Monday, August 16, 2010

Mondays with Crosby

At 11:24 am, Crosby Fox turned 1 year and 33 weeks old!!! We have been blessed with his presence in our lives for 85 whole weeks. My, my. Time sure does fly when you have child. I will never understand where it goes. I try my best to enjoy every second of him But inevitably, there are moments I take for granted. There are times when I am distracted. Times when my parenting skills are pretty pathetic. I know how fast this is going, yet I still get wrapped up in a busy life and let it pass me by. Oh to slow it down...

We had a little buddy over for a few hours on Tuesday. I decided to exercise my pathetic parenting skills and let them sit in front of the TV together. It was kind of cute...
I suppose it was a "nail biting" episode of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse! I didn't watch so I am not sure what it was! I was too busy taking pictures of them. What is it about their little feet that is so stinkin' cute...


We spent a few hours in Columbia on Sunday afternoon. Apparently it was "wear your green clothes day" at the Lipscomb abode. Crosby got the memo but I didn't!!
We met the Malone crew (minus Jason, Kerri, Sam and Gid) at Macaroni Grille in Cool Springs to celebrate Anne Claire's birthday. I didn't get many pictures because Crosby had another less than stellar public performance. I think our faces kind of give you an idea...
I will blame it on the fact that I had to wake him up from a nap before he was ready. That and the fact that he is 19 months old and I think it just goes along with his age. At least we could tickle him and get a few laughs out of him...
I went to get him out of his bed after another 3+ hour nap. I haven't enjoyed his naps as much this week. I find myself wanting to hold him a little more. Wanting to kiss his little face and squeeze him tight. He just looks so big in there now...
Way back when, he barely took up the top corner of the bed...
Now he is all over the place... My sweet boy...
I love him...
He melts my heart...
He fills my life with so much joy...

I am so grateful for him...
This family is still on my mind. I hope it remains that way, as their walk though grief has barely begun. I dare not compare my grief to theirs. For what they are experiencing, I do not know. What I do know is that support from friends, family and even complete strangers helped me through my journey. I am asking that you do the same for them. Please love this couple and their sweet boy...

1 comment:

Jill Fields said...

Yes, they have been on my mind everyday, and I find myself hugging Ann Cortner a little more tightly...probably too tight, but I just can't help it.

Your honesty is such a blessing to me as a new mom...I doubt myself and my parenting skills all the time and never expected so much guilt to fill every decision. Why can I not live in a commune in the middle of the woods? I may open one someday, and you'll be invited!