Monday, January 23, 2012

Mondays with Crosby

At 11:24 am, Crosby Fox turned 3 years and 4 weeks old!!!  I am glad to report this has been an injury free week!  Well, I am sure there have been bumps and bruises along the way but nothing like last week!  Although we have had our share of items knocked off the wall thanks to soccer balls being blasted through rooms and "pretend falls" in the hallway.  Oddly enough, Crosby is not the reason for all of the above.  His oversized, child-like father is to blame.  I watched him do the same in his mother's house all through high school and am not sure why I am surprised.  I guess I thought he had outgrown such behavior.  Nope.  Not at all.  Quite the opposite in fact.  Rather than recalling his mother's constant pleads to take it out doors, he has found it necessary to pass his rowdiness down to the next generation.   And it seems the best time to engage in such activity is en route to bed!!!!  have been told I might as well get used it because it appears somethings are just never going to change!

Baby Girl and I are now at 28 weeks!  It is one of the big milestones so we are more than happy to be here.  Womb life still appears to be stable.  Friday's fetal fibrinectin test came back negative, which is what we were hoping to hear.  Technically, that means I won't go into labor in the next two weeks.  If that is the case (and I think it will be), it puts us right at 30 weeks.  Boy am I ready for the 30's!!  I actually have my eyes set on March 26th...37 weeks.  That is when she will be considered full term.  I would have no qualms with getting up on the 25th in an attempt to get things moving!

This week Crosby gets to share the limelight with two baby girls.  He was able to meet his sweet cousin, Harper Jean this week!!!  Justin and Katie welcomed the newest member to the Lipscomb family on Wednesday, January 18th at 10:52 am.  We took a little trip to Baptist that evening so we could meet Little Miss...
For the first time in his life, Crosby was shy when we entered the room.  Several of our friends were there visiting with the new family of three.  For some reason, Crosby was a little intimidated.  Hence the face in Blake's chest above!  Fear not.  It lasted all of 3 minutes.  All I had to do was ask if he wanted to hold her.  He was alllll about holding Miss Harper.  Justin and Katie were kind enough to let her be our guinea pig!  Luckily, the wild man did pretty good!  There is hope that he will be gentle with Baby Sister...
Of course I mentioned wanting to visit Harper with Dr. B.  (Katie uses him as well...)  I can't say that he exactly knew I was going when I went.  But, we left things with playing it by ear based on how I was feeling. I was feeling good! And I figured, if I was going to go into labor that night, I was in the best place to do it!  Fortunately, that was not an issue.  We got to have a nice little visit before heading back to the holding cell...I mean house. ;-)  

We are so very thankful Harper's got here safely and is so healthy.  It is going to be so much fun watching these cousins get to know each other.  And of course we are hoping to make our final contribution when the Good Lord says it is time!  Hopefully He has a little more baking time in mind!!  

No comments: