Saturday, August 7, 2010

A few of our favorites...

Crosby LOVES these little books... They are probably 2 square inches in size. Perfect for his palms to grip. We have Sesame Street, Tonka Trucks and Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. They come in a little case with a handle or a strap at the top for easy transport. He looks at them over and over and over and over...

I LOVE these sheets.I learned about these from Corey when Crosby was just a tiny thing, but I already had sheets. He was a pretty clean baby so I rarely had to change his. ( I know, that is probably gross to admit...) But seriously, he never spit up or pooed in his bed. It seemed silly to spend money on sheets when they weren't much of an issue for me. Then he turned one and started getting all snotty and such. The sheets needed to be changed constantly. Let me tell you I quickly realized how hard it is to change crib sheets. After a few rounds of me vs Jenny Lind and Jenny winning every time, I broke down and ordered a set of these bad boys. Best move I ever made. Jenny's got nothin' on me now!! I am such a dork over these things, I wash them all the time just because I can!! Totally worth every penny. Even when your child is 1! I need to see if they make these for queen size beds... And you have to watch the video on the Clouds and Stars homepage. Pretty funny! Jill, you NEED these if you don't have them!


These have been a pretty good investment for the summer...

I am a little sad to see they have been marked down! I paid full price... Oh well. I saw them at the beginning of the summer and thought they seemed like a good idea. Cheaper than having to buy bags of disposable diapers over and over. I can't say that I have really had to test them out. Knock on wood...but Crosby has yet to poo in his swim diaper. It is so late in the season, I would probably just throw these away if he did!! I need to buy a bigger size for next year anyway. Might as well do it while they are on sale! :)
On the same note, Crosby wouldn't be with us if it weren't for this...So ours looks a little different than this one. It is made by the same company and functions the same way. This life vest has literally saved his Crosby's life on multiple occasions. Well, I guess that is a stretch. I have never been far enough away from him for that to even come close to happening. But had it not been for this vest, going to the pool would be nearly impossible. He does not want to be held. He wants his feet to touch the ground at all times. He does not care that sections of the pool are 4 feet deep and he is not. He wants his feet to touch there too! He wants to be in control of his movement at all times. He wants to go down the slide over and over. He steps into the "deep end" without thinking twice. Going to the pool is nothing short of a workout for me. Seriously! Forget the bathing suits with flotation in them. They just throw them face down, into the water. Kind of defeats the purpose if you ask me. But what do I know? I did everything I could to avoid using this bulky vest that hides his adorable swim shorts. It had to be done. This is the only device that flips him onto his back if he gets into deep water. And the handle at the top is the only way I can catch the child most of the time. I HIGHLY recommend this to the parent of an extremely busy/active/wild/whatever you want to call it child like mine. It is the only way to go to a pool! Safely anyway!

So there you have it. A few of our favorites! Share your favorites with me if there is something I NEEEEEED to know about!!

No comments: