Monday, April 16, 2012

Mondays with Crosby and Jane Claire

At 11:24 am, Crosby Fox turned 3 years and 16 weeks old!!!  At 1:03 pm, Jane Claire turned 2 weeks old!!  Technically speaking, the above picture is from Monday night of last week and should have been included in last weeks post.  I forgot about all of the pictures I have taken with my phone over the past 2 weeks.  Some that are pretty sweet!  So I just had to share that one first!  And maybe a few more...

Me and Jane Claire the day she was born...
The proud (tired) parents with their little girl...
Little Miss all cuddled up with me on our first day at home...
I have LOTS more to share!  I think I am going to have to do a cell phone photo dump day.  Maybe one of these years I will get around to it.  After losing that precious video, I need to do it sooner rather than later.  Sigh.  I don't know that I am going to get over that one any time soon...

On Tuesday, I went to lunch with a Melissa and Joanna to celebrate Melissa's birthday.  I took Jane Claire with me and Blake stayed home with Crosby.  I got a text from Blake showing off Crosby's Auto Mall...
Crosby was in heaven.  They had a little figurine they used as the salesman.  I hear the stories they came up with were pretty creative!  I say this definitely earned Blake the "Dad of the Day" award.  Maybe even the week!!  Too bad it was right in the middle of the living room floor!  ;-)  As long as they had a good time...

Jane Claire got a sweet gift from a friend that day.  I looked over to find someone else modeling HER clothes...
Oh dear!  Gonna keep this one for blackmail later in life!  What a silly boy.

On Wednesday, Jane Claire and I traveled with Justin, Katie and Harper to Dalton, Georgia to be with our family.  We learned on Easter Sunday that my dear Uncle Ken passed away.  Uncle Ken, Aunt Dot, Leah and Laura are so precious to our family.  Aunt Dot is one of the most faithful followers of my blog.  It wanted to be with our family as we said good bye to such a gracious man.  After speaking with Dr. B and the pediatrician, I felt comfortable making the trip.  It was so nice to hug the necks of my aunt and cousins.  I hate our visit was so short and for such a difficult occasion but I was glad we were able to attend.  And I am glad Harper and Jane Claire were perfect angels the whole day.


While Crosby was in school, I made myself take the camera out and take a few pictures of sweet Jane Claire.  I dressed her in a gown Crosby wore when he was a little fella.  Melt my heart...  She looked just as sweet in it...
Squirmy worm managed to get her feet out from under the gown!
Doll face...
So sweet...
I could just eat her up!!
Sonja came up to visit on Friday.  She took some pictures of Little Miss take as well.  She gave her this adorable diaper cover to wear during her photo shoot...
Gotta love a monogrammed bum!!  Oh my goodness, there are some A.DOR.ABLE. pictures from that day.  But I can't share those just yet!  Soon... :-)

I pulled the camera out again that night and took pictures of my girl in another one of favorites of Crosby's sweet gowns.  She looks so much like her brother in this picture...
I think they have the same mouth and chin...
I am pretty sure it is not the smile...
Heavens to Betsy!!!  Where did this new smile come from???
He has been doing this A LOT lately and I am not sure what to do about it!  I think he has forgotten how to do a normal smile.  Poor thing looks like a chipmunk...
I mean, really???
He is the most adorable boy I have ever laid eyes on.  But this smile just doesn't do him justice!  If you know any tricks to correct this, do share!!!  For now, I will just have to cringe over all pictures I suppose!
We had pictures taken with a photographer on Saturday.  I am just praying there is at least ONE without the chipmunk smile.  We shall see...

Jane Claire had her second appointment with Dr. Patton today.  Because her bilirubin level was a little high last week, I was eager to see how much weight she gained.  I knew that weight gain would mean she was eating well enough to help flush her system of excess bilirubin.  Over the course of the week, I really tried to make sure she was eating every 2-3 hours during the day and 3-4 hours at night.  She had also been pooping like a champ, which was also an encouraging sign!  They weighed her right off the bat and the results were great.  She was up to 7 pounds, 6 ounces and 20 inches long!  Dr. Patton was quite pleased.  He even asked me when we noticed her improved skin coloring.  Of course, seeing her every day, I wasn't sure if she looked less jaundiced or not.  Apparently she does! It was just the two of us since Crosby was at school and Blake was at work.  These are the only pictures we got from her 2 week appointment...
Snuggle time with my naked baby...
We rounded out the day with 2 week pictures...
She is still all balled up like a tiny babe.  I just love a tiny babe...
I have been blessed with 2 of the sweetest, most precious babes...

No comments: