Sunday, November 8, 2009

Oldie but goodie...

Many moons ago, I noted a few changes had been made to Crosby's room. I think I even promised pictures. Well, 7 months later, I am following through with my promise! I was digging through the photo vault and decide it was about time I show off the AMAZING mural painted on Crosby's wall!!!

One of the many perks of marrying Blake was joining his family. Lots of aunts + lots of uncles + lots of cousins = LOTS of fun! I could not ask for a better group of extended in-laws! (?? totally making up terminology...) One of the awesome extended in-laws is Lisa. Let me just say she is quite possibly one of the coolest people you will ever meet. Yes, the word "cool" is a little dated, but there is no other way to describe her. She just is! And, she happens to be one of the most talented artists I know! She can paint on walls, on canvas, on furniture. You name it. When I realized she would be painting a mural on his wall, I wet my britches! Just being honest folks!! I mean, it was like, "Are you kidding me??? I will have a Lisa Fox original on a wall in my house??? THE Lisa Fox?? Like owner of this gallery, Lisa Fox!!!!"

Soooo, on May 5th, she showed up at more door, ready to work her magic! The plan was to paint a cow jumping over the moon. My mother-in-law had already stenciled the words on the wall. It was up to Lisa to bring the words to life. She brought several children's books to decide which cow would look best on the wall. Once we decided, she got to work, drawing the scene on a large piece of paper. The next thing I know, the sketch was transferred onto the wall and she began to paint...

I was hoping Crosby could watch her at work and learn a thing or two...

The end result was spectacular!!!! Lisa's work blew the original out of the ballpark! We both love how the cow appears to be jumping over the moon, right in to Crosby's bed. Speaking of Crosby, he LOVES his cow!!! I have found him sitting, with his back propped on the bumper farthest from the wall, his feet at the bumper on by the wall, and his eyes staring straight up at his cow, just talking away! It is absolutely adorable!! We cannot thank Lisa enough for sharing her time and talent with us. What an amazing gift!
Of course I had to take a picture of him sleeping for the first time with his new friend overhead...
Would you look at that little baby in his sleep sack...

The completed room...
The new dresser...
If you can't tell, Crosby's room is tiny. But, I think the cow she picked will grow perfectly with him. Not too baby. Not too big boy. I can see a twin bed positioned right under the mural when he gets a little older. But let's not go there right now... I will admit, looking back in the picture vault nearly brought tears to my eyes. It seems like this was a month ago, at best. Oh, how fast my little one is growing. What I would give to slow him down. What I would give...

No comments: