Monday, October 12, 2009

Mondays with Crosby

At 11:24 am, Crosby Fox turned 41 weeks old!!! For the record, I admit I have to look at last weeks post to know what week we are on! We quit speaking in "week" terminology around 3 months, I suppose. Somehow, you go from saying "1 week, 2 weeks, 8 weeks, 12 weeks" to "3 months, 6 months, 9 months"...you get the idea. I am not sure why the change, but it happens. It is still fun to write out what week we are on.

This week has been a doozie. I think we were up one night...oh...around 6 times! His nose has been awful. If not running, congested. Teething? Cold? Who knows! I am neither a fan of teeth nor colds at this point. I would prefer baby dentures. The little girls on "Toddlers and Tiaras" on TLC wear flippers... Couldn't that suffice until elementary school?
We had a trip to Louisville scheduled for the weekend. This time, Blake had to do continuing education. We have lots of friends we wanted to see as well. Crosby and I considered staying put due to his high level of crabbiness. However, we didn't want to miss out on an opportunity to socialize and decided to go! We had good luck driving at night on our last trip and decided to do the same. This time, in the infant seat. The little man slept like a dream! So far, so good. It took an hour to get through traffic in Nashville and about 30 more minutes to deal with traffic south of L'ville. Needless to say, we got there much later than planned! We hit another problem once we arrived. Sleeping handsome (? as opposed to "beauty") woke up, which was expected. But by the time we got everything up to the room and got the pack-n-play setup, the little fella was wide awake and ready for a party. Mom and dad were not. He screamed every time I tried to lay him down in the pack-n-play!!! I think it was around 4:00am before Crosby and I went sleep! And that is because I gave up on the pack-n-play and just slept in the bed with him. While Blake slept in the other bed! Lovely...shouldn't have waited to bedtime to drive...should have left as soon as Blake got off and put him to sleep in the hotel. I love hindsight. He didn't wake up until 10:26 the next morning!!! That was nice of him. We had to get up and run around like chickens with our heads cut off so we could visit the Lange family!!! Kellie and I went to OT school together and rarely get to hang out! It was her second time to see Crosby! She and Miss Ella were very excited to see how big he has gotten...
Good thing she loves him because she is going to be getting one of these in March!!!

Ella and Kellie...
Group shot!
Blake and I had plans to meet with the Olivers for dinner. No, Crosby does not have to change clothing to "go out"! As I was leaving the Lange's, Crosby had one of the worst "blowouts" in 9 months. (teething?) And wouldn't you know Kellie had volunteered to change his diaper for me! BIG MISTAKE on her part! :) She was gracious enough to wash outfit #1 for me and salvage it!!
Clean baby in tow, and we were off to pick up Blake and head to "Rocky's" to meet Rocky and Amy for dinner! It was Rocky's idea to eat there...
Clean and happy...
Blake was making somebody laugh...
Family shot...

The Olivers!!! Amy, Rocky and Baby Avery who will be making her debut VERY SOON!!!

Group shot...

So happy after dinner...
Amy with Baby Avery :), Me and Crosby...

The happy babe did a 180 once we got back to the hotel and attempted to put him in the pack-n-play. Screamed his head off, again. It is hard to let him "cry it out" when you have people sleeping all around. He finally fell asleep and we followed. That was until about 3:30 when he woke back up! Rather than fight it, I crawled in the other bed with him and out he went. I just got kick and grabbed all night!
But he was up at 7:30, raring to go. So we headed to brunch at Toast with Kellie, Ella AND another OT pal, Elizabeth. This was also Elizabeth's second time to see Crosby! She noted that he had gotten SOOO big! To bad the babe had not gotten much sleep the night before! He didn't like the long wait at the restaurant. He had a small meltdown as soon as my food came (perfect timing-I got The King...delish) but then passed out! He remained asleep for 2+ hours! SOOO thankful for the infant carrier!!!
Group shot at Toast...

Classmates...
Kiddos...

After spending the day with Elizabeth, Crosby and I met Blake at the hotel. We decided to stay in and eat dinner at there. While we were there, we had a great visit with the Eckerts! Blake worked for Dr. Eckert at Woodford Veterinary Clinic when he was a mere technician. We are so thankful for the experience he gained at Woodford, not to mention the mentor and friend in Dr. Eckert. And to top that off, his wife Ginny is a gem! We love the Eckerts and their daughters! Why not throw in the fact that their oldest daughter bought our...how should I say this..."manufactured home"(yes...that is what I said) when we left Auburn! Oh, how we loved that Fleetwood, 16x80, single-wide that had no seems in the middle because it was hauled in one piece by a truck straight down the interstate...
I seemed to have gotten sidetracked... back to dinner with the Eckerts...
Crosby listening to Blake and Dr. Eckert talk. Maybe he will follow in their footsteps...

Dr. Eckert, Blake, Crosby and Ginny...

To top of a great day, the little one went down with little protest! That was with the help of Hyland's teething tablets, saline nasal spray and Infant Tylenol! How thrilled were we that he slept through the night!?!!!!
The next morning he showed off a new trick. One that I am not so fond of and don't allow him to do very often. He is WAY to tiny to be doing this...

Once Blake finished with his lectures, we headed out of town. But we made a little pit stop here , first...

We had been hearing about this place all weekend. It is quite the quirky getup but the food was AMAZING!!! Wait, I am jumping ahead of myself. We had another LONG wait. Luckily Blake was there to help entertain the little man while we waited. Along with lots of random "yard art"...

Crosby on a pink cow...
Crosby on a horse wearing mascara...

Crosby sitting in a large, orange hand... (the lighting was not my friend...very bright out there)

Crosby in a teal hand...

And again...

Crosby and Little Boy Blue...no...Bah Bah Black Sheep...no... is there a Ba Ba Little Boy Blue Sheep?
And why not...Crosby riding Ba Ba Little Boy Blue Sheep...
The decor on the inside was interesting as well...


The environment was perfect for a babe! I was expecting a meltdown once we were seated. Much to our surprise, we got quite the opposite...
Wild man...

The child screamed, squealed, spit and talked his head off!!! He loved it in there. Thankfully it was loud so no one seemed to mind! I was able to enjoy and taste my mouth watering, Breakfast Burrito! After brunch, we strapped the little one in his infant seat and headed South! He slept the whole way home!!! SOOOO thankful for the infant carrier on this trip, in case I left that out...

We had a GREAT trip despite lots of snot and one tiny, white cap errupting from the bottom gum of our little man! We were only home for a little while before Crosby said he was worn out from the drive. He layed in my lap for a 20 minute power nap. Blake looked over at him and mouthed, "He looks soooo big!!" It made my eyes water... He IS getting so big and these pictures prove it...

So does that white cap. Maybe I will catch it on film...or...in pixel one of these days!!

3 comments:

Ashlee said...

Jeremy would be so happy that you used the term "manufactured home!" hahaha! He corrects people all the time:)

Jill Fields said...

I am so glad ya'll had a good trip with good friends! Isn't it fun to show Corsby off?!?

Jill Fields said...

So sorry...Crosby! My hands get ahead of my brain sometimes!