Monday, October 29, 2012

Mondays with Crosby and Jane Claire

At 11:24 am, Crosby Fox turned 3 years and 43 weeks old!!!  At 1:03 pm, Jane Claire turned 30 weeks old!!! She is in the 30's folks.  How did that happen?  And him.  He is rapidly approaching 52 weeks.  I don't understand how it happens from week to week.  Just when you think it will slow down, a year passes.  

The above picture is awful.  I know.  But it sums our life up.  Crosby is wild.  I mean, wild!  I am not sure if it is his age or what.  The lack of Bubba doesn't help. But, he was a goofball before he decided to toss the one thing that could calm him down.  He has so much energy these days.  He is constantly playing the drums on something.  He sings and dances and makes all kinds of silly noises.  He cannot keep his hands off of Jane Claire.  The poor thing is getting tickled or kissed or patted or something whenever he is around.  The words "be gentle with her" come out of my mouth a million times a day!!  "But I need to touch her!!!"  The bigger she gets, the less gentle he feels he needs to be.  Somehow he thinks they are on equal playing fields.  Something tells me I am going to have a rough a tumble girl thanks to her big brother!!!  She will have to be to keep up with him!!  He makes life fun for sure.

I am happy to report that my wild man still has no Bubba!  He is on night number 11 and is doing fabulously!  Even better, his momma has survived the transition, too.  This time last week, I was so ready to throw in the towel.  I think it took me until Wednesday or so to finally let go of the hope that I could just give it back to him.  Oh how I wanted to see the shear joy in his face when I gave it back to him.  It would have made his world!!!  But, I had to be the parent and do the right thing.  Each night has gotten better and better.  Initially, I would lie in bed with him, scratching his back or rubbing his head until he fell asleep.  The longest it took was probably 45 minutes.  With each passing night, the amount of time it took him to fall asleep got shorter and shorter.  Over the weekend, I finally went back to our normal prayer, followed by a few songs routine and headed out of his room while he was awake.   The first night he was up and down several times.  The next night, he was up just once.  And tonight, he was falling asleep during the songs!  No tears.  There was only one mention of Bubba tonight and that was while he was in the tub!  What a big boy!!!  The only times I see the effects of Bubbalessness during the day is when he falls and gets hurt or something to that nature.  He has a much harder time recovering these days.  Tears last a lot longer.  Things are a little more dramatic.  I think it is the lack of Bubba combined with the lack of naps, which we have also had to cut back on a few weeks ago because he had a hard time falling asleep at night when he took a nap.  So many transitions at once!  I am so proud of my big boy for doing so well with this HUGE lifestyle change!!!  My precious boy...

This week was the week of parties!   We celebrated Gray's 4th birthday on Friday...  
Yep, that is the lone picture I took!  I had Jane Claire and Charlotte to man so I didn't get any further than this.  Not to mention Crosby took a tumble which was followed by one of those major meltdowns and long recoveries!  He managed to regroup eventually and have a good time.

We had 2 parties on Saturday.  Again, I was solo on Saturday morning and took not a single picture!  Blake was able to meet us for Dean's party on Saturday afternoon... 
But Blake had Crosby and I had Little Bit.  That left no spare hand for pictures!  Thankfully, Heidi shared the only one of Dean and Crosby from the afternoon!

Sunday was Trunk or Treat day!  Our neighbor had a few friends over for a Halloween party.  We stopped by for a visit before heading over to the church!  Would you look at the sweet babes... 
2 little owls!  Jane Claire and Sadie are just a few weeks apart.  It is going to be fun to watch these two little girls grow up together!  A group picture was attempted...
Obviously, two out of five babes were cooperative.  That is only because they are the least mobile!

How excited am I that there was FINALLY a cute fox costume for my little Fox to wear this year!!!
Cuteset fox I ever did see!!  Oh.  And my little owl...
Is she not precious?!?  
 My Woodland Creatures!!!
We finally made it to Otter Creek for Trunk or Treat.  I got out the camera, eager to take pictures of my adorable children.  I got ready to snap a picture and nothing happened.  The battery was charged.  The card was not full.  The thing just would not take a picture.  I am not sure what is going on with my camera but it sure has me in knots!!!  I HAVE to have a camera that works!!!  Thankfully, I was able to get a few pictures from friends.  Kara and Heidi were so sweet to share.

My, oh my, I could eat this baby UP!!!
The pictures look so innocent.  However, she was proving to be more of a screech owl on the way to Trunk or Treat!!
Dean dressed as Woody and Crosby the Fox...
Silly friends...
And there is Charlotte and her unicorn costume!!!  Too cute...
Crosby, Dean, Charlotte and Leighton.  Wild boys and sweet little girls! ;-)
Daddies and their girls.  Annie and Ryan with Blake and Jane Claire...
Me and my little girl...
Me and Kara with our little ones.  Love Finn the monkey!
 The next ones Kara caught of our boys are too funny!!  Crosby and Lucas were so excited to see each other...
Hugs...
And they both go down!!!
 Crosby showing off his tail...
 Lucas showing Crosby his tail!
 Would you look at that fancy pose from Lucas!!
 Such sweet friends...
 Grinning from ear to ear...
 Love...
 These...
 Boys!!!
We are so grateful for our Otter Creek family.  We have some of the most amazing friends there.  How fun it is to watch these kiddos grow up together.  I look forward to many years of pictures of Crosby with his Otter Creek buddies!

When I got Jane Claire out of bed this morning, I could have sworn she gained a few pounds since I put her down last night!  She even looks like a butter ball in her 30 week pictures.  She is eating better, but not that much better!!!  This week, she has eaten a tad more.  She loves to eat my oatmeal, off of my finger of course.  She likes mago and pears out of the pouch.  Tonight I was able to get her to eat a little squash as long as it was hidden under mango!  She is by no means consistent with solids and doesn't seem to care all that much for purees.  We will keep working at it!

Jane Claire at 30 weeks... 

Big ole cheese...
Gotta love the pumpkin dress Melissa found for her...
It is one of my favorites for sure!!!
 We have gotten a LOT of wear out of it!
 Such an adorable little pumpkin!
 And just for fun...
Fingers crossed that my camera will work for his Halloween party and Halloween night!!! Please...please... ;-)


No comments: