Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Mondays with Crosby


 At 11:24 am, Crosby Fox turned 2 years and 44 weeks old!!!  Unfortunately, this Monday didn't go as planned.  Somebody was out of sorts.  The ever so difficult trip to school went from much better to way worse.  Somebody gagged on a raw carrot at the end of school and upchucked all over his clothes.  Someone was whiney ALL afternoon.  Somebody refused to put on his Halloween costume and go trick or treating around the neighborhood, even for Lulu and GranBuddy!  Something just wasn't right...  Good thing we had several opportunities to dress up BEFORE Halloween!

Friday was the "Pretend Parade" at school.  Thanks to Sonja, we had 2 costumes to choose from.  A sweet, soft cuddly lion and a scratchy, creepy, crawly...BUG!  You can guess which one was my favorite and which one was his!  I pushed for the lion but he was dead set on the "beetle", as he called it.   So I made a compromise, beetle for school.  Lion for Halloween!  When were were getting dressed for school on Friday, he said, "My beetle legs are cold!!"  Hilarious.  I used that in my favor, telling him his beetle legs would be much colder at trunk or treat!  Worked like a charm.  Anyway, as you can see, the beetle was pretty stinkin' cute...
There was some sort of parade at school.  I have every intention of being there to watch and photography the cutest bug in town.  After our best drop off ever (only cried once we reached his hallway.  I think wearing the bug distracted him!!), I decided it might make him upset if he saw me during the parade.  So I had a friend snap some pictures for me.  Kind of bummed but I didn't want him to meltdown and ruin the parade for the other kiddos.  So, I have no idea what these are of! 

Crosby with Miss Lisa...
The little beetle appears to be sitting down nicely!
 I am going with "Singing Beetle"...
 Staring beetle???
It really was a cute costume!  But could he look bad in anything?  I think not!  I did get him to wear it to Animalia for a few minutes after school today.  So I guess I have to give him a little dress up credit for today!  It went downhill from there.

Anyway, Otter Creek had it's annual Trunk or Treat on Sunday.  It is always fun to see our little friends dressed up.  We ran into Lucas the Puppy right off the bat...
 Then we found the rest of the gang gathered at the turn. We HAD to get at group picture for sure.  Left to right: Annie (in a backpack carrier thingamajiggy), Dean, Addy, Leighton, Charlotte, Crosby, Mason, Maggie and Milly (in the stroller)...
 The big kiddos up closer...
 Loving...
 his...
 lion...
 Loot!!!
I think he would sit for pictures for hours as long as he has candy in his mouth!

 Cousin lovin'!!!  Crazy to think Baby Malone will be joining us NEXT WEEK!! Cannot wait!!!
 My precious lion picture.  The color version!
 And the family...
Sorry for the delayed post!  Rough night.  Finished just in time to take the little lion to the doctor!  Should be fun...

1 comment:

Sonja said...

I'm so glad our costumes have been put to use again! I must say the lion is to die for :)