

Carla said...

natalie had a horrible runny nose everytime she cut her front teeth! i'm convinced grandparents sugar coat things but he does look happy in those pics. aside from teething, you should freeze time b/c i think 9 months old is such a great age!

Jill Fields said...

Nasal discharge...I'm gonna remember that one! I love it!