Monday, April 1, 2013

Mondays with Crosby and Jane Claire

At 11:24 am, Crosby Fox turned 4 years and 13 weeks old!!!  At 1:03 pm, Jane Claire turned 52 weeks old!!!  Ahhhh.  At this time tomorrow, I will have a ONE YEAR OLD baby girl!!!  Stop it.  If you can't tell, Crosby and Jane Claire are as happy about this news as I am! ;-)   Oh wait.  That picture had nothing to do with approaching birthdays.  She just did not want to have her picture taken with him and he did not like her response.  Bless it.

This was another busy week.  Crosby's class had a sweet little Easter party.  Despite the cool weather, it was a beautiful day.  Crosby was thrilled to see everyone outside of the school setting.  There were tables setup with crafts and food.  They were eager to get the activities started.  Who doesn't love a candy necklace!?!
It was too cute to see them all sitting around the table working so diligently...
Then it was time to start the egg hunt...
And they were off!!!
 Somebody found an egg in the trees...
And on the playground!
I love how they run PAST 20 eggs to get the one they saw first!  So funny!  Meanwhile, Jane Claire was content to sit and watch the big kids run around grabbing colored balls...
And her of course she had to make our favorite face!!  "Ohhhhhh!!"
The big kids raced with eggs on spoons... 
Milly and Jane Claire enjoyed a few eggs themselves!
One would think an order of pizza, fruit and cookies would have them all flocking back to the tables.  Not the case! It was hard to pry this crew off the hot wheels, scooters and playground to come eat.  They finally managed to swallow a few bites before running off to play again!  What a fun and sweet group of friends!

Crosby was worn out when we got home.  It is very rare that he takes a nap these days.  Much less ON me!  Needless to say, I soaked in every second of cuddle time with my sweet boy...
For a special treat, we let Crosby pull out the sleeping bag and sleep on the floor in our room...
I was scared I would regret suggesting it for fear that he would want to sleep there every night!  I should know from experience.  I spent many a night on the floor in my parents room.  I deserve payback!  But, he went back to his bed the next night without too much fuss.
And I have to admit I loved having him in our room again!  What a sap...

On Saturday, we had plans to go with the Woottens for an egg hunt at John Christopher's school.  I got Little Bit dressed up in Charlotte's bunny dress.  Oh the cuteness kills me...
Once again, it was soooo chilly outside!!!  Will it ever warm up???  Oh well.  It didn't stop little ones from enjoying themselves.  Crosby still loves a good jump jump and Jane Claire was pretty impressed with his skills...
She was trying to figure out a way to end up in there, too!
I could barely get one of the man on the move...
As usual, he and John Christopher had a grand ole time together!
When the festivities at Woodmont Christian ended, we headed to Phillips Toy Mart so Jane Claire and Crosby could see the bunnies.  Crosby was entertained by them for a millisecond, maybe, before he took off to play with all the toys.  Jane Claire was interested for sure...

"Look Jane Claire!!!  It is a REALY bunny!!"
"See.  You can touch it."
"Daddy, are you seeing this?!?"
Miss Priss was worn out after morning activities...
There is not much sweeter than a sleeping babe.  I couldn't resist taking pictures...
Sunday morning was Easter!  Oh what a gift this day is to us.  The tomb is empty!  What joy there is in knowing HE IS RISEN!!  How precious it is to hear my sweet boy talk about the true meaning of Easter...

There were 2 baskets of goodies waiting for Jane Claire and Crosby...
Crosby was the first one to wake up.  We had to remind him that something might be waiting for him...
He was very excited to see a shark sticker book!  Sharks are a favorite right now...
Jane Claire found her basket after she was dressed for church...
She was interested to see what she could find..
The cake pop looked appealing!
And then she thought her brother was going to take it from her!  At least I was able to snap one picture of her looking before it got ugly! ;-)
My Easter babies...
Wearing outfits made by their Lulu...
Prettiest flower I have ever seen!!!
We went to church with the whole Malone crew and then headed back to Anne Claire's for lunch.  I managed to snap a few pictures of the cake Lulu made...
It was too cute to eat...
And there was one picture taken of me and the kids while looking through their Easter baskets.
I got ZERO pictures of all the sweet cousins.  Or anyone else for that matter.  Sigh.  We attempted a few family pictures before the festivities ended...
Family pictures are hard...
We tried.
I made an attempt to take a few of Crosby and Jane Claire in their sweet little outfits...
Those proved to be difficult too!!!
Sweet Crosby...

And of course I got a few of my baby girl...
Who wouldn't look AT the camera...
But would gladly make "the face"...
She looks precious any way you get her!
My parents came up for dinner.  We kept it traditional and went to... Las Palmas...
I got a picture of my little bunny making "the face" but that is about it!
Then it was Monday.  Crosby wanted to get in a picture with her first...
As you saw way up top, she wasn't really into the idea.  I guess she knew a big day was around the corner.  She wasn't feeling up for sharing the spotlight!!

Jane Claire at 52 weeks (if you are going by the Monday to Monday calendar)...
The face...
From both angles!
Tomorrow is the big day for my sweet girl...
This momma heart can hardly stand it...

No comments: