Monday, April 8, 2013

Mondays with Crosby and Jane Claire


At 11:24 am, Crosby Fox turned 4 years and 14 weeks old!!!  At 1:03 pm, Jane Claire turned 1 year and 1 week old!!! I guess this makes it official.  I have a 4 year old and a 1 year old.  No more denying it.  I am having to accept it.  My baby is technically not a baby anymore.  Heaven help me...  

Tuesday was the official day.  In keeping with tradition, Crosby and I went into Jane Claire's room first thing and sang "Good Morning to you" followed by "Happy Birthday to you".  I had to get it on video...

I thought I would give Jane Claire her first taste of whole milk before breakfast...
"Hmmm. I am getting something out of here?!?"
"What is this stuff?"
"Well whatever it was that came out of this straw was pretty good!"
I have been a little concerned about switching Jane Claire over to milk.  I have been working on a sippy cup but she drinks very little from it.  Definitely not enough to meet her daily needs!  We will see how this whole milk business goes.  Hopefully I can keep up with her until she makes the switch!  Time will tell...

It was a school day so Blake got Crosby out the door and off to Otter Creek.  While they were gone, I took the birthday girl's perspective pictures.  Jane Claire and her bunny...
Jane Claire and her bunny in her chair...
Big feet, little feet...
Mug shot...
I just love that mug shot!  She was smiling so sweet.  Then she started laughing and being silly...
Grabbing the camera...
She got her way! :-)
After her morning nap, Blake and I took Jane Claire to Puffy Muffin to celebrate her birthday...
She didn't appreciate the meal quite as much as we did!
We picked up Crosby and had Lulu waiting at Otter Creek to say hello to the birthday girl!
I promise Charlotte was happy to see her, too!  It was a chilly day and she was ready to get out of the cold!
We made a stop at Nothing Bundt Cake to get a small cake for Jane Claire to have ON her actual birthday.  Of course the fact that I love their white chocolate raspberry cake had absolutely nothing to do with it.  Not at all.  It was all about the sweet birthday girl!  One little candle to blow out...
She was a little tentative...
But she finally got those fingers in the icing...
And got a taste!
She couldn't stop for a picture after that!
Cramming a chunk of cake in her mouth!!!  I think she liked it...
Of course we got a video of that too...


After bath time, I sat in her room and rocked Jane Claire to sleep.  I can lay her in bed and she will fall asleep on her own.  But there are times when I cannot resist letting her fall asleep in my arms.  I thought it was justified on her birthday...
 My sweet one year old baby sound asleep.  Oh to freeze time...




On Saturday, we headed down to Columbia for Mule Day.  I may have gone to Mule Day a time or two in my youth.  It just wasn't very cool to me back then.  Now that I have kiddos of my own, I love to head home for the Mule Day Parade.  I mean, what child doesn't love to see mules and horses and random floats driving down the road?!?  Exactly!  It is also fun for Blake and I to see old high school friends, meet their little ones and catch up once a year.

Crosby sported his Woody hat for the occasion...

He was kind enough to let Jane Claire try it out too!
An attempt at a family shot.  Failure...
Jane Claire enjoyed seeing all the mules and horses walking down the street...
Me and my girl...
Clapping for the mules!
Sweet girl...
How precious is Malone.  He fell asleep sitting up in his stroller...
My favorites...
Gotta love the miniature horses. I am pretty sure I take their picture every year!
Crosby and Woody watching the parade...
I stalled a little on 12 month sticker pictures because I wanted the weather to be nice.  It finally happened!  Too bad someone was NOT interested in participating...
"See this?  That is a 12.  I am 12 months old!"
"No, Mommy. I don't care to look at you right now.  Those obnoxious nosies you are making are not helping.  Besides, I am playing with a ladybug."
Pouty pants..
So we tried again later in the day.  I suppose this is the best picture of the day.  Depending on your definition of best...
It went downhill fast...
Maybe standing will be work?? 
Yea.  Not so much...
Oh well!  At least I tried!
So what has Jane Claire been up to in her 12th month?  She continues to sleep like a champ.  When given the opportunity, she can take 2, 2+ hour naps a day and still sleep from 8p-8a.  Sometimes even later.  She is out of her sleep sack at this point and just sleeps with her lovies and her lovie blanket.  She sleeps with white noise but is not affected when the power goes off.  Blake and I wake up but the kiddos don't miss a beat!

Jane Claire is still in size 3 diapers.  I am thinking we will be there for a while.  I made the switch to cruisers when I last bought them because you get more bang for your buck.  Boy do I miss the sweet smell of Swaddlers.  I could go back...   Miss Priss is still a tiny little thing.  She is wearing 9-12 month clothing for the most part.  She has a few things that are 12-18 month but they are brands that tend to run small so I don't know if that counts!  Her feet are TINY.  She wears a size 2 and those are too big most of the time.  0-6 month slip-on Robeez types work the best.  I just love those tiny little toes!!  Jane Claire's eyes are still blue at this point but I think I see them turning hazel in certain lights.  Oh how I wish they would stay blue.  Time will tell!

Mobility is still limited to crawling and cruising along furniture.  She does let go of furniture and stand in one spot.  She has not taken any steps without the use of a walking toy which is fine by me!  No need to rush walking.  An immobile baby is much easier than the mobile baby!  Although she can get most anywhere she needs, including up and down the stairs!  I

Jane Claire is a good eater.  She will eat most any fruit you put in front of her.  She is a fan of Yo Baby yogurt and veggie/fruit pouches when we are in a pinch.  She is eating mostly table food at this point so I have to carry less and less when we are out.  No complaints there.  She wants to eat and drink whatever I am eating or drinking.  I can't say that she has a favorite food.  She just likes to eat!
She still only has two little teeth to eat with so that can make things a little tricky!

Her favorite toy is probably her Fisher Price Stroller/Walking toy:

and her Fisher Price Activity door...
She still plays with her activity table, shape sorter and anything Crosby leave lying around!  The Dolly Parton Imagination Library sent a book in the mail called "Look Look!" and she is a fan.  Maybe it is because it is black and white?  Who knows!  Crosby likes to read it to her when she is willing to share!  Yes, that has already started!!  She is not always a fan of sharing.  Sigh.

On a similar note, Jane Claire is...how do I put it...a wee bit dramatic.  When she gets upset, she does the cry where she holds her breath for 10 seconds, nearly passes out and falls over.  Before I learned to anticipate it, she DID fall over a few times!!  It is quite disturbing for this momma to witness.  You never know when she is going to do it.  It may be because I sit her down in the floor so I can cook or, I don't know, use the bathroom!?!  I can be when she gets "hurt".  It can be because Crosby took the "Look Look!" book away from her to read it TO her.  You get the idea. She is a mess!! :-)   

We are crazy about the little darling that joined our family one year ago.  Jane Claire is a sweet, easy going baby that has been a joy to watch grow.  What a blessing she is to our family!

On Sunday morning, Jane Claire got to participate in one of Otter Creek's sweet family traditions.  Birthday Sunday!  On the first Sunday of every month, each child with a birthday that month is called up on stage.  That was Blake's job...
Once everyone is on stage, whole church sings the "Happy Birthday" song one round through followed by,"May the Lord Bless You" to the same tune.  Such a precious time! Jane Claire managed to get center stage...
All the kiddos head to the Gathering Room afterwords for a piece of birthday cake...
She has really gotten in to this cake eating business!
Little did she know there would be an entire smash cake for her to devour later that afternoon! ;-) Something tells me this one is going to have a sweet tooth a lot like her mother!!! 

No comments: