Monday, April 15, 2013

Mondays with Crosby and Jane Claire


At 11:24 am, Crosby Fox turned 4 years and 14 weeks old!!!  At 1:03 pm, Jane Claire turned 1 year and 2 weeks old!!!  This week has been pretty laid back.  No parties to plan.  No parades to attend.  It was a low key kind of week.  Fine by me!

That gave us time to do stuff like this...
The Cyrs gave Crosby a set of Superstructs for Christmas and they are awesome!  Crosby and I are pretty proud if the ferris wheel we constructed.  As you can tell, it really spins!  We have had hours of fun with these so far.  Pretty sure there will be lots more!

On Friday, we went to the Mayfield's house for a little play time with friends.  I managed to snap a few pictures of the kiddos with my NEW CAMERA!! LOVE it.  Hoping I pick it up more frequently than I did my old one!  The only picture I took of Crosby was the first picture!  And you can only see his eye and his hair.  I thought it turned out pretty neat though!

Lucas swinging...
Little Bit swinging.  She LOVES a swing!
Kara and Jenny were brave and let their little ones play in the mud.  I didn't give Jane Claire the opportunity and Crosby didn't take them up on it.  But the ones that did get dirty sure looked cute...
Lucas sure makes for a handsome princess! ;-)
Jane Claire found a ball pit she enjoyed.  And a bottle?!?  It would have been nice for her to have taken a bottle this easily over the past year...
Charlotte was with us on Friday so the fun continued all day!!  Caught them working on a puzzle together. I am sure Crosby was telling her where each piece goes seeing how he practically has them memorized.  Seriously. Boy loves a puzzle...
 Last weekend was a tad hectic!  As if Jane Claire's birthday party wasn't enough to occupy my thoughts for the whole weekend, we had a decision to make as to what to do on Saturday.  Should we let Crosby play in his soccer team's first game or go to Mule Day?!?  Obviously, we went with the later and skipped out on his first game.  That made this past Saturday Crosby's FIRST SOCCER GAME EVER!!!  Needless to say, that was a pretty big deal in this household!  And, of course, Blake had to work.  Which meant it was up to me to get everyone fed, dressed, and ready to be at soccer fields on time.  Fortunately, Blake was able to play with his schedule a bit and made it just in time!

We ran into a few buddies while we were waiting for our game to start.  I promise they were happy to see each other.  It was supper sunny outside!  Still a little chilly but it was a beautiful day.  That made it a little hard to smile for the camera...
Eating snacks while taking pictures is also rather difficult! Dean and Crosby couldn't stop chewing long enough to smile!  At least Lucas looked my way...
I managed to squeeze in a picture with Dean and Lucas' mommies!  Sweet friends...
I love how both Heidi and Kara, coach wives, wore shirts to coordinate with their team color.  They are true soccer moms!  It never even crossed my mind.  I am not sure that I even have a red shirt, which is sort of basic.  Here they have bright yellow/green shirts ready to go!!!

GranBuddy and Lulu made it up for the game.  GranBuddy was more than happy to get his hands on Jane Claire...
And here is my boy, #16, ready to start the game...
I am thinking I should claim "16" as his number from here on out since it was his very first number.  Right?!?  I mean, how does that work?  How do you decide what number to go with.  Seems like a logical reason to chose a number to me!

Playing with John Christopher while they wait...
The whole team lined up.  Too cute...
Waiting to get in the game...

Going after the ball!!!
Most of the kiddos got to attempt a throw in at some point during the game.  I thought a collage of his very first throw in would be fun!  And that moment he turned around just to say "hello" during the game...
Little Bit just watched from the sidelines.  A bottle of water provided a little added entertainment...
Little Mess...
Handshakes...
Post game snack time!
Crosby had lots of fans for his first game!  I decided to.  LeAnne and me...
Lulu and GranBuddy with Jane Claire...
The Autrys
I can't tell you who "won" the game.  How silly that no one really wins or loses these days!?!  It was a fun time regardless.  Too bad he will miss next weekend's game.  Yikes!  They may kick him of the team for missing games 1 AND 3!!  Let's hope not...

Crosby and I were being silly one afternoon and decided to play with my NEW CAMERA!!!!
Now if I will just pick it up and take pictures...
Good pictures...
Although silly pictures are kind of fun!
Interestingly enough, my boy was more than willing to take them!
Oh dear.  The things we do for our children!!!

Meanwhile, Jane Claire was taking a stroll with her stroller...
I just love to watch her waddley little walk!
It is one of the cutest things ever.  Straight kneed and all...
She is getting closer to the real deal...
She knows it...
and she is proud!!!
Today, Jane Claire and I are actually in Huntsville!  I had 2 patients pop up in the area so I planned a fun, girls trip with LeAnne!  We stayed with her sister Carla.  She and her daughter, Bella, loved having Little Bit around.  This was a picture they took while I was training patients earlier...
We get to spend the morning playing in Huntsville before we head back home!  Fun times!

No comments: