Monday, April 30, 2012

Mondays with Crosby and Jane Claire

At 11:24 am, Crosby Fox turned 3 years and 18 weeks old!!!  At 1:03 pm, Jane Claire turned 4 weeks old!!!  Okay, seriously.  I know Crosby's first year went by lightning fast.  Is it possible Jane Claire's is going even faster???  I am thinking such is true!  The great news is Crosby is just as much in love with his sister as the day she was born.  (I had a sweet video of that precious day...)  He still thinks her head is the softest thing he has ever touched.  He tries to get anyone who meets her to feel for themselves.  Sweet girl has the greasiest head ever!  And I am realizing that we haven't been as good at bathing Little Miss!?!  Maybe she has had 5 baths in her 4 weeks!?!  Is that awful or what?  But she smells so baby sweet.  Seriously.  She does.  Maybe that is the joy of a baby that doesn't spit up!  Gonna work on that.  At least I admit my faults, right!

On Tuesday, we took the kiddos to the zoo.  Jane Claire was so very excited about the trip.  See...
Sweet girl slept the whole time!  What a dream baby.  Crosby, on the other hand, enjoyed himself thoroughly.  We made it to the gibbons and then decided to check out the new dinosaur exhibit.  This is one of the first we met...
I am thinking this one spit water all over us...
Good thing we were warned before hand.  I am pretty sure I would not have wanted Jane Claire to be slimed by that lovely creature!  Crosby, however, was thrilled to get wet!  He was a little apprehensive when I suggested he get out of the stroller to take a closer look.  Maybe you can tell...
Or maybe this picture gives it away...
You gotta give him credit.  It does look like the triceratops is very real and could possibly eat him for lunch!
Then the big boy came out (or maybe not since he is still clinging to Blake) and he offered a great big, new chipmunk smile...
Oh dear!  I just have to laugh.  It is either that or cry and I prefer to laugh!!  It is seriously the funniest, most awkward face I have ever seen...
Maybe he is trying to look like a T-Rex.  Kinda looks similar...
Not this angel so much...
After we left the dinosaur exhibit, we walked over to see the farm animals and had a little picnic lunch...
Jane Claire woke up and decided it was time to eat at that point.  We headed to the car while the boys went to the playground.  Looking back, I find it amusing that we only made it to the gibbons.  We usually make our way around most of the zoo.  Not today.  We saw the fake dinosaurs, gibbons and farm animals!  We rarely see the farm animals so I guess it was nice to pay them attention!   Fun times for our little family of 4!

I am not sure when I took this picture but it is so stinkin' cute of Miss Jane Claire...
Can't get enough of that wee one!!

On Saturday, we made the trip to Birmingham to celebrate Sam's birthday.  He had a soccer game at noon that we wanted to watch.  Unfortunately, Crosby was more interested in the playground than the soccer game.  So I manned the 3 year old while Blake watched Sam in action.  Needless to say, I got no pictures of him on the field.  :(  We did pull out the camera for his mini party...
Lulu wasn't able to make the trip but she sent delish cupcakes for everyone to enjoy.  The sports balls were donut holes covered in icing.  Yummo!!!  Does Sam not look so big?!?  He is such a sweet kid.  And he looks a lot like Uncle Blake in their matching glasses!  I was feeding little bit so I missed out on the singing of the birthday song.  But I am pretty sure that is what was happening here...
Crosby was pretty excited about his cupcake...
He was even more excited about "helping" Sam open his gifts.  You know, because Sam "needed" help!
Woah!!  An X-Box...
More gift opening with Gid helping too!
Crosby came out wearing a Darth Vader mask.  He doesn't even know who Darth Vader is but he thought he looked pretty cool...
Sam showing off the Chelsea jersey we gave him.  He was so excited!  And how funny that he already HAD and was WEARING the matching shorts!  Pretty perfect...
I am not sure who this guy is?!?  (we aren't into Star Wars just yet)  Crosby has no clue either!  It mattered not.  He was feeling pretty cool in the mask regardless...
Malone squeezing on Sam's cheeks!  Such sweet cousin love...
Jane Claire at 4 weeks!!!  Isn't she looking so big?!?
We just love her to pieces.  Her big brother especially...
Melt my heart, these two children I have been blessed with...

No comments: