Monday, October 15, 2012

Mondays with Crosby and Jane Claire


At 11:24 am, Crosby Fox turned 3 years and 41 weeks old!!!  At 1:03 pm, Jane Claire turned 28 weeks old!!!  Speaking of Jane Claire, she finally kicked her cold, which thrills us to no end.  We all know how much I adore Nose Frida.  BUT.  I do not enjoy having to use it.  Neither does Jane Claire.  Actually, she abhors the thing!  And Crosby pitches a fit every time I use it on her because he does not want her to cry! Who knew suctioning nasal secretions could be such an emotional event for 3 members of this family.  How did Blake get out of this whole process???  Needless to say, we are glad her cold is behind us and are hoping to steer clear of them!   Highly unlikely...

So.  I thought we made it through the whole bed rest business without scarring sweet Crosby.  At the time, he seemed to adjust rather easily and made very few complaints about my inability to move.  Sigh of relief.  Last week, I got a the ole punch in the gut.  While he and Blake were driving home from school, Crosby asked, "Daddy, why didn't Mommy come to my 3rd birthday party?"  Break. My. Heart.

Sigh.

I am trying to make up for it BIG time now!!! ;-)  He got to go on his very first field trip and I accompanied him.  His class went to Gentry's Farm on Thursday.  Because he works right across the street, Blake was able to come for most of the trip too!  We had such a good time...
Such a sweet boy...
Siblings weren't allowed, which initially threw me off!  In the end, I was glad Jane Claire stayed home (with LeAnne) because a.) she would have been so tired and miserable and b.) I would have been miserable trying to make her less miserable and c.) Crosby wouldn't have gotten all of our attention.  Jane Claire was and angel for LeAnne and I got to spend special time with my boy! Win win!

Class picture...
Class picture with Miss Fisher...minus a few kids!
After lunch a pictures, we headed out on the tour.  This fella was able to get them to listen so well.  All the mommas were quite impressed with his skills!
He told them to put their hands behind their backs so they wouldn't be tempted to touch the animals...
AND THEY DID!!!
It was about the cutest thing I have ever seen...
I mean look at those little hands...
Especially this set!!
We got to see a baby donkey...
It was so cute I wanted to take it home!
And this momma sheep had just given birth to twin lambs!!!  If you look closely, you can still see the little one's umbilical cord! Just precious...
The kiddos then sat and learned about corn and wheat...
They sat there so good!!
Then they got to go play in it...
Crosby trying to figure out how that really worked...
Addy came over the join in the fun...
Playing in the wheat...
An attempt at a group picture in front of the wagon...
Then we took a hayride (minus the hay) with Mr. Gentry as our guide.  He taught the kiddos all about pumpkins.  These two were such good listeners...
Crosby and his pumpkin!
After the hay ride, we headed back to our cars.  This is what our silly kids were doing while Jenny and I were trying to switch car seats from one car to the other!!!
What a special day it was with our sweet boy and his classmates!

Sunday was Jane Claire's first official day in the church nursery.  We actually tried once before but I didn't sign her in and it only lasted a few minutes!  So, that didn't count!  Here she is with her official documentation...
All started out well.  I sat her in an exersaucer and she started to play.  Then a little friend let out a loud, happy shrill and she lost it.  I left at that point hoping she would regroup.  I went to check on her between service and class to see how she was doing.  She was a mess.  Of course I couldn't bear to leave her that way so I grabbed her up and took her with  me to class...   
That lasted all of 10 minutes.  She started "talking" and we had to leave the room!  Oh well, what can you do.  It sort of seems like it is pointless for me to go to church these days because someone needs to be napping.  Maybe one day I will get to sit through an entire service or class!  

We found the Cyr crew after church.  Would you just look at these sweet pumpkins...
We had no idea the other even had this outfit!  Not to mention that they would be wearing them the same day!!!  How fun is that?!?  Too bad it was super windy and we couldn't get a good picture of them!  At least you get the idea!

Little Bit has really gotten good at sitting.  I thought her new skill would be perfect for a little fall picture taking!!  We finally got the front porch decorated with fun fall lovelies.  I sat Jane Claire and Crosby amongst the decor and snapped away.  I was pretty pleased with the outcome...
Little pumpkin...
"Look! No hands!"
New lens.  Doll face...
How does one pick a favorite???
Oh my goodness...
She couldn't get any cuter!!!
Nope.  She couldn't!
And then you go back to the original lens and add brother to the mix...
And he is a sweet as can be!!

Except he looks 9 or something!?!
So precious...
So I will end with Jane Claire at 28 weeks...
Such a happy girl, laughing at her brother...
Sitting up like she is something else!
Silly brother!!!
These kids are about as precious as it gets!!
I am not biased... ;-)

No comments: