Monday, May 4, 2009

Mondays with Crosby


At 11:24 am, Crosby Fox turned 18 weeks old!!! Believe it or not, these have been the best 18 weeks of my life. Sure, some days have been hard. I may have even shed a tear or two, trying to figure out what in the world I am doing wrong! Still, this has been the most exciting adventure I have ever been on...parenthood!! I highly recommend it!!!! ;0)

I will admit, it doesn't hurt that I get to look at that sweet face all day long. That face is even cute when he is pitching a fit of some sort. His top lip curls under and his tongue quivers when he is upset. Even it is a precious sight!!! Fortunately, the days of super fussy Crosby seem to be a thing of the past. I have managed to figure out what this baby wants and when he wants it. As long as I listen to his cues, we do pretty well! What a nice feeling.

I believe I posted last week about 3 nights in a row of great sleeping. Well...that has not stopped!!! Since last Saturday, he has slept anywhere from 7:30-10:30 until 5:00 in the morning. He only did 5:00 one day. The rest of the time it has been until 6 or 7!!! He has gotten 9-10 hours every night and I have gotten 6-8 hours straight every night since last Saturday!!! I feel like a new person! The only reason I don't get more sleep is because I am still a little obsessed with my stylish pump and staying on top of things. More on that to follow.

Last night, Crosby fell asleep in my arms while we were watching The Amazing Race (LOVE that show). Anyway, he had not taken a good nap all day and fell asleep close to bed time. So I just let him lay there for a bit. But I think he had plans to stay there for the duration of the night. This is what he looked like from overhead...

And from the side...
I tried everything I could to wake him up on his own. Moving, turning, talking loud. Nothing was doing it. Crosby was out. So I finally had to wake the poor baby up and he was pretty sad about it. Just look at that sleep, fat face!!! You know what I mean...puffy, sleep, fat face...
In keeping with our night time routine, we promptly bathed him and got him ready for bed. Sleep sack and all. I gave him his last bottle of the night and watched his eyes flutter and eventually close. Normally I burp him, which wakes him up just enough to lay him down "drowsy but not asleep." Things were looking good until his head hit the bed. That is when his eyes popped wide open and he flashed a big, cheesy grin!!!! He went from sleep baby in previous picture to this....
Baby performing "modified tummy time" position with dad!! Excuse me?!?!? "You are supposed to be in bed young man!!!" He had other plans. Serves me right for letting him fall asleep in my arms. But there are times when I just can't resist holding him a little bit longer. It was worth it because he was quite the ham last night.
Watching hockey with Blake...


Talking up a storm and giving his input about the game. You will just have to imagine him rotated 90 degrees to the left because I can't figure out how to do it myself...




He is discovering his tongue more and more each day. It is so funny to watch him. I had to take a few snap shots of him moving that mouth around. So cute...





This morning we had "therapy" time!! We have really started to work on head control and strengthening his trunk. He is making lots of progress in both areas. I mean, look at him sitting up in his Bumbo...

Too funny not to post...



Today we put him in one of his new toys: the exersaucer. I am pretty sure I was more excited about it than he was. We are having to put a book under his feet because he isn't tall enough to reach the floor. But the pediatrician recommended we start using it so I was all over it!!. I insisted we put it together Saturday afternoon. We didn't have the batteries until last night but baby was too pooped to play. So I waited until Blake came home for lunch to see him in action...



I have a feeling you will be seeing lots more of him in this contraption!! :) He can't tolerate it for too long at this point because it is hard work! But he really seems to like what he sees!!
Crosby woke up from his morning nap in the best of moods! He was smiling and kicking around in the floor. Nugget was getting pretty jealous so he ran downstairs, and came back with one of Crosby's toys in his mouth. You can barely see the "Yeti" (our souvenir from Disney) under Nug's head. Anyway, he eventually laid down in the floor next to Crosby and this happened...


Crosby has become much more intentional with his arm and hand movement. This was his first time to reach over and love on Nugget. Luckily I had the camera ready to show Blake. It was a proud moment for these dog lovers to see their babe loving on his brother!! :)
I was all wrapped up in the moment until a wave of panic hit me. I realized that while I was capturing brotherly love on film, I had inadvertently knocked over 2.5 ounces of milk. That might seem like no big deal to some. But oh my goodness...it made me sick to my stomach. There is nothing worse than seeing a puddle of milk on the carpet. It makes me mad to lose a drop or two on the counter when transferring from one bottle to another. That stuff is so valuable to me. I would like to say I worked SOOOO hard for that milk. Truthfully, I don't have to do all that much. Thankfully, it just appears! But to see it wasted is such a travesty. Blake thinks I am nuts, reminding me that we have 80 bags containing 4 or more ounces of milk in our deep freezer. But it does not matter...2.5 ounces were wasted to the FLOOR!!!!! I went from having a 5 ounce bottle to a 3 ounce bottle. UUUGGGHHHH. It has been about 12 hours since that happened and it still riles me up... I know, I need to get over it. And I will. Eventually.

We took a trip on Friday to see some very special people!!! I have lots of pictures to share but it deserves a post of it's own. So, I leave you with a teaser of cutie-pa-tootie Mr. Crosby to get you to come back for more!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Precious pictures! And I am so happy about his sleeping patterns...I cannot imagine how rested you must feel going from 3-4 to 6-8 hours! You are a trooper! Ashlee B had her baby this am, and while we were cooing at Endsley, we began talking about your nursing triumphs and struggles and just how amazed we are at your dedication! And , yes, it's perfectly fine to grieve over 2.5 ounces of spilled milk! You DID do a lit of hard work to get that! Enjoy week 18! Love, Jill

Gary and Judi said...

Love the pictures...love the 'love notes' about your beautiful boy! You are such a precious mother -
Carina said she had a wonderful time with you and Crosby at the Franklin Festival! I hope that you two will get together often - you both have the same gentle spirit and will develop a strong wonderful friendship!
I will call you in the next week or two...I am missing that little boy way too much (oh - and his mom too!!)...so I will come for a visit. Judi