Monday, May 16, 2011

Mondays with Crosby

At 11:24 am, Crosby Fox turned 2 years and 20 weeks old!!!  It was about that time this morning that I realized I had not taken a single picture of this boy all week!  Not one.  Maybe it is because he spent a good chunk of the week in Columbia with his grandparents!  I was only planning for him to be gone one night.  Then a second night away was requested.  So, a second night he stayed.  While it was nice to have a quiet weekend with the hubs, we missed our little man!  It doesn't feel the same around here without his sweet little voice talking our heads off!  And let me just say the boy can talk.  I have NO idea where he got it from, but he will talk to anyone and everyone!  He has never met a stranger. Nope.  No clue where this little social butterfly came from...
He was not excited when I pulled out the camera but that is nothing new.  He did offer a brief smile when he suggested I take a picture of him with his fox.  He is pretty fond of the fox seeing how they share a name...
He even wanted me to take one of the fox so he could "see it"...
I tried to get a decent one of our "Fox" but he just wouldn't cooperate...
He just protested...
So I held him down and tried to force him into taking a picture with me.  Yea.  It didn't turn out to good either...
He just got annoyed with my attempt to capture ONE sweet picture of my handsome boy...
I gave up and we moved on to other things.  Crosby has really gotten into coloring these days.  It doesn't matter the medium.  Crayons and paper will work.  Markers and a dry erase board do the trick, too.  He doesn't care what you color with, he just wants a few things to drawn... tractors, excalators (aka excavators), trucks, cars, Uncle Jason's forklift, pressure washers, bulldozers, and cranes.  But the one thing Crosby talks about the most and wants to have drawn in every color available is what you see below...
Some days I hear the words "car" and "wash" approximately 100 times.  And I am not joking.  Ever since Blake took him to the car wash before his birthday, he has talked about them NONSTOP.  He points out which gas stations do and do not have car washes.  He talks about the brushes and the lights.  He asks, "What does the car wash say?"  He runs his Matchbox cars through the car wash on his parking tower.  He plays with the car wash bath toy.  Car wash, car wash, car wash!!!  I have tried to figure out a way to reset his car wash button but I have had no luck.  I seriously have to tell him we are "all done with the car wash" and refuse to respond to him when he brings it up.  That or I threaten to take him if he talks about it!!!  Heavens to Betsy we need a new topic around here.  

Here he is running a car through the car wash...
Crazy boy!!!!!  At least he will spend 30+ minutes drawing now.  And he is pretty are serious about it...
Telling me what to draw next...
Coloring the pressure washer...

Taking a moment to admire his work before he erases it...
And then asks you to draw a car wash in another color!!!  The new rule is only ONE car wash a day... Sigh.
At least he is adorable!

Like I mentioned a few weeks back and failed to post them due to bloggers block, Crosby is all about singing these days.  And he was more than happy to let me film him in action as long as I let him "see it" afterwards.  I know, there are waaaaaay to many videos.  But how is a momma to decide which one to omit?!?!?  So I posted them all!

"Trot Ole Joe"

"Jesus Loves Me," "Deep and Wide/Wide and Deep" and "Zacchaeus"

"The Hello Song" and "Mary Wore a Red Dress" from Music Together...Melissa, you will be the only person who appreciates this!!! ;-)

"Humpty Dumpty" and ""Itsy Bitsy Spider"

"Little Miss Muffet"

"Twinkle Twinkle"

"Pop Goes the Weasel"

"Happy Birthday (to Sam)"

Is he cute or what!?!? ;-)

4 comments:

Jill Fields said...

Ok, Billy and I are sitting here laughing our heads off! This boy is TOO cute! Those videos are priceless, and I love how he says at the end of each one, "wanna see it"!!!

Sonja said...

Well, I'll admit it......he's pretty cute :)

Melissa said...

LOVE it! I wish Miss Moo would let me film her! Looks like we have a project for next week - now that school is out : (

The Shoes said...

Well that boy was just on a roll! So, so sweet and cute. Love that little voice :)