Monday, October 8, 2012

Mondays with Crosby and Jane Claire

At 11:24 am, Crosby Fox turned 3 years and 40 weeks old!!!  At 1:03 pm, Jane Claire turned 27 weeks old!!!  According to those numbers, I will have a FOUR year old in just 12 weeks. How is that even possible?  Did we not just celebrate his 3rd birthday?!?  At Monkey Joes.  With all of his friends and family. Pretty sure we did!  And just when I thought we made it through his 3rd birthday unscarred, he pulls one over on us.  This week, while riding with Blake to school, Crosby asked, "Daddy, why didn't Mommy come to my 3rd birthday party?"  Talk about a knife to the heart.  We are going to have to make his 4th birthday super special so he will forget about that!!! Sigh...

And since we are on the topic of age, this little darling turned 6 months old on  Tuesday!!! Can. Not. Believe. It...
She is such a little doll.  And by little doll, I mean a petite, dainty, little thing.  We took her in for her 6 month check up on Tuesday and she weighed in at a whopping 13 pounds and 12 ounces (15th percentile)!!!  Such a lightweight!!  She was 26 inches long (60th percentile).  Ittle bittle this precious babe!  Lover her heart, she had to get 4 shots and she was not happy about it.  Neither was I.  Not to mention she had a little bit of a runny nose already.  Break my heart.  At least Crosby was at school and did not have to witness her tears.  He would have been a mess!

At 6 months, I can almost, safely say, that she is sleeping through the night!!  Letting her cry those two,  horrible nights seemed to reset her system and do the trick!  We are still working on naps at this point.  She is usually taking at least one 2-3 hour nap a day.  Some days we get two in.  If we could just get her on the two nap schedule, we will be in business!  In between all of that sleep, Jane Claire manages to eat 6-7 times a day.  But more on eating later!  She is wearing 3-6 month clothes most of the time.  She can still manage some 3 month outfits and has a few random 9 month things she fits in to but both are rare.  She officially switched to size 2 diapers at the beach.  (Except we came back and I found a handful of size 1s that I had to finish off!)  Jane Claire has been a bubba baby but I am in the process of switching brands on her.  We'll see how she does!?!  We started out with the Nuk, like Crosby, but the lactation consultant suggested switching early on.  So we tried MAM pacifiers and she had no problems.  I am the one with the problem.  Some pacifiers are obnoxious. I do not care for words on my baby's face.  The phrases, "Diva in Training" or "Daddy's Girl" do not belong in the center of her mouth!  Even if they are true.  What happened to plain, solid colored or even clear pacifiers???  MAM is struggling in that department.  Luckily Avent makes a similar pacifier and she is not protesting too badly when I give her those!  We shall see...

Jane Claire really likes the exersaucer and spends a lot of time playing in it throughout the day. She still spends lots of time on her activity mat, too.  We have only done the Johnny Jumper a few times.  She isn't much of a fan just yet.  We will keep trying.  She has gotten a little better about riding in the car these days.  I think that has a lot to do with her sleeping better.  When she was tired, she did NOT want to be strapped in that seat!   No she doesn't mind as much when the trip isn't too long.  Is Disney considered a long drive??? :-/  Her hands are one of her favorite toys, along with Sophie and her lovie.  She is really starting to enjoy bath time.  She likes to stand at the side of the tube and watch it fill with water (with my help of course!).  And of course, she loves, loves, loves to watch her brother!  She gives him some of the biggest and best smiles.  Too sweet!  Since it is now October, we we took her perspective pictures in a sweet little pumpkin dress!

Jane Claire and her bunny...
Jane Claire and her bunny in her chair...
Big hand, little hand... (hard to keep her hands still these days!)
Big feet, little feet...
Crosby wanted to participate!
Mug shot...
Then she decided she wanted to play with the camera...
Meanwhile, Crosby wanted to play hide and seek...
Only he does that every time we take pictures.  And he is always in the same spot.  And I always SEE him getting in the same spot.  And I always have to "look" in other places, pretending I never saw him get in that same spot!  I don't know that he clearly understands the point of that game yet! ;-

We headed outside a little later for 6 month sticker pictures...
Pre-sneeze shot!
Trying to find a smile for me...
Sweet little love...
She couldn't pretend any more.  She wasn't feeling too good!!  We spent a lot of time with Nose Frida this week.  Can you tell she is not happy about the cold she has... :-(
I just had to put these two side by side.  Minus the beautifully jaundiced skin, she hasn't changed all that much since month one!  Crazy...
And Crosby wanted in on the fun.  But she was just done!
Except for the picture Crosby insisted on taking of me and Jane Claire!
So I said she wasn't feeling well, right?!?  Yet, I still decided to try a little oatmeal that night.  She was 6 months so I just thought she may need it... (sorry this is totally upside down!?!  Blake's phone.  Don't get it...)



"What do I think?? Are you seriously asking me that???"  I would say by looked on her face and the clinched mouth, she isn't found of oatmeal.  She still looked pretty cute with oatmeal on her face...
We tried a few more things over the course of the week and her reaction was no better.  She does NOT care for solids at the moment!  I am guessing we will wait and try again soon!?!  She will be a lightweight a little while longer! 

Crosby got a little sticker Crazy on Wednesday...
And for those of you have a history with me will appreciate this...
As if my beloved bear has not been through enough in his life (flattened like a pancake, no nose, cracked eye and a missing bow tie to name a few), Crosby did this to him!!  Poor buddy!  

On Thursday night, Melissa gave us tickets to see Disney on Ice!!  Blake got off work a little early and we headed to the area for the big night.  Mickey and Minnie were first to make an appearance, followed by Cars.  I think there was a princess/fairy number next but I was off trying to feed Jane Claire.  Crosby told me before the show that he would watch the princesses even though they were for girls!!  So funny!! Toy Story finished off the night.  I tool a few pictures of the "boys" numbers... ;-)
Loving it so far!
Even Jane Claire watched for a while!
Where am I and why am I up so late?
Mis Margaret, the little princess, enjoyed every second of the princesses!!
He was glad to see Toy Story come on!
What a treat it was to go with the Ricks to Disney on Ice!  Not to mention we were able to sit in to booth.  That came in super handy when trying to take care of my little sweets, who was still not feeling 100%.  She ended up passing out in the Ergo.  I had to snap a picture of our families and two sweet friends...
On Friday, we spent the morning at Cheekwood with Lulu, Charlotte and Malone!  Anne Claire and Jeremy went to the beach for the weekend to celebrate their anniversary.  That meant Buddy and Lucy were on Cyr babe duty!  We thought it would be nice for the kiddos to get out of the house.  Cheekwood was the perfect outing!  They have "scarecrows" scattered around the grounds, a pumpkin patch, one tree house and a train exhibit.

Crosby and Charlotte with the Bell Witch...
Malone and Jane Claire out for a stroll...
Charlotte and Crosby in the tree house...
Charlotte's favorite scarecrow was "Ella Phant"...
This train exhibit is considerably smaller than the one they had last summer...
It still captivates it's audience!
Even Charlotte was impressed!
The best picture I could get of these two silly cousins!
Sweet Malone...
Sweet Jane Claire...
Apparently she scratched her face while sleeping.  Either that or the cat snuck in over night, opened her door and jumped in her bed!

Crosby playing in the "Gingerbread House", as he calls it...
On Saturday morning, we headed to the Wootten's to celebrate Thomas' and Mercer's 1st birthday...
How cute is that cake???  And how cute is this family of FIVE!!!
I cannot believe these sweet boys are one whole year old!!  Blake had to work so I was a single mom to these sweet kiddos...
Me and my girl...
Crosby and John Christopher had a great time together!
Sunday afternoon drum session...
And finally, I will end with my weekly pictures.  Here is Jane Claire at 27 weeks...
 There were too many cute ones...
 Look at her, sitting up so big and tall!
Are these two not the most precious things ever?!?
Just precious.


No comments: