Monday, August 20, 2012

Mondays with Crosby and Jane Claire

At 11:24 am, Crosby Fox turned 3 years and 33 weeks old!!!  At 1:03 pm, Jane Claire turned 20 weeks old!!! Baby Girl is now in the 20's and I can barely stand it.  And my boy.  Holy moly.  He is getting closer and closer to FOUR!  I cannot have a 4 year old.  There is nothing remotely baby or even toddler about a 4 year old.  That is nothing but a little boy. He is a LITTLE BOY!?!?  He proves it every day with all of the sweet, smart, silly, witty things he says.  I tell him all the time, "You will always be my baby!!!" I don't know who I am trying to convince!  He has even used it back on me when I try and convince him to stop growing.  He tells me he has to keep growing but he will always be my baby.  Too precious.  He is just about the sweetest child know.  Seriously.  Okay  Enough...

Why am I so emotional about my boy?  He had his first official day of school on Tuesday!  I hesitated to put him in school on Tuesday and Thursday because Blake is off on Tuesdays.  But this picture alone was worth it...
Oh how he loved having his Daddy take him to school!!  He agreed to a picture with me as well...
I am pretty sure that is because we let him stand in the seat and hang out of the sunroof!  I know that probably sounds crazy when kids are required to be in car seats until they are 14 years old or something!  But, that is how the Otter Creek Drop off line rolls.  All the kiddos hang their heads out windows and sunroofs yelling at everyone they see, waving their arms.  Too cute!  Of course, we were newbies and we got in the wrong line! Oops!  At least we got it straight for pick up.  Here is the little man getting ready to get in our car...
And he sees us!!

Crosby had a GREAT first day of school!  He loves his new teacher and LOVES being at Otter Creek!!  I am thinking we are going to have a GREAT year!  It helps that some of his best buddies are there with him.  Crosby and Lucas aren't in the same class but they see each other in passing and when they do extended days.  Kara and I had to order matching outfits for them this year!  (They had matching shirts last year even though they were at different schools...)
Would you look at Lucas' posing positions...
These two boys are too much...
Then we added Charlotte and Leighton to the mix!  Charlotte and Leighton crack me up.  And I must throw in the disclaimer that poor Jeremy was in charge of Charlotte's hair that day... ;-)
We got one of ALL 8 eyes looking in the right direction!
We had to go back later on that even for the "Red Door" picture.  Apparently it is a must! ;-)
So much fun to be had behind those red doors!
And just so I can cry about it a little more, I made a collage of my little fella on the first day of school from the past 3 years.  Look how much he has grown...
Sigh.

That night we headed to Chuy's to celebrate Anne Claire's birthday.  Lulu and GranBuddy had their picture with the tiny babes.  They were a handful during dinner so this is the only one I got!
We headed to an pavilion for cake and presents.  Of course Crosby and Charlotte had to help her blow out the candles...
And here is the birthday girl showing off the cupcake holder LeAnne and I made for her!
Happy Birthday, Anne Claire!!

Believe it or not, I didn't pick up the actual camera for a whole week!  I have GOT to do better.  It doesn't help that my camera is acting up...  Anyway, I did take pictures of Jane Claire! She is looking like such a big girl!

Jane Claire at 20 weeks...
Always trying to get those hands in that mouth!
Got a smile!!
Then I flipped her on her belly and she starting talking away...
I am sure she was trying to figure out why in the world I was laying on the floor while she was practically hanging off the chair...
She wasn't too worried.  She could still eat her hands!
And flash a half smile! ;-)

Sweet little love...

No comments: