Thursday, May 7, 2009

Otter Creek Shower

The girls from small group were so sweet to host a shower for me and Crosby at Otter Creek. This shower was very special to me for obvious reasons. I love these girls and they have been so good to our family. But there is another reason this day was so precious to me. Moriah scheduled two showers in the past that had to be taken off the calendar. One for Finley. One for Caroline. We did not even discuss a date for this shower until I was 30+ weeks pregnant with Crosby...for my sake. Words cannot describe how good it felt to walk through the doors on February 22 with Crosby in tow. How blessed we were to be able to keep the date!!!


The tables were decorated with 2 of my favorites: pictures of my little guy and tins of peanut M&M's!!! How cute are these...



A picture with the hostesses: Jill, Bre, LeAnne, Moriah, Crosby, Me, Katie, Lesley and Julie

The food table...

Floral arrangement...

The napkins...

Me and the cake...



The shower began with Lesley reading scripture and lifting a prayer up to the Lord. How appropriate that she chose Psalm 121:1-8. I have to share a little history...

We started Beth Moore's Stepping Up a journey through the Psalms of Ascent during my 21st week of pregnancy.We were set to finish the study at one of the major milestones the doctors had me trying to reach: 28 weeks!! At 21 weeks, I never dreamed I would reach that goal. I felt positive he would be born before we could finish the 6 week study. We were asked to memorize these verses early on in the study. I recited them over and over and over in my head on my tough days. This verses literally got me through each day...

1 I raise my eyes towards the mountains.
Where will my help come from?
2 My help comes from the Lord,
the Maker of heaven and earth.
3 He will not allow your foot to sleep;
your Protector will not slumber.
4 Indeed, the Protector of Israel
does not slumber or sleep.
5 the Lord protects you;
the Lord is a shelter right by your side.
6 The sun will not strike you by day,
or the moon by night.
7 The Lord will protect you from all harm;
He will protect your life.
8 The Lord will protect your coming and going
both now and forever.

As we now know, I made it to 28 weeks alright! We FAR surpassed that goal! Praise be to GOD!!!!!

Lesley reading scripture...

Me, Lesley and Bre...

This was Crosby's first day at church. Because I was still concerned about his immune system, he stayed in the car seat, aunt Katie's arms or my mom's arms! We still held off on passing him around. One more week of quarantine!!!

Opening gifts...




Group shot...

What a great day! What a great group of friends! What an amazing church! I have mentioned that WE ARE BLESSED??????

No comments: