Monday, November 3, 2008

Baptist Round 1, Day 6

I had my ultrasound this morning. My numbers were not as good today, 1.6 cm/16mm. I cannot say I was surprised by that and am taking the news well. Dr. B actually came in later this morning, which allowed him to see the ultrasound report. He did not seem all that concerned with the results. A calm doctor is always encouraging! So, the plans...

Like every other Tuesday, I am scheduled for another dose of progesterone. He will also repeat the fetal fibronectin test in the morning and should have those results sometime in the afternoon. As of today, we are decreasing terbutaline to 3 times a day in order to it flush it from my system. He would like to keep me off it for a few days in an effort to increase its effectiveness for future use. If my contractions increase, we can restart it at anytime. I have been taking Procardia once a day for several days now. There is the possibility to increase my dose in the future if needed. He does not want to so that just yet because it lowers your blood pressure and mine tends to run fairly low anyway (sorry to rub that in your face Melissa!! :)). The current dose has not effected me so far. I am scheduled for another ultrasound Thursday morning. We will discuss possible discharge home at that time. Of course, that will depend on how I tolerate the med change over the next few days and how my cervix looks.

I am happy to stay here as long as needed. Although there are perks to going home on Thursday, I will be fine either way. Despite the changes seen on ultrasound, my stress level is low. I am just happy we know where things stand at the moment. So far, I have not had a run of contractions today, which helps my sanity! That being said, they usually start in the afternoon/early evening. I am hoping for a break tonight. Speaking of tonight, Blake is off tomorrow so I will have my roommate back!!!! That thrills me to no end.

That is about all I know for now. I will post an update of the fFN test results when we get them tomorrow...

10 comments:

stance. said...

you are right, God is not going to be surprised by any of this. lance and i are praying for you and will holler at you later on to see how you're doing :)

Melissa said...

I will be praying for you during this medicine change--hang in there! You are doing great! Take care.

Anonymous said...

keep up the good work!!!!! i love all the details in your posts. you are doing great!!! keep letting us know what is happening~ we love you!

sybil

Anonymous said...

Danielle,

I just wanted you to know that you are in my prayers. I hesitate to even comment because we have never met (and I don't want to creep you out!). I was attending Otter Creek when you lost Caroline and have been checking your blog ever since. I have posted once or twice before and just wanted you to know that I'm still praying.

My friend stayed in the same suite this summer while going through some similar circumstances. I know her mind was her own worst enemy - especially in the late afternoon/evening when the contractions picked up and she was alone for the night. I will pray specifically for you during those times that the Lord will take hold of your thoughts.

And...apparently, taking Miralax with hot water is supposed to help keep things moving :). As for the Ambien, your response was mild compared to mine! I'm too embarrassed to even write about that!

Anonymous said...

Okay, I am a little hesitant to post this, but I thought you might need some comic relief. Please don't laugh yourself into a contraction when you view this: http://sendables.jibjab.com/view/8Z8167zRHB85BgF9 (Just copy and paste into your address box.) Before you watch, I just have to say that Billy had WAY too much time on his hands last night and thought this would boost your spirits! Jill P.S. They had ones where you could insert your pets pictures, but I though that might be a little too much for Dr. Malone!

Anonymous said...

http://sendables.jibjab.com/view/p7ivD7VwAcJ0OrIH

and another one....jill

Anonymous said...

http://sendables.jibjab.com/view/Mxcw8d43IVOcJSkj

Yes, I told you he had too much time! jill

Anonymous said...

http://sendables.jibjab.com/view/vljF2hSsGWl4A2wL

Promise, this is the last one!

XOXOXO~ Jill

Anonymous said...

Sorry I haven't been able to get by - My newest PICC line got an infection. Good news, though - they went on and took it out today, so no more IV fluids/ antibiotics!!! I figured I better stay away from the NICU, though, since I was running a fever. It sounds like everything is going good - I am anxious to see how the FFN results come out. I think everything will be just fine (Nurse Chris reminds me of that everytime I talk to her - she says you are doing awesome, as is the little one!) I will be up tomorrow God willing, so please let me know if there is anything I can bring you guys!

Veronica said...

Girl, I have not had a chance to check my blogs lately and boy, did I have to catch up! So glad your spirits are well and you are doing ok at the hospital. What a hero that little boy has in his mom who is doing everything she can for her precious child!! As the Lord encourages Joshua so I will encourage you friend, "I will be with you. I will not leave you nor forsake you. Be strong and of good courage...do not be afraid or dismayed for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go."