Monday, August 1, 2011

Mondays with Crosby


At 11:24 am, Crosby Fox turned 2 years and 31 weeks old!!!  What is it about red Keds that melts my heart???  I LOVE them.  I loves seeing these little legs with red canvas strapped on his feet.  These are a little small side, leaving socks a no go.  Even better, in my opinion!  The cuteness factor may go up when socks are not included!  He looked like a little doll today.  In my opinion... ;-)  But more of those pictures later.

On Wednesday, we got together with our playgroup buddies for a day at the pool.  I almost got one of them ALL looking, happily in the vicinity of the camera lens...

We took a trip to Nolensville to swim at the Graves neighborhood pool.  (Kara took more pictures if you care to see them.  She was not a photo slacker...)  We had such a lovely time with our sweet friends.  Oh how I wish we had a neighborhood pool...  Sigh.   I am so thankful for friends that invite us to theirs!!  It makes these HOT summer days a little more bearable!
Crosby and I took a little trip to the Feed Mill on our way home.  Although it was technically in the complete opposite direction.  I didn't plan on letting everyone know that we got Hatcher Farm chocolate milk, 2 chicken salad sandwiches, honey, and a pumpkin roll.  But they busted us and posted our picture on Facebook!  I am not scared to admit we were there and have plans to return in the near future!

Crosby has followed a pretty regimented bedtime routine since we was 4 months old.  It usually goes something like this:  eat dinner, play for a bit, take a bath, read (sometimes), say prayers, sing songs (Jesus Love Me -aka Baby Jesus, Deep and Wide/Wide and Deep, Zaccheus, and occasionally This Little Light of Mine) and put him in his bed.  Blake has a different song list but he doesn't really stick to the same ones.  If is a really late night, we skip the rocking and singing and just straight to bed.  No big deal.  He does whatever.  But lately, we have encouraged a little "cuddle time"...

There is just something about "cuddling" with our little fella that we can't resist.  We by no means do it every night.  But is fun to do once a week or so.  We are only talking 15 minutes tops.  How cute it was to hear him come up the stairs tonight asking to "cuddle with Mommy and Daddy...turn this light out...get under the covers."  Just plain precious!!!

On Saturday, we took our first trip to the library.  He still LOVES to read so I thought he would enjoy picking out new books.  Of course I had to take a picture of him at the front door...
Except it was my first time to take him.  And we took that picture in front of the community center!!!  Ahem. Yes.  Here it the real library...
Too bad I forgot the real camera and had to use the phone!  Not the fastest shutter speed around but it had to do!  Once inside and in the children's section, Crosby found this digger book right off the bat...
 He couldn't wait until we got home to read it...
He even had to hold it as we checked out!
First it was Davis Kidd.  Now it is Borders.  I probably sound like the grandmother telling stories of walking to school barefoot in the snow, but it sure makes me so sad to see book stores closing left and right.  I am all about technology, but downloaded books are boarderline evil to me.  I want my boy to hold the REAL thing in his hands.  I want him to know the wonderful smell of a brand new paperback book!  I am making a special effort to spend more time at the library.  You know, before they are extinct! So very sad...

On a happy note, these two adorable cousins showed up at church in matching, Lulu made outfits.  Totally unplanned!  Charlotte's dress was from last Easter and Crosby's was from this Easter.  Of course I had to use my cell phone once again.  And like usual, these two would NOT sit still.  At least you get the idea.

Crosby was far more interested in looking at Charlotte's goldfish than me!!
A sort of shot of his face...
Kinda looks like they are boxing!  Promise no jabs were throne.  This time...
Back to those red shoes.  Did I mention Crosby looked adorable today?  In my opinion anyway.  He was dressed way too big boy, I know.  But he still looked scrumptious.  And speaking of technology, this one has it mastered...

Playing with Daddy's phone.  Yep.  He can get to any app he wants...
His version of "CHEEEEESE!" Really?
The "I am getting tired of this" face...
But I say he just looks like an angel.  His hair even makes a halo...
Or something like it anyway!
And those red shoes...

Man I love this boy...

1 comment:

Jill Fields said...

Sooo cute are the red keds! I have some for AC that are "gently used" from Jack! Still too big for her now, but I LOVE them! They just scream "Happy Child"!