Tuesday, November 3, 2009

To cry or to throw up...

I know. That's gross. But I am on the verge of doing one or the other. "Why," you ask? I dropped my camera. You know, the one I use to take 95% of my pictures. My Canon. My digital SLR.
I was holding it in my right hand, while carrying Crosby, my checkbook, my phone, the diaper bag and my purse. Yes, all at the same time. HUGE mistake. Totally forgot the camera was even in my hand and just let it go!!!! Right onto the garage floor, which is made of cement. NOT camera friendly. It landed right on the lens. It won't zoom in and out now. There is no such thing a focus any more. On the bright side, I had my UV filter on, so the lens itself didn't get scratched!!! You can't get the filter off and it is shattered but at least the lens didn't get scratched...
I was taking the little one to Dr. P's office because he broke out with a splotchy, red rash on his head and chest this afternoon. We took pictures just in case it faded before we made it in. Sure enough, it faded. SOOOO, I was taking the camera with me to the doctor's office when it happened. Oh, I can still hear the sound of the camera hitting the ground...chills... At least the LCD worked and Dr. P was able to see the rash at it's worst. Sounds like the little fella has a case of Roseola and there is nothing to do for it. Lovely! I am grateful the rash was no big deal. And I am also grateful we were in and out in 10 minutes. It was still the most expensive doctor's appointment we have ever had!!!!
I guess I will be taking a trip to the camera shop tomorrow. I am hoping it is JUST the lens and not the camera body. Please, let it just be the lens... I mean, I would love, love, love to get a new lens and camera body. However, that is NOT in the stay-at-home mom's budget, if you know what I mean!!! Especially with the stay-at-home child's Christmas and birthday just around the corner!!!! I am keeping my fingers crossed!!!

And, I hear it is National Bloggers Month, or something like that. I was indirectly challenged to post a blog every day by Sarah. I thought I would try to take her up on it, despite having missed the first day. This was NOT how I intended my second post of the month to go!!! Here's to happy post for the rest of the month!!!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Sorry again about your camera! :( Thanks for taking on the blogging challenge with me.

Anonymous said...

Oh my!!! I would have thrown up and cried. You know, Canon has EXCELLENT customer service- send your lens in, and they will fix it, clean it and get it back to you ASAP!