Monday, January 10, 2011

Mondays with Crosby


At 11:24 am, Crosby Fox turned 2 years and 2 weeks old!!! Not really. But you know what I mean! This week was birthday party week. It is likely that Crosby and I have eaten our weight in birthday cake this week. You might even be able to add the weight of a small child onto my consumption total! The way I see it, we get it all over with in one weeks time! We will eat very little birthday cake until December of 2011. So that makes it okay, right? To top that off, I have decided it will be best for me to quit the Y. I can't seem to make it and it is silly to make monthly donations. Maybe we will resume this summer. But for now, I will keep that money in my pocket and allow it to add to the bulk in the ole thighs! Oh dear, I am really on a tangent.

Crosby. Ahh, yes. My TWO year old babe. For old times sake, I took 2 year perspective pictures...

Crosby and his bear in his chair...
I didn't think I was going to get Crosby and his bear after this...
But...Crosby and his bear! And Nugget...
Big feet, little feet...
Big hand little, little hand. It makes me so sad that the dimples on the back of his hands have all but disappeared. Sigh...
Mug shot...
I had a hard time picking my favorite...
He was being quite the ham...
Well, minus this one. But it was pretty funny to see Nugget's head near the spot Crosby's should have been!!!
Mr. Serious returns...
And I know these are traditional "perspective pictures" but I couldn't dare leave them out.

Crosby in his chair, reading to his bear...
Sweet thing...
Man I could eat this boy UP!!!
On to last week. I have to start with last Monday because I didn't really mention this way back then. Crosby had his 2 year appointment with Dr. P. He got a clean bill of health. Still 90th percentile in height. Only 30th ish for weight, weighing in at 28 pounds. For what it is worth, he feels like a load of bricks when I pick him up these days! Poor little man had to get 2 shots in his left thigh and he was NONE to pleased about it. Broke my heart in two! Here he is, totally oblivious that he is about to be held down and stuck with needles...
Good thing we had something to look forward to afterward!!! Mason's 2nd birthday party!!!
These birthday buddies are just a few hours apart! Miss Mason was born a few hours after Crosby! He was thrilled to help her celebrate turning TWO! From the looks of this face, it appears he forgot about the trauma from the hour before...
Kristen had the cutest decorations for the party. I tried to get a picture of my little snowman. This is as good as it got...
The picture with Dean and Lucas was probably a little worse! We try...
No doubt, the group picture was horrific!
Crosby was too concerned about returning to fire duty...
At least we got on of our little superstar, Charlotte...
And if for some reason you don't know why she is a super star, take a look at her here! She has only been on The O'Riley Factor, Kathie Lee and Hoda, and Inside Edition just to name a few!

We had a birthday party break Tuesday through Friday. But the fun picked back up on Saturday when we celebrated with John Christopher, his family and friends...
Somebody MAY have sneaked in a bite of icing!! :)
The train theme was a huge hit with the kiddos...
Minus a few meltdowns when slide sharing was not preferred...
"But Mommy, I want to have the slide to myself!!!"
"Clinging to Mommy's leg will not get you what you want, Love Muffin!!"
Thankfully he pulled it together and resumed play with Parker...
Then on Sunday, we celebrated Sweet Margaret's birthday. Her party was actually on her big day! She had the CUTEST farm themed party you have ever seen. "Ole Miss Moo is turning TWO. E-I-E-I-OOOO!!!" She looked like a cutie patootie with those pigtails...
Too bad I didn't get a picture of the cake before it was cut. It was precious...(the line is back???)

Just adorable, the decor...
Imagine this...Crosby ate cake from a Cozy Coupe...
And be glad we don't have to imagine this any more, we got to sneak in another peek at sweet Baby Wells. Oh my goodness this boy is beautiful...
I tried to get one of Crosby with the birthday girl. He didn't really cooperate at first...
Then he got all bashful...
Getting closer...
The birthday girl...
Yep. This is the best we are going to get. Reminds me a lot of their picture from last year. Couldn't get them to look at me then either!
And that brings us to this Monday. Ah yes. National Championship Monday. Somebody got dressed up for the occasion...
Yes, he looks like WAY too big of a boy for my liking. But I had to do it for his father's sake!
He may have looked more like a 4 year old but he sure was a stinkin' cute 4 year old! One that has finally mastered, "War Eagle! Hey!" Rather than just "Hey!" We are proud of our little Auburn fan that doesn't really know he is an Auburn fan! He will understand the magnitude of this love for Auburn football soon enough! After all, his team is the NATIONAL CHAMPION!!!! WAR EAGLE!!! :)

1 comment:

Jill Fields said...

TWO is TOO big!!!

But, yes, he sure is cute and could be eaten up by any number of us! So glad ya'll had a week of wonderful celebrations!