Monday, November 28, 2011

Mondays with Crosby

 At 11:24 am, Crosby Fox turned 2 years and 48 weeks old!!!  And. yes, I know that was a week ago now.  Yes, I know I am super behind.  At least I have a good excuse!  Well, I don't know that it is good but it is an excuse, nonetheless.  I was crabby on Monday.  My uterus (who really needs a name of her own at this point...something ornery) was being rowdy, the hubs was out of town and I was too preoccupied mentally to write anything!  It didn't help that I only had a handful of random and less than exciting pictures to post!  My plan was to post the next day after my appointment, but then chaos happened.  More on that in the next post!  Back to THIS Monday...

On Tuesday night, Gee Gee, Pop, Justin, Katie and, of course, Baby Harper, came over to our place for Thanksgiving dinner.  We decided to meet a little early since Justin and Katie would be heading to Marietta to be with the Tenery crew on Thanksgiving day.  Ornery uterus had been on her best behavior and I was excited to spend time with the family.  Unfortunately, I only took pictures AFTER the meal.  And only a few then.  What can you do???

Crosby with Uncle Justin...
Aunt Katie (and Baby Harper), Crosby and Justin...
We got the family cradle out of the attic for Justin and Katie to use when little bit arrives.  Wouldn't you know our BIG bit had to climb back in.  I am pretty sure my parents have a picture of me doing the same thing when I was Crosby's age!  I need to get my hands on that...
He thought he was pretty cool!
Crosby with Gee Gee and Pop.  Not sure why it is so hard to get both of my parents smiling at the same time but this is the best we got!
And we managed to get one of our little family...
We had a delicious meal and a great time with the Lipscomb crew.  Crosby headed to Columbia with my parents that night and made his way back home when Blake got off work the following day.  That took care of Wednesday!  Then it was time for Thanksgiving day.  Dr. B really hesitated when I asked about riding to Columbia for lunch.  In the end, he agreed that it should be okay as long as I was feeling good.  Because things had been quiet for several days in a row, I felt comfortable riding down for a visit on the Malone's couch!

First things first for Mr. Cros.  He was so excited to get to drive GranBuddy's tractor...
He loves the Kubota!!  It makes GranBuddy even cooler in Crosby's eyes.  It is the first thing he asks for when we go down there!  "Wanna ride the tractor???"
Lucy managed to snap a few pictures of the Thanksgiving meal.  This table was supposed to be for Sam and Gid.  Buuuuut, somehow Crosby landed in Sam's seat!
Sam was a trooper and share the tiny table with Miss Charlotte.  Poor guy could barely fit his long legs under the table.  Such cousin love!
And here is proof that the rest of the family was there...
It is hard to take pictures when you are horizontal most of the day!  Kinda makes me sad.  I hate to miss an opportunity to document the little man's life.  But, as I have stated, what can you do?? I am just thankful for the pictures I have!!

GranBuddy, Blake and Jason had a golf trip to Scottsdale, AZ planned for the Sunday after Thanksgiving.  We weren't sure if Blake would be able to make the trip based on the current situation.  But, I had such a great week and felt comfortable with him proceeding with the plans.  Not to mention I had a friend staying with us the entire time he was gone!  What a blessing and perfect timing!  Too bad the ole uterus caught wind of the fact he was leaving and started back to her old ways. Sigh.  I was really hoping a little early onset uterine dementia this go round.  Apparently she is as sharp as a tack when it comes to being difficult!  Somethings never change I guess!  At least it was a happy and calm Thanksgiving!

I will be on time tomorrow.  I promise. And will have a few more interesting pictures to share of my precious boy.  And maybe a tiny girl... ;-)

No comments: