Monday, May 9, 2011

Mondays with Crosby


At 11:24 am, Crosby Fox turned 2 years and 19 weeks old!!!  I am so thankful I was able to spend another Mother's Day with my sweet boy to love.  Carrying the title, "Mother", while empty armed for so many years makes the weight of my boy even more precious.  This week I was reminded that life does not always go as we have planned. There are curveballs thrown left and right! I am so thankful that I have truly been able to be a momma for 2 whole years and 19 weeks.  What a blessing and honor it is. May I never take it for granted.          

We got to spend special time with our moms this weekend.  We met my parents for dinner on Saturday night at Carrabbas.  If you don't count the part where my mom's parked car was hit in the parking lot, I would say it was a pretty great night!  We got lots of smiles...
We spent Sunday afternoon with Blake's mom.  Anne Claire had us all over for a delicious lunch.  I would say it was a great time, too.  Well, minus the fact that Blake could not turn his head to the right or left due to some crazy pulled muscle...
Ahhhhh.  Being a mother... 
You just never know what a day with your little one with be like...
I sure never expected to look down and see a mini version of Gene Simmons staring back at me!!!
I am glad that Crosby is finally starting to enjoy all things crafty.  However, I would prefer he explore his creative side on paper rather than his sweet face!

We had visitors today.  And of course Crosby has to show off the PDQ garbage truck when visitors are over at pick up time. I am pretty sure Leighton was NOT impressed...
Once these two were down for their naps, Leighton's momma, Courtney, and I played What Not to Wear with my closet.  It was a daunting task but it had to be done.  The stuff in the center of the bed and to the left will be leaving my house for good.  The stuff to the right was technically the maybe pile.  And the keep pile...  Yea.  The keep pile is a tiny pile behind the maybe pile that you can't even really see from this angle!!!
While I am glad we did it, I found myself pretty emotional at the end of the night.  There is a lot of "baggage" in this pile of clothing that I was not prepared to deal with.  These are the "when life was fun and easy clothes."  The "when I was in the best shape of my life" clothes.  They are the "before the girls" clothes.  Ones that I guess I thought I could "get back into and kinda pretend that years have not passed me by" clothes.  Sigh...  Who knew cleaning out your closet could be so hard!  Now, if I can just get them out of my house and to their planned destinations.  That is going to be the chore for sure!

And if Stacey and Clinton are reading, and I am sure they are,  I could REALLY use that Visa with $5000 on it to go shopping.  You can have it all!  Mind, body and wardrobe.  It is yours.  I will do anything and everything you tell me to do.  I will gladly step in the 3-D mirror.  I will graciously listen to each and every rule.  I promise!!!!  Please. Pretty please. Come save me...

1 comment:

Jill Fields said...

Oh, the clothes pile! Oh, the weeding through! Oh, how many of my clothes have made Second Time Around their new resting place?

It's a seasonal event around this house! With pregnancies, mtoivational working out, falling off the wagon, etc etc....it's like my size, comfort level, and preferences change ALL the time!

We all do it! Well...I'm telling myself we all do it anyway!