Monday, June 8, 2009

Mondays with Crosby

At 11:24 am, Crosby Fox turned 23 weeks old!!! This week has been full of "firsts." But then again, when you are 5 months old, there are a lot of "firsts"!! That being said...

First time to eat bananas...
We don't care for ripe bananas, but he sure does!!


First time to eat sweet potatoes...


He liked them, although the face suggests otherwise. :)

***same bib, same high chair, different days! We are waiting 5 days before introducing new foods. And, thanks for the comments on feeding solids. I bought the book Super Baby Food and am excited about trying to make some of his food. We'll see how it goes!

First bottle of water. If you have seen his bath video, you know he likes water!!

Technically, this is news for last week...but...first time in a pool...



He really liked being in the water, watching the big kids play. Of course, all the fun fell during nap time...

So we cuddled...

Until he passed out...

Like a loser mom, I left my camera at home and did not take pictures of my own to document these. Thank goodness for Moriah, Justin, Katie, Uncle James and Aunt Mary!! They saved the day with their cameras!! I will have to post the following when I get them...

First day in the nursery at church!!! I thought I would be worried about him the whole time we were in church. But how can you worry when you leave him with your brother and the Farmers??? It was the perfect day to break the parents in!! Crosby did just fine!!

First time meeting my uncle and aunt from Texas!! They gave him the frog suit and I promised to send a picture of him wearing it!! :) Uncle James and Aunt Mary...it fits NOW! Have I ever mentioned he is growing way too fast???

And last but not...no...it is my least favorite to report... He was in his first "fender bender" thanks to the lovely driving skills of his mother!! Everyone was fine, the car will be fixed but boy did it scare me silly. More on that later...

And here is a picture of the little fellow sleeping on this Monday night. So glad the flash didn't phase him!!! He is such a good baby. So predictable. Sleeps like a dream. Melts my heart on an hourly basis with that gummy grin! I am so in love with this boy...

3 comments:

Shellie Salza said...

So sweet! Love the pjs! They always seem so much more edible in pjs!

Making your own baby food is easy. It goes a long way with small containers and a freezer.

Melissa said...

Love the frog outfit--what a cutie! Melissa

Anonymous said...

Lots of firsts...for Crosby and mom! What fun you all seem to be having experiencing these things together! I am so happy for you, Malones! xoxoxo~ Jill