Thursday, November 13, 2008

29w1d

I know, I know...it has been a while...again. To be honest, there has not been too much new information to report. Let me see...I have come out of our bedroom four times since I have been home. I have been playing Tiger-Heli on the original Nintendo and have a sore spot on my left thumb from the arrow buttons. I finished my 14th book and am now on number 15, Confessions of a Shopaholic. My Boppy Total Body Pillow from Target is starting to flatten a little but I still love it and sleep with it every night. I have been working on this for several hours now and just learned that baby boy's dresser will be arriving shortly. It will pass right through the living room, where I am lying on the couch. I will refuse to look at it. I have seen a picture text of it, which was on the verge of too much info!! If it comes from PD's in Franklin, there is no need to approve it in my mind. "It's from PD's" is enough for me!! Anyway, the first piece of furniture will be in the baby's room by 6:30 pm!!


Like usual, I spent good chunks of the day on Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday having contractions. I called Dr. B on Tuesday and he changed my meds a bit. I thought about paging him at least 10 times yesterday (his off day) but didn't. Basically, I have been a nut case, trying to determine if what I am feeling is different or not. Todays appointment confirmed it for me. Things still look good. Another negative fetal fibronectin test. The news couldn't be much better for me! Physically, the ultrasound looked better than Monday, 15mm-17mm. Amazing!!! It is looking like we should confidently reach 31 weeks. That is HUGE!!!

The mental...I think an admission to an adult psych floor is warranted. Plain and simple, I am nuts. I am clueless as to what my body is doing at this point. I am pretty sure that most females would have been to the hospital 100 times with these contractions. But not me. This is NORMAL!!!! Rounds of contractions 3-5 minutes apart for an hour or more at a time, multiple times a week is NORMAL. That is what all the books say, right??? I might as well throw away What to Expect When You Are Expecting. Clearly they were not expecting me as a reader!


In my defense, I don't know how anyone could be anything other but crazy with the number of contractions I have on a daily/weekly basis. I guess I should be grateful that they are just now starting to wear me down mentally. Afterall, I have been relatively sane for a good part of last 12 weeks on bedrest! That does not even include the 17 weeks before. Keeping my composure at least half of the time isn't so bad, right?

Oh dear, nothing irks me more than a complaining, pregnant girl. (Is it weird that I can't refer to myself as a "woman"? Denial maybe?) Having walked through the past 2 years, it seems so selfish for anyone to gripe over such a wonderful gift. If I am honest, that is why I have been hesitant to post. The last thing I want to sound like is that person. I am SO thankful to be here, 29 weeks and 1 day pregnant. I could not be more excited about this little guy. How blessed am I to have tons of ineffective contractions? Very!!! I would prefer that all sensory nerves to my uterus be temporarily out of order...but that is not really an option. :) I don't want to sound like I am complaining.

I selfishly come to you asking for prayer, again. For perseverance, peace, perspective, discernment and patience to get this baby here, healthy and in our arms. I thank the Lord for each day He has given us and ask that He forgive my worry, doubts and fears. As I have read time and time again, God knows when this little guy will make his appearance. He is not "sleeping on the job"...Psalm 121, Psalm 121, Psalm 121. If I keep saying it over and over in my head, maybe is will sink in. :)

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

awesome news! maybe we'll see you 2 this w/e. love you guys! -jac

Katie said...

Don't worry about complaining-every pregnant girl does it in their last trimester! (And we all feel guilty for doing so.) Congrats on the negative ffn test. You're getting lots of prayers from Texas. -Katie R.

Dan and Rachel Williamson said...

Just remember, when pregnant, ice cream or chocolate (and in dire situations, both) make everything better-or at least help the perspective!

partyoffivetn said...

couldn't help but continue to follow your blog after my first comment...and I rejoice every time I see you are still pregnant...I am still praying...especially for your peace and patience...

Anonymous said...

Blake and Danielle,
I am praying for you as always. I'm glad you are home. I completely understand your frustrations, worry, anxiety and fears. It's okay to have them. And it's healthy to speak it! I am praying for your sanity and serentity. One day at a time!
Love

ben wilkins said...

We're praying for you as always Danielle! So glad to hear the good news!

Brandie said...

Great News!!! Keep up the good work. Prayers for you, Blake and the little guy.

stance. said...

Another negative test? That's amazing, Danielle! I'm sorry that you have to deal with all these contractions and the worry and the fear. I am praying that the Lord will calm your contractions down, calm your mind and spirit and help you get through these weeks sane and strong. It is anything BUT selfish of you to ask for prayer; it takes courage & humility to ask for other people's help. I read a devo last night from John Piper (in Pierced by the Word, day 10 I believe) and it said in a prayer "Lord, let us not resent our need for You" or something like that. It really hit home for me. He is glorified when we trust Him with our burdens. So I'm praying for you, that you will continue to glorify the Lord by admitting your daily need for Him! And that He will provide everything you're asking for. Love you!!

Gary and Judi said...

Prayers continually pour from our hearts right into the arms of our Lord, who is enveloping all of you in love and peace....hang in there, little boy...hang in there, pregnant girl...hang in there, daddy.....

Gary and Judi

Anonymous said...

Hi Danielle-
You don't know me but I am friends with Dan and Rachel and have heard about you many times. I've been reading your blog like a crazy person and praying for you. A month or two ago your husband called in a rx for Beau and I said "they're friends of mine" and he said "mine too!" I mentioned this to Rachel and she felt compelled to conect the dots for me. I am a cancer survivor and truly believe in the power of prayer. I know you do to and just wanted to let you know I'm thinking of y'all!
Christine Gill

Anonymous said...

dear danielle...the news only gets better!!!! little man is right where he needs to be and so are you, resting on the couch, gaining strength and growing a healthy baby boy!!!! each time you ask for prayer and admit your anxiety you are glorifying God because you are admitting what all need to know...we just can't get through deep waters or even shallow streams without the strenght that only the Lord provides! this lifts Him up and reminds us all to call out to God moment by moment because He is with us and hears each sound our heart makes and when we cannot express what overwhelms us the Spirit prays for us...can't get any better than that!! God's grace is sufficient and in admitting our weakness...He is made strong and lifted high! you just keep on beleiving and resting and you will be in the 30's week wise before you know it...like next week for starters! it's been and will continue to be a joy and priviledge to bring you to God's throne with each thought of you and blake and baby boy...which is plentiful! love, the gobble's "those who go to God Most High for safety will be protected by the Almighty" ps. 91:1

Giving Love Encounters said...

Random lurker here....
Ran into your blog from a friend's friend's blog....been praying for you for months now.

Glad you are at 29!!!

Oh, you will love the Shopaholic series....like, laugh out loud, entertainment!
Hope you got more than the first one! ;)

Kristen

andee hart said...

Danielle, You may not know me, but I go to OC and know Justin and Katie. Just wanted to let you know that I just said a special prayer for you and your little guy. Reading your blog has been a blessing to me and I pray for you often. :)

Andee Hart

Anonymous said...

Well, if you go to the psych ward, save a place for me! I have spent the majority of the weekend in a deer stand...you can definitely call that crazy! (especially if you know me and my love of all things clean and indoors) The funny thing is, I actually enjoyed myself...even crazier! High above the treeline, I spent a great portion of my time "looking" at God's work/plans from a totally different perspective. I have to say, it was quite calming and serene. Being away from the usual noise of the world and viewing a beauty that is so rare for me, I reflected on things that are out of my control and felt an overwhelming appreciation that I AM NOT in control. I want you to know that I spent many moments up there talking to God about you, Blake, and baby boy. It was a pretty good conversation! Never be regretful about asking for things, ok? From God or friends! That what we're here for, and I agreed with Stance...He feels honored when we turn to Him! XOXOXO~ Jill