Monday, January 2, 2012

Mondays with Crosby

At 11:24 am, Crosby Fox turned 3 years and 1 week old!!!  Although Thursday was less than a week ago.  I cannot abandon my opening sentence so I will just have to go with it!

My baby is 3.  It is hard to believe that it has been three whole years since that blessed day he was born.  Yet in someways, it feels like we have known this little fella forever.  To try to describe in words the depth of my love for Crosby Fox is pointless.  There are no words that do it justice.

To miss the celebration of his birth was a hard pill to swallow.  I had hoped that a stretch of really good numbers with allow me to attend his party.  Wouldn't you know, my numbers were the lowest they have ever been this entire pregnancy on Wednesday.  Just in time for his party.  And to top that off, I wasn't even feeling many contractions.  It had been a "good" week.  Sigh.  For bad numbers.  And for missing my little love's party.

But the show must go on.  And on it went!  I was on top of it this year.  Knowing that I was pregnant and would likely be on bed rest, I jumped at the offer to book a half price birthday party at Monkey Joes. While having a party here would allow me to attend for sure, I knew it would be way to stressful.  Having a party there would ensure the birthday boy would have a blast and would cause little or no stress on me. Or should I say Blake!  They do most of the work for you.  All you have you have to do is show up.  And, pay, of course.  They even give you invitations to send out.  And I told myself I would send them out.  I would NOT order any cute ones...   But I needed an idea for a cake.  And Crosby needed a shirt to match the cake.  And I am good at breaking my own rules.  Oh, I did it.  I ordered them and I am so glad I did.  It made me feel like I was doing something to put a special touch on his birthday.  You have to admit the picture above is pretty cute...

So here he comes.  The VERY excited birthday boy...
Since it was his birthday, he got to use a few quarters on the machines out front...
Like this one!  I take it he was a fan...
And there is no doubt he had fun on the "jump jumps"...
Crawling in and out...
My boys.  I have to give Blake major props.  From what I hear, he ran around the whole time making sure he got all the pictures I had written down on a last minute list.  He did such a good job.  I think the tears that started falling down my face when they were headed out the door had something to do with him working so hard.  Gotta love him...
Anybody seen the pizza???
Party crowd from one end of the table...
And from the other!  Wait...where is the birthday boy???
Oh.  Here there he is!  He still loves singing the happy birthday song.  Here lately, we have been a lighting candle, singing the birthday song someone in the room, and blowing the candle out!  So silly! Little does he know I agreed to this game because I was secretly working on his ability to blow out a candle!  Too bad it didn't help!  Anyway, can you tell he was so excited to sing the song???
And then he tried to blow out the candles...
But I am afraid he just managed to spit all over the cake instead!!  Sorry friends...
Crosby got a surprise visit from Monkey Joe himself!  I am surprised he went to him so willingly but apparently he did.  Maybe it is because he is 3?!?
Blake got all of the kiddos to line up for a group shot.  Would you just look at those sweet things.  I was told that Margaret wormed her way right up next to the birthday boy! The thought if it melts my heart...
I requested he wait until he was home to open his gifts so I could partake in the excitement.  And I figure it would be to chaotic with all the little ones pictured above!  I don't think he even noticed.  He just wanted to get back out to the jump, jumps!  He was very excited about them once he got home.  He probably sat in this spot 5 minutes with me telling him to wait for one reason or another.  Believe it or not, he did!  Minus the fact that he pulled white tissue paper out of one bag and returned it about 50 times before he was finally given the green light to dive in...
Nugs had to get in the middle of the fun too!
Crosby standing in front of his birthday banner, which hung on the door for his big day!
There is one picture of me from the big day.  Yep.  Crosby took it.  And it is about the only way I will allow myself to be seen on here these days.  I will just say baby girls are rough on me and leave it at that...

Now if I can figure out how to get a video from the Flip to the MAC to the blog...  Will keep trying!

As for Baby Girl...
We are officially at 25 weeks!!!  And wouldn't you know, my numbers were back to normal on Friday.  (after the party was over...)  I am pretty sure it is safe to say I have the most dynamic cervix on the planet!  If he didn't know I knew what I had seen on Wednesday, Dr. C would have written me off as a looney bin when I told him how drastically my measurements changed in a 48 hour period.  He has no explanation.  I am still a bit of a medical mystery, with no rhyme or reason for the insanity.  I wasn't really even having many contractions.  Who knows.  Since Friday, I have given up my attempts to figure it out.  Thankfully that leaves me in a mentally good spot.  Now, that could all change tomorrow based on my appointment!  But for now, I will take the sanity while I have it.  Thankfully, Little Miss seems to be content kicking around in utero.  We are just aiming for 9 or 10 more weeks.  11 or 12 would be good too but I don't want to be too greedy...



No comments: