Thursday, November 26, 2009

It matters not

He napped like a dream in the pack-n-play yesterday afternoon. But it was a different story when the sun went down. Despite the egg crate. Despite the bumper pads. Little man did not want to sleep in a make shift crib last night. Apparently he is a bit of a crib snob.

I attempted to lay him down 3 times. When the third attempt led to sobbing and huge tears, I put him in bed with his daddy. They snuggled until he was out. Then I made the transfer. He woke up crying at 2:30am ish but was able to fall back asleep on his own. He woke up at 5:50 ish and I put him in bed with us, never to fall back asleep. Needless to say, it was a long night!

At least the morning nap was excellent. The afternoon nap...not so much. The ride home ended up taking 6 hours. He required lots of distraction to remain content when awake. He needed a stop along the way to stretch his legs.

Did I mention he had a low grade fever last night? And this morning?

It might sound like a rough Thanksgiving. Maybe it was for the little guy. But for the mama, all of this matters not. I can think of a MILLION reasons to be thankful today. My feverish, snotty, whiny, fussy, happy one second distraught the next, out of sorts, pack-n-play hating, depriving us of sleep baby is just one HUGE reason...

No comments: