Monday, November 5, 2012

Mondays with Crosby and Jane Claire


At 11:24 am, Crosby Fox turned 3 years and 44 weeks old!!!  At 1:03 pm, Jane Claire turned 31 weeks old!!!  Baby Girl is officially 7 whole months old!!!  How is that possible? Nevermind.  Let's focus on the A.Dor.A.Ble children in the above picture.  Have you ever seen such precious woodland creatures???  I think not.  I considered making them wear their costumes every single day this week.  Crosby would have been fine with it.  Jane Claire, not so much!  If she only realized how many compliments she got in her feathers.  Not that she needs feathers for compliments!!! ;-) I will go ahead and say it.  I have WAY to many pictures this week.  I think it is be that I go ahead and jump right in! Be prepared to see lots of pictures of my dressed up babes!

I will start with Tuesday's Halloween Party at school!
How fun that it was on a Tuesday!  Blake's off day!!  Maybe it was overkill, but the Malone family of 4 were all in attendance for the occasion.  Even Little Miss and her owl feathers!  Too bad my lens when haywire and my pictures are pretty wonky.  Anyway...

Here is Lucas the Lion during the class parade...
Mrs. Dele even dressed up for the occasion!  Too fun!  And see sweet Leighton dressed in her strawberry outfit?!?  Presh...
The kids get to trick or treat in the office.  Crosby made a stop by Mr. Kyle's door, aka Leighton's daddy!
Class Picture!
We even got to see them say the Pledge of Allegiance!  Crosby actually learned it last year at CBS.  Now he says it every day at school too!  So very sweet to hear...
Super excited about snack time!
After school, we headed down to Columbia to see the grandparents.  GranBuddy was working at Maury Regional so we got to surprise him.  He was pretty excited to see a sweet owl and fox waiting in the hallway when he turned the corner!!!
Jane Claire hanging out on the call bed eating a few skittles!  Can you tell we made progress with solids?!? ;-)
Lulu with the Little Fox who was named for her!
GranBuddy and the Little Screech Owl!  Let me tell you, she earned the name when we put the costume back on her!!
Who knew there was a fox statue outside Maury Regional!  Of course Crosby had to have his picture taken with them.  I need those in my yard...
Next we headed to see Gee Gee and Pop.  Back in the suit she went.  At least there was no screeching this time...
 Could she be any cuter? It has nothing to do with the fact that she is my child, wearing a costume I made.  Not at all...

Crosby and Gee Gee...
 Jane Claire and Gee Gee..
Group shot!  Where was Pop???
Wednesday was the big day, Halloween!  Crosby had been asking to carve a Jack O Lantern and we FINALLY did it!  It was a beautiful, bright, sunshiny day.  Perfect for cleaning out the innards of a pumpkin...
He was extremely hesitant and really wanted to wash his hand after the first dip...
But I made him press on...
Everybody needs to get their hands dirty every now and then...
Right!!!!
He got the hang of it and managed to help, a little, with 2 pumpkins!
Too bad I failed to take their picture!  What was I thinking?  At least one can be seen all lit up a little a few pictures down.  Sigh.

When Jane Claire woke up from her nap, we headed to the Woottens for a little pre Trick or Treating fun.  Would you look at these cuties...
John Christopher was Lightening McQueen.  Thomas was an elephant and Mercer was a donkey.  Get it??  Pre-election?!?  Pretty clever for twins, huh?!!   I loved it! One guess as to which twin wore my favorite costume... ;-)

We headed back home and putting on the costumes AGAIN!!!  See that Jack O Lantern...
Crosby enjoyed going from door to door this year.  He was trying his best to use good manners...
Sometimes he said "Thank you" before "Trick or Treat!" I was afraid he wouldn't go to this door.  The ghost had a motion sensor and started moving and making noises when he walked up!  Love of candy helped him overcome his fear!
Jane Claire had to go back inside after we said hello to the neighbors.  Despite the sunshiny day, it was pretty chilly that night.  We didn't want that sweet babe to catch a cold!  Crosby was dressed a tad warmer so he made his way to a few more houses.  He got to ride on the neighbors float again this year.  And new neighbors even had a haunted house set up in their back yard with a strobe light!!!  He thought it was pretty cool.  On the way out, we ran into another "Crosby"!  That is the first time we have spoken to another one.  He had a great middle name (that I can't recall) but I still think we nailed it with our Crosby Fox! ;-)

On Friday sweet Jane Claire turned 7 months old!!!  It seems like we always do something mean on her birthday.  This one was no different.  She and Crosby had flu vaccines that morning.  Jane Claire got shot number two!  At least Crosby was able to do the flu mist this year.  He didn't like it but said it was a little better than the shot.  Of course he grieved over her getting one almost as much as he would have had he gotten one himself!  Crosby got to go to the Woottens for an afternoon of play while I took Jane Claire home to take a good, long nap.  When she woke up, we had limited day light and needed to pick up Crosby.  So I made the best of it and did a little photo shoot in the Wootten yard! It was a little chilly outside so I had to take her pictures fast.  She wasn't feeling it!!!
But she sure looked cute anyway!!!
I can't believe how much she has grown over the past few weeks...
And would you look at how good she is sitting up these days!!!
And she is a determined little priss...
"I am going to get this sticker off my shirt!  How dare her reveal my age!!!"
"Maybe she won't notice."
"Especially if I look at the camera so sweet."
"Oh shoot.  That release reflex kicked in or something.  I lost it!!"
"I am going to find that sticker!!!"
"There it is.  I have it with BOTH hands now."
"YES!!!!!  I got it!!!"
"Will she notice if I eat it??"
Meanwhile, the boys were mesmerized by this scene...
A car was being towed out of the ditch and they had FRONT ROW seats!!!
How cool is that for two boys?!?
They just looked so cute sitting there, watching. Somewhat still...
And then the movement started back up...
Accompanied by lots of laughter...
And the hugs resumed...
And the wild was back in full force!!!
We finally made our way back home and attempted perspective pictures.  It was a challenge to say the least...

Jane Claire and her bunny...
Followed by a little protest!
Jane Claire and her bunny in her chair...
Watching her brother but at least she was sitting up tall in this one!
Followed by more protest.
Which lead to loss of balance...
But she still looked cute!  Her poor bunny...
It is hard work having your picture taken!!!
Crosby wanted in for his weekly picture.  Somebody wanted no part of it...
Big feet, little feet...
Followed by a little upside down protest!!!
Big hand, little hand...
Mug shot...
It didn't help that I was having to use my 50 mm lens because my other lens won't focus!  This was the best I could get of the ole mug shot.  You can see how happy she was with the whole process!!! ;-)  I can't blame her.  Poor little love had a shot in her left thigh.  Who wants to smile after that???

At 7 months, Jane Claire is still in size 2 diapers. They fit a little more snug these days but I think we will get through December in them.  She wears mostly 6 month clothes but can still manage some 3-6 month from Janie and Jack and Angel Dear.  There are a few outfits that are 9 month!  Woah!!  She is doing great with her sleep routine now.  If we are home.  She easily takes 2, 2 hour naps.  Usually more in the morning.  I usually get her out of bed around 7:15 and feed her.  She plays for a little while and usually eats a fruit or yogurt before she is ready to go back to bed.  That is usually 9 at the latest.  It is crazy how much sleep they need!  I would love to get that much!! She is sleeping through the night.  Although I sneak in her room around 10:00 to top her off.  I try to give her a bottle then just to make sure she can take it. She doesn't really care when she is half asleep.  It is a totally different story when she knows what is going on!  Feisty little thing, Miss Jane Claire!  Since starting solids, she doesn't seem to get as much milk.  Of course, that stresses me out! I am trying to stay on top of my milk supply.  If it had been left up to her, she probably would have landed herself on formula by now!!  Light weight... ;-)  She has really started to like solids these days.  She got a little spoiled with the packets of fancy baby food back when we were trying to get her to eat period.  I am trying to limit those to greens like spinach, broccoli, peas, etc. because I think those seem harder to make. I actually made my own acorn squash, butternut squash and sweet potatoes.  I was thrilled when she ate them up without issue!

Jane Claire had really grown to love her lovie!  It is one of the few things she seems to be attached to right now.  You put it in her hands and she pulls it straight up to her face and rubs her eyes.  Too cute.  We still use the exersaucer and activity mat but they aren't going to hold her interest much longer.  She still doesn't crawl but she seems more interested.  She is sitting better and better each day!

Jane Claire at 31 weeks...


She is getting a lot more confident with her mobility in sitting.  I am afraid crawling will be here before I know it.  Can't she just stay tiny a little longer?!?

No comments: