Monday, December 7, 2009

Mondays with Crosby

At 11:24 am, Crosby Fox turned 49 weeks old!!! Heavens to Betsy...we are almost to 50/52!!! Somebody pinch me and tell my I am dreaming. This tiny, barely premature, but premature nonetheless baby cannot be approaching 52/52!!! I mean seriously. He is going to be 18 soon. And you think I am exaggerating. But I am not. This year has be the equivalent to a blink of the eye. I can't take this. You know there is a major problem when your eyes start watering simply because the head of "Baby Jesus" in the Christ Church Christmas Musical looks just like Crosby's did almost a year ago. I think I am going to be a sloppy mess come December 29th...

Just a warning...this might be the roughest batch of pictures I have put together on a Monday. Please forgive me. Thank goodness Moriah saved the day by taking several cute shots of Crosby at the Otter Creek Family Christmas Breakfast!!

It is almost silly that we even went. It started at 9:00am, which is right when Crosby is ready to take his first nap. Then there is the fact that Blake had to work so it was just the two of us. The building isn't really stroller friendly so that meant me lugging the not so little one and his bags from floor to floor. But I didn't want him to miss out soooo off we went. Let me say it is hard to eat yourself and feed a 49/52 week old babe who is sitting in your lap. We were at the end of the serving line so we only had about 15 minutes to inhale our food. To make matters worse, Crosby managed to grab his cup of water and dump it all over his lap and mine! We spent a portion of our 15 minutes trying to clean up our mess! After eating, we went upstairs to have our picture with Santa. Due to the fact that we were 2 of the last people in our group to leave breakfast, we were also at the end of the line for Santa! He was wearing down by the time we made to front of the line. The poor baby looks cute but exhausted!!!
We headed down to make a Christmas ornament after pictures. There was no way I could sit Mr. Busy Body down to put the snowman together. I had to grab a kit and make it once we got home. There was a live Nativity right outside the door, which was just adorable. There was an alpaca, a sheep, a donkey, a goat...and a few other things that I don't really recall. Of course I wanted picture of him with them. But you can't exactly sit him on a donkey's back and tell him to be still. I was too scared to sit him by the animals because they just might have found him tasty!!! Thanks to Laura, we got one standing near the donkey! What can you do??? I tried!

The Children's Ministry did an amazing job organizing a wonderful day of fun and fellowship for the OC families. I just hope Blake can go next year!!!!!
Then there was church on Sunday. We have Birthday Sunday on the first Sunday of every month. All the children who were born that month have their name called and get to go on stage. Crosby Fox was the first one called. I tried not to be "that parent" but I gave in and was "that parent". I tried to take a picture quickly, focusing on one of the guys in the youth group rather than my husband and son! At least you get the idea...
We tried for a family picture after church. That was another fail! I must have turned the camera on manual and the setting were clearly all off! Just squint and it looks less blurry...

On a very different note...I am thrilled to say the logs that have been sitting in our fireplace since we bought the house have been burned!!!!
I am pumped that we finally had our chimney sweeped and can actually use the fireplace! Crosby went to bed too early to enjoy the fire. But he will get to experience it soon! VERY CAREFULLY and with LOTS of supervision, of course!!!
Let me just say how much I have LOVED reading all the comments from the last post!! I haven't seen that many posts since the day he was born. I am pretty sure there should have been more. Unless my parents and in-laws and lots of the now 46 faith followers have tuned us out! Even the starters of the blog who I know have google reader slacked on me!! I won't list any names like Ashlee was kind enough to do for me. There will be no"wall of shame", even though there should be. I will just have to say a big "Bah Humbug" to all the non participants!!! If you feel guilty, it is never to late... ;)
Rachel...I didn't know you were a follower! How fun is that?!? I keep up with you on Facebook, of course!
N.K.L....you didn't have the "L" for the original post. I am thrilled to FINALLY add that to the end of your name!! Much love to the newlyweds from the Malones!!!!
Creepy female GradStudent Stalker from the North...I am totally flattered and am not creeped out in any way!
Mrs. Pevadiva...I am so glad you get to keep up with me. Now...if you would just update your blog, I could keep up with you!!! Novel idea!!! Thank goodness your MIL and SIL are on
Facebook and update me with pictures of E and K all the time. :) But you have a full plate AND you commented so you get an award...of some sort...
Heather...any friend of Shellie (who may or may not have participated ;)) is precious to me! Thank you for praying for us and for that sweet boy of hers!
Because I'm the mom...I am confused!! You babysat Kelly?? I am thinking you look our age?! Oh, you must clarify this for me...
Lizzie...you get most random HANDS DOWN!!! I am completely flattered and sort of feel like a celebrity...sort of. I mean, I had a follower (who may or may not have participated ;))stop me at at game. Now someone across the ocean! Let me just say I would LOVE to cross paths with you one of these years.
Emily...Haley is a blast from the past for sure! So glad you said hello! Please share any tips/ideas/tricks you have. I think it is so helpful to hear what others with kiddos Crosby's age are doing! It has been a while since I checked on little Grey. I was shocked to see how big he is now! What a miracle that little boy is!!! Oh, and I don't plan on going anywhere any time soon! I am not afraid of Faithful Followers. I don't really consider anyone a stalker. It is all in jest! :)
Angie...every time I am late, like tonight, I think of you!! Sorry...
Sonja...thank you for bringing up my weakness, causing me to purchase a Snicker bar and eat it that very day...
Thanks for having a little fun with me. I have always wondered who really takes the time to read up on our little family. It is an honor to know that so many friends and even total strangers have followed us, prayed for us and loved us over the past 2 years! What a blessing to "know" who you are!

8 comments:

Shellie Salza said...

What a joy this Christmas will be! It'a already been so much more fun for us than Christmas the last few years. I can't believe you already have a birthday to celebrate...sigh. I guess we'll be following suit on that one soon too! We're heading your way soon! I'll email details!

ben wilkins said...

Awesome Santa pics Danielle!

stance. said...

hey i figured out which picture i think looks like blake: it's the last picture where crosby has just eaten banana pudding. i don't know what it is but he looks like his dad in that one to me.

Hattons Photography said...

ok, I guess I was confused about the whole fess up to reading someone's blog that you don't know thing? You know that I am a faithful reader of the Malone blog so why did I need to expose myself? I guess I am just going to blame this one on the baby brain... Anyway, you know i am a faithful stalker of the Malones. I mean ,hello, i practically lived at your lovely trailer in Auburn for a year or so and then had my same room transplanted to Nashville! You know I love you guys and you will always be my favorite family and favorite blog to read!

Melissa said...

OKAY---you know I read the blog every week and even every day this last month. I love keeping up with Margaret's boyfriend and having my weekly update every Tuesday morning! I am so thankful that we met over a year ago in Dr. B's waiting room. You are a great listener, supporter, and most of friend!
By the way, I love the Santa pics!

Alisha said...

My name is Alisha (Burkhalter)Terrillion and I am a "Blog Stalker". I love reading Mr. Crosby. My little guy Grant and Crosby are very close in age (Dec 2). I am not as good on updating my blog as you are but, when I read yours it makes me want to update mine. Check out my little guy at BabyTerrillion.BlogSpot.com

Because I'm the Mom... said...

It's a weird phenomenen to be mentioned in a blog that I secretly stalk. So glad I'm not in the blog closet anymore...Kelly's parents and my parents met when our dads were in the Air Force in Germany. We reconnected in MS and so we are family friends and I did babysit Kelly and Andy (more playing than sitting). I can't remember how much older I am (4/5 years) but when you're in 7th grade four years is a lifetime!

Jill Fields said...

I'm gonna get Ashlee for calling me out! Actually, it's a good thing..she keeps me pretty well in line! (BTW, it's her bday today, so Happy Birthday, Ashlee! 30 years young!)