Wednesday, January 27, 2010

So long

Farewell. It's been real nice to know you!
That's right folks! She's on a shelf. Packed away. Not to be used again anytime soon!!!Technically, my last day to "sit a spell" with Medela was January 13th. 2 weeks ago. I guess my previous experiences left me scarred so I was dreading the weaning process. But, I am happy to say it was pretty easy, both physically and emotionally. I just knew it would be in tears when I was done, buuuuut, not so much! I saw how easy it was to pour whole milk in his bottle and kinda of liked it! Actually, I have to admit I am having a hard time making myself use the remaining 10ish bags still left in the freezer. It just takes so long to thaw... And to think I used to panic over a few spilled ounces! My, how times have changed!

1 comment:

Sheila Aust said...

I feel so sad for you. I was sad when I stopped nursing my last child. When I think of those times now, I am filled with mixed emotions of saddness but then there is tenderness. I have special times I remember of each of my children suckling at the breast and looking up at me and then there is this toothless grinn and my heart still beats a little faster because it was just precious...