Thursday, November 27, 2008

Abundance

There is so much to be thankful for not only on this day, but everyday. I wanted to take a few
moments to mention a few things that come to mind. In no particular order...

Blake, Nugget, parents (both sets!!), siblings and their families, aunts, uncles, cousins, Grandmother, high school friends, college friends, church friends, work friends, blog friends, Otter Creek Church staff and family, Woodmont Hills church family, FBC Columbia church family, churches in Alabama, Tennessee, Texas and Georgia that have prayed for our family, meals we have received for 14 weeks, phone calls of concern and encouragement, prayers that I know about and those that I don't, being anointed with oil and prayed over, email, blog comments, Facebook comments, text messages, friends taking me to and from appointments, support from Blake's boss and co-workers, Blake's job being .6 miles from our house, financial provision during economic difficulty, insurance, our home, our education, our freedom in the US, our military, Finley Grace, Caroline Grace, the blessings that have followed because our daughters short lives, this little boy who has spent 31 weeks and 1 day inside of me, Dr. B, Dr. C, their nurses and staff, the nurses that cared for me while I was in Baptist, prayer, salvation,
grace, the Trinity, forgiveness...

We are blessed beyond measure. We have been given far more than we "deserve" while
"deserving" none of it. It is my hope that we all take time to count our blessings on this day of thanksgiving.

There are several families around us who are spending their first Thanksgiving without their father/husband/grandfather. Thinking of the Curtis family, the Cochran family, and the Meador family today...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving! We all have so much to be thankful for this year - One thing I am very thankful for is that God led us together during this crazy time in our lives! I did want to let you know that we haven't forgotten you guys. Things around here have been a little crazy - we weren't expecting to be bringing them both home!!! And they are doing great - no problems in the least. And you are further along than I was when I had them!!! God's blessings are amazing aren't they?

Anonymous said...

I am thankful to you, for your faithfulness to Blake, your son and your God. You are an inspiration to me this Thanksgiving Day.

Love,
Jennifer

I'm praying daily!

Anonymous said...

We are all thankful for you, too! You and Blake are such an inspiration and daily reminder for the important things in life that we so often overlook! Your story has been and continues to be a blessing you all of us who have had the honor to hear it! We love you and are looking so forward to the coming weeks of GREAT news from Bellvue! XOXOXO~ jill

P.S. Mr. Snickers just winked at me...I think that was a hello...or maybe just him pretending to be "hurt" again! :)