Monday, January 16, 2012

Mondays with Crosby

At 11:24 am, Crosby Fox turned 3 years and 3 weeks old!!!  His baby sister is now at 27 weeks in the womb!  Sister is safely tucked away.  Meanwhile, the big boy took a knock to the face on Friday night.  I guess it is part of being a boy.  Daddy/son chase time leads to son tripping over his own two feet (we are hoping his coordination improves...;-) ) and landing near eye first on the corner of the magazine rack!  The son's response was as pitiful as you can imagine.  Fortunately, the Daddy was still able to scoop him up and soothe his broken soul.  Of course, preggo was about to fall apart and go into labor all at once.  "Blake can handle this...Crosby does not need you to hold him...Blake is perfectly capable of comforting Crosby just as well as you can...But, nobody can comfort him like his mama. He neeeeeds me!!!  Step back mother hen and let Blake be his hero right now..." Can you tell it took every ounce of energy I had to sit on my tush?  Did I mention it gave me a nose bleed?!?  It is probably just one of the lovely side effects of being with child. But the timing sure was ironic, no?

I just knew his eye would be black and blue after that hard knock.  So I thought it would be a good idea to document his first black eye!  This is him 30 minutes or so after the initial blow...  (the picture above is too)
And don't judge me over the Bubba.  Yes.  He is 3 and still sleeps with a Bubba.  Yes.  I should have taken it away 2 years ago.  I didn't.  My guess, he won't go to college with it.  And he is not seen in public with it.  We ran it by Dr. P and he agreed it is not the time to be fooling with Bubba removal.  So Crosby wins!  And I get to enjoy all of the sweet loving he gives as soon as you pop that bad boy into his mouth!  Okay.  Back to the eye...:)  Day 2...
Not too bad!?!  Where is the black I was anticipating?  Surely it will be black tomorrow...
Yea...nope!  It ain't turning black!  How disappointing.  I mean, if you are going to whack your face on a magazine I think you should get the shiner to show for it!   He looks proud of his wound on Day 3, regardless...
And Day 4...
The best we got was a little, yellowish, green discoloration and a couple of scabs...
What can you do?  We talked the black eye up but it never happened!  Something tells me there will be more bumps and bruises in our future.  I pray they are all as minor as this one.  I seriously don't think I could handle much more.  Oh how it broke my heart to see my little man screaming his head off after this   injury!  I have already tried to ban Daddy/son chase time with absolutely no luck.  Crosby would never go for it.  He LOVES playing with his Daddy.  The first words out of his mouth when Blake comes home are, "You better ruuuuuunnnn!!!!"  Maybe we can just remove all furniture and pad the walls and floor!  

As for Baby Sister...the fetal fibrinectin goes, we are good through tomorrow (Tuesday).  I will have another test on Friday that should let us know about the next 2 weeks.  No ultrasound.  As of Friday, she was 2.2 lbs and looking good.  The ole cervix was still in a safe range but I am not even really worried about those numbers an more.  I am having minimal contraction activity.  Probably what the average pregnant gal experiences.  And I am still on a super low dose of barely any meds.  There is a lot more that can be done if things start to go haywire.  How nice it feels to be pregnant and relatively calm!  

And here is the most recent picture of the little lady...

I thought this was such a clear picture.  They took three 4-D pictures and she looks like a different baby in each one!  So who knows if this is really what she will look like!   We will know soon enough.  For now, this will just have to do.  I am fine with that!

And, she remains nameless.  Not because I haven't thought of names.  Somebody, whose name I will not mention, is not really into discussing names just yet!  The best I can get is "fine" as a descriptor for each name I throw out.  I am pretty sure this anonymous person and I have a million conversations (like, since we were 15...) about how the word "fine" is not an acceptable way to describe anything in this household.  My clothes.  My hair.  My cooking.  A child's name.  You get the idea!  So, until I can get a response that is better than the one that makes my skin crawl, Baby Girl/Sister she is!  It seriously could be after she is born...

Sigh...

No comments: