Monday, April 9, 2012

Mondays with Crosby and Jane Claire

At 11:24 am, Crosby Fox turned 3 years and 15 weeks old!!!  At 1:03 pm, Jane Claire turned 1 week old!!!  What a crazy, but fun week it has been!  Boy am I going to have to get used to this waking up at all hours of the night business!  Of course I knew it was coming.  But nothing can really prepare you for it.  Especially taking a half a tablet of Ambien every night for months to help turn the brain off for sleepy time!  ;-)  At least I have a precious face staring back at me during late night hours.  And at least she seems to go back to sleep easily.  I will take that as long as it lasts!

On Friday we took Little Miss in for a checkup.  She was pretty orange by the end of the week so I wanted to get her checked out to be safe.  When we left the hospital, Jane Claire was down to 6 pounds 8 ounces.  She was back up to 6 pounds 10 ounces so that is progress in the right direction.  Her bilirubin levels were a 16, which is a little on the high side.  No intervention was recommended at this time other than feed, feed, feed the baby and sunlight.  Oh dear.  The feed, feed, feed part is brutal.  Why is it that something so natural is so incredibly painful?!?!?  Or why do I have children with a terrible latch?  Yikes...  She checked out good otherwise.  They let her leave with us so we must be doing something right!  

I am sooooo glad our little girl was here with us for Easter.  The bunny made a last minute trip to the store because he/she was not prepared!!  Oops!!  It all worked out.  Unfortunately, I am not quite up to par with my picture taking at this point.  This is the lone picture of Crosby and Jane Claire with their baskets. Yes, she is in the picture... :-/


We all managed to get dressed, fed and to church for Easter service, maybe a few minutes late.  I thought that was pretty good seeing how we had a 6 day old baby!!!  I dropped Blake and Crosby off for second service.  Jane Claire and I hopped in the car with Justin and Katie, who had been at first service, and headed to Justin and Katie's house.  (not quite ready to have a little baby in church just yet!) We decided before Jane Claire was born that we would gather with the Lipscomb crew for lunch, pregnant or not.  Harper was ready for the day...   
Crosby and Jane Claire...
The cousins...
Pop and Jane Claire, Gee and Harper.  I would say they are pretty excited about their new granddaughters...
Justin, Katie and Harper...
After lunch and a little visit time, we loaded the car up and headed to Anne Claire and Jeremy's house to see the Malone Crew.

We had to take a picture of the big kids in their Easter clothes.  Of course, Lulu made Crosby's and Charlotte's sweet clothes (and Malone's and Jane Claire's)...

An attempt at a family picture...
Crosby and Jane Claire...

He doesn't quite get the holding Jane Claire business yet.  Thank goodness Lulu had her hand under Baby girl's head.  Crosby sure did decide he was done and promptly got up without letting anyone know first!  Oh dear...  I guess he was excited about the egg hunt!

And they are off!!!
So funny how they see and egg in the distance and pass 12 eggs to get the first one they saw!!!  

So excited to find eggs this year...
Still hunting...
Jason with Jane Claire.  So sweet...
GranBuddy and Lulu with Jane Claire...
"Look at my EGGS!!!"
Sweet Sam...
Precious Malone...
Blake and Sam playing soccer in the yard.  Check out Sam's goal keeper gloves!!  Love it...
Sweet Gid with his Easter goodies...
Crosby sitting by his basket...
We had such a fun Easter Sunday.  There were plans to attend the egg hunt at church but we just didn't make it in time.  They were done and eating by the time we pulled into the parking lot.  We were stuffed from lunch so we just headed home.  It was probably best because Crosby was asleep before we left the parking lot!!  I was ready to do the same thing.  But, I had a babe to feed!  

I can't believe sweet Jane Claire is already 1 week old!  My goodness.  This is going to slower than it did with Crosby.  I am pretty sure it is already going faster.  I am going to try to take a picture of her each Monday so we can watch her grow.  Of course I will have to take perspective pictures each month like I did with Crosby.  I am sure month one's round of pictures will be here before I know it!  Once again, oh dear...

Jane Claire at 1 week...
The tiny, little thing was all balled up in full flexion!
How to decide which picture of my little, orange pumpkin to use?!?
So we survived the first week with 2 kiddos!  Jane Claire just seems to eat and sleep at this point.  She can sleep anywhere and with anything going on the the background!  I am sure that won't last too much longer. Crosby has been a GREAT big brother.  His favorite part of his little sister is her "soft hair"!  He wants to rub her on top of her head all the time!  So cute.  I have enjoyed having Blake home since she was born but he headed in to work for a few hours today.  We survived that, too! (with a little help from friends!)  He is off tomorrow (usually is) but will be back to his regular schedule on Wednesday.  Sigh...  I guess I better figure out this mom of 2 business pretty quick!!!

No comments: