Monday, August 6, 2012

Mondays with Crosby and Jane Claire

At 11:24 am, Crosby Fox turned 3 years and 31 weeks old!!!  At 1:03 pm, Jane Claire turned 18 weeks old!!!  Baby Girl is officially 4 months old now.  That means I took a lot of pictures of her.  Of course her big brother managed to make it in a few shots as well.  I am still being somewhat of a photo slacker these days.  I need to take advantage of Jane Claire being fairly immobile.  We all know once they can move, it is over!  I have learned a trick that has Crosby sitting still for pictures... for the moment.  All I have to do is tell him he most definitely is NOT going to be in the picture.  Just everyone/everything around him is!  So far, it works like a charm.  We'll see how long it lasts!

On Wednesday, we headed back to the splash pad with the Ricks.  It is a super fun place but as of Friday, it is no longer open during the weekday!?!  Such a bummer.  Apparently it is only open during the day when school is out.  Interestingly enough, it is really geared for those who are not even in school yet!  At least we were able to squeeze one more visit in.  Now we will just have to get Blake there on a weekend...

Little Bit looked adorable, all dressed in blue...
And would you take a look at tiny baby Wells...
He has gotten so BIG!  He had a grand ole time playing in the water!
Of course we made the dynamic duo pose.  And Crosby was most definitely NOT in the picture...
I can't remember what I had them yell.  Olympics??  Water??
And there is the chipped tooth, chipmunk!!!  Back for a visit...
Followed by "Mr. I think I am a male model"...
Getting a shower in for the day.
Let's hope that water is clean!!! ;-)  Speaking of water...  We were out running a few errands today and passed a house with a pool.  As we passed it, Crosby asked:

C: Mommy, can we go swimming along together at that pool one day?
M: Well, we don't know who lives at that house.
C: We can just go and ask them their names!!
M: Maybe we can one day! (the go to answer for everything..."one day" ;-) )
we get a few houses down and he apparently spots one with a slide
C: Mommy, can we go swimming along together at that pool with a slide???
D: Well, Crosby.  We don't know those people either.
C: Well, we can go ask them their name too!!!

He is so my child!!  I would go as far as stopping at a random house in hopes to swim!  But you know what I mean!! So funny, this boy of mine!

Then Thursday came.  August.  Yes.  I wrote August and I cannot believe it is already here!!!  August the 2nd.  That meant my sweet, tiny Jane Claire was 4 whole months old!  How is that even possible?  Sigh...  It was time for monthly perspective pictures...

Jane Claire and her bunny...
Jane Claire and her bunny in her chair...
The outtakes were so cute I had to put them in a collage.  That way I don't feel as bad about my inability to narrow pictures down! The best of both worlds!
Mug shot...
Big feet, little feet...

Big hand, little hand...
These may not be perspective pictures but they are too cute to leave out.  Jane Claire started cooing, like she does A LOT these days.  I just love the look on her face...

What a cutie patootie!!!
Then I had to take her 4 month sticker pictures.  This one would have been REALLY cute...
Nothing like a little Tennessee humidity to ruin a good thing!  At least the haze cleared and I got a few cute ones.  Yes, I should have made another collage...

Somebody jumped into the picture.  It got her to smile so big she couldn't keep her eyes open!
There are her blue eyes...
What a little angel!!
And what a silly big brother she has!!!  I am pretty sure there is a picture of me at this very age doing this very same thing.  Maybe you can find that for me, Mom & Dad?!?
And then there was today.  We did a whole lot of nothing today. I know not a whole lot changed from Thursday, but I had to take pictures of Jane Claire for her weekly Monday pictures.  Of course, a certain boy had to hide behind the chair.  You know, because he isn't in the picture anymore...
She does look so big.  Sitting up like she can do it all by herself!!  Well, she is way too tiny for that!
The last few weeks with Jane Claire have been so much fun.  She smiles ALL of the time.  And what a beautiful smile it is.  She has found her voice and she likes to "talk" more and more everyday.  It seriously is the sweetest sound, as you may recall from last week's video!  Her coordination has improved significantly.  She is starting to fine tune a gross grasp and release.  She loves, loves bringing everything she catches to her mouth.  We are seeing lots and lots of drool as a result!  We don't necessarily need bibs for spit up but rather for plain old spit!  I will take spit over spit up anytime!  If I place her on her belly and position her arms just right, she is able to roll from her belly to her back.  She is a little more tolerant of tummy time these days so I image she will master rolling sooner rather than later.  She has been in her bed, all night for the past THREE WHOLE NIGHTS!!  Huge progress on my part!  It doesn't really seem to phase her.  I am doing well with the transition too. ;-)  She still wakes up once a night, usually somewhere between 2:00 and 4:00.  She typically goes right back to sleep.  I thought she was out the other night when I laid her down in the cradle (this was before I moved her to her bed...)  Apparently she wasn't as out as I thought...
We were settling in for the night, watching the end of the Olympics.  Out of nowhere, we heard that sweet little thing start talking!  Just presh!!  She wakes up in the morning happy, smiling and talking.  What a great way to start the day!  Jane Claire is still wearing size 1 diapers, although I think I will go ahead and order size 2 for the next box.  Her clothes vary in size but she is in 3 or 6 months for the most part.  She is getting longer and chunkier by the second.  She is a lightweight but eats when she wants and protests if you try to feed her when she is not hungry!  So, I assume she is getting what she needs.  I must say, I am really enjoying my time AWAY from Medela this go round.  I kind of love feeding her myself.  I never knew how special that time could be.  I hope we can make it a lot longer! 

The past four months with Jane Claire have flown by.  Summer is winding down.  She has her 4 month checkup tomorrow.  Crosby got his Snoopy Letter in the mail from Otter Creek...
That means he will have Snoopy Day (orientation) THIS Thursday!!!  Where did summer go?  I remember thinking it was going to be so hard to manage a newborn and a toddler ALL summer long!!  It would seem we made it.  And it wasn't nearly as hard as I anticipated it to be!  These kiddos have been nothing but a joy to be with...
I am feeling so very blessed.
What a precious little family we have.  Blake, Me Crosby, Jane Claire, and Crosby's plastic baby, Jane Claire!! ;-)  I am so in love with this family!!

Now, I should wrap things up.  I am not sure what I was thinking when I thought it would be a good idea to sign up for 5:15 boot camp 4 days a week this month!!!  I only made it 3 out of 4 days last week.  So far, I haven't made it this week.  I will make it in the morning by golly!!!  Let's just hope Little Miss cooperates tonight!!!  We shall see...


No comments: