Monday, December 21, 2009

Mondays with Crosby

At 11:24 am, Crosby Fox turned 51 weeks old!!! Someone please tell me I am dreaming. There can't be one more week left in his first year of life. I might have to give in to my addiction and by a Mt. Dew a day to get through the next week or so. I don't think I can take my tiny baby turning 52/52 weeks old... This is really going to mess up my weekly posts!!!

We have been super busy this week. At this point, it is kind of all a blur. Thank goodness I did manage to pull out the camera here and there. I was able to jog my memory a bit anyway!

We celebrated my mother's birthday on Wednesday. She and my dad came up for dinner and ice cream cake! Of course we all know the main reason for the visit was to see Crosby!! Can you blame them?? :)

Grammie and Cros...
Gammie and Pop Pop with Cros...

Crosby had his first visit to...
Yep, you got it...the bowling alley! Weren't expecting that one were you? I was convinced it wasn't a good idea with a one year old...that likes to CRAWL. I kind of get grossed out just thinking about it again. I had to take one for the team and give in. Let's just say I put the anti-bacterial hand wipes to good use!!! We celebrated Christmas with the crew from Harpeth Valley and Strike and Spare. I am pleased to say I did get at lease one strike and a couple of spares! And that was after I caused further damage to my right shoulder from lugging the not so little one around all the time. I need an ortho therapist something awful right about now...
Happy as a lark at the lanes...
There were 3 babies from HVAH that were born around the same time. Colten, the big fella on the right was born December 21 - the night of the Christmas party last year. Interestingly enough, it was also his due date. I, on the other had, technically should not have been at the party but went for and hour or so. I was WORN SLAP OUT afterwards! Oh how I remember my back aching and barely making it to the car... Back to the present... Where was I? Crosby was next, arriving on the 29th. Then there is dainty Miss Emma who was born on the 4th. Which happened to be the same day Crosby went home from the NICU!! That meant both full time docs were out due to babies being born! Thank goodness they have backup plans "just in case" that happened! Anyway, here they are, happy and healthy, nearly one year later!!!

Loving to drink water from a straw...
We had lunch at 5 Guys with the Malone's after church. Crosby waited patiently for everyone to arrive...
Crosby and I spent the day running around. We were out the door as soon as he finished breakfast. I forgot about mine! We came home around 10:00 so he could take a late, morning nap. 3+ hours later (very unusual but we'll take it), we were out the door again! I was feeling pretty good about all I was accomplishing. That is until Blake came home sick!!! You know it isn't good when Blake leaves work early. Mainly because he has literally never called in sick! This was a first. So...it was me and Cros tonight. Fortunately for me, he was in a fabulous mood. We had friends set to come over for dinner but we scratched that plan. Crosby and I ended up eating black bean quesadillas all by ourselves. We had fun though...
The bell peppers kept slipping through his fingers...
So he tried to lick them off his tray!

Then he put a way over half of an 8 inch quesadilla!!! And spoonfuls of guacamole...
He was quite a mess...

But such a cute mess!!!





He was a LOUD mess! I have a video of him eating. Goodness gracious is all I will say about that. Maybe I can post it soon!
And I am SOOOOO excited about these...

The card season started out dreadfully slow. I was beginning to think I had been cut of from lots of lists! You know, with the economy and all! But friends and family have pulled through in the end!!! I think I had 10 cards when I went to the mail box today. It thrilled my soul!!!
Seeing that it is now 1:08 on TUESDAY morning, I had better wrap this up. Too bad I have to camp out on the couch tonight. I can't risk sleeping next to that sick husband of mine! Somebody has to be well to take care of the little one! And the big one, for that matter!!!! The extra bed has ALL of our draperies from downstairs laying across it so I can't sleep there. I had to take them all down tonight because we are having our trim painted in the morning. Oh, wait, it is morning!! I am sure I will be thrilled to have the painters show up and the crack of dawn...

4 comments:

Ashlee said...

Where did you get that Christmas card hanger? I LOVE my cards too and would love to put them up. I guess if I find one I will have to save it for next year:)

Anonymous said...

Yay Colten made your blog!! I feel like a celebrity. I had a blast with the kids at the bowling alley. I can't wait for their joint birthday parties next week. Take care and we will see you soon.
Love The DeMoss'

Anonymous said...

I loved the picture of them too Jennifer! I can't believe how much Emma looks like Taylor now! I also can't wait for their birthday party!! Yay : )
Oh, and I love the many faces of Crosby with quesadilla!! Haha

Bree

Jill Fields said...

What a good little eater! And I don't beleive you one bit that he is LOUD! :)