Monday, June 15, 2009

Mondays with Crosby


At 11:24 am, Crosby Fox turned 24 weeks old!!! 24/52 = almost 1/2 way through one whole year!!! Somebody needs to do something about the rate at which time is flying by! Seriously...

At an unofficial weigh in, the not so little one tipped the scale at 16 pounds 8 ounces!! No wonder my back hurts from carrying, no lugging, the car seat around. His lungs must have gotten bigger too. This baby LOVES to squeal his head off now. And let me tell you, it is a high pitched squeal...



That was pretty mild! Crosby has also gotten a little more messy. He has started to spit up more than ever. We never had that much of an issue when he was a tiny thing. Is it because he is taking 6 oz bottles?? Do we just need to burp halfway through?? If the answer is yes to the later, Crosby is not your friend! He is not fond of that technique!! He has also started spitting. Such good manners our young lad has learned! I have never seen anything quite like this...


This one is just for the lashes!! Would you look at those babies. Maybe it's Maybelline??


Speaking of manners...can 5 1/2 month old babies have "tempers"??? I am pretty sure this one does!! When he is gets frustrated with us for not going fast enough when he is hungry or when he is tired, he kicks his legs really hard or slams his arms down!!! Excuse me, mister testy pants??? Where did this come from? I am pretty sure I have never done that in front of him so he is not modeling me! I am a bit worried that we have a feisty little booger on our hands!

Whose bright idea (Blake) was it to feed this baby squash while sitting in a bouncy seat??? Something tells me he didn't think that one through...

Squash face...
Attempting to grab my camera with squash hands...

Into the tub we go...

I was fascinated with the beads of water on his face...

Doll face...

I made Blake take this one because we rarely get to cuddle. As I may have mentioned before, the sleep books recommend you put your "drowsy but not sleeping baby" in the bed. But come on. You HAVE to cheat every now and then...


This week I will leave you with, not a picture, but a song. I do not have permission to post this but I am in charge of the blog and I don't want to forget this!! Sooo....
If you have been around is long enough, you know that Blake is quite the "jingle master". He makes up songs for EVERYTHING. Sometimes he takes the tune from a song or commercial and then rewords it. Other times, he come up with a tune of his own. Until December 29th, Nugget has been the theme of most of his work. However, he has been known to sing songs about friends as well. He doesn't compose under pressure. It just "happens". So, I was excited to see what he would come up with for Crosby. It took a month or 2 before it came to him but this is what he have gotten so far...
I'm a rootin', tootin' cowboy,
I like to root a lot.
I'm a rootin', tootin' cowboy,
Mom's milk sure hits the spot.
But you can interchange the last line with one of these as well.
I like my water hot.
OR
Mom puts Desitin in my slot. (said at a faster pace...)


It is my goal to catch that on video. I have to be REALLY sneaky though. He busted me in the past and promptly erased it! But, I will not give up!! I will get it one of these days! :)

6 comments:

Shellie Salza said...

You most certainly do have to 'cheat' every now and then! I'm all for a night time sleepin', scheduled baby, but you have to have exceptions! Enjoy every last one!

I loved the song...especially the 'desitin' line!

Sonja said...

Love the bath photo with the water beads. Cutie patootie.

Maybe Blake should stop saving lives and just meander down Music Row......I see a record deal in his future...ha.

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! You've GOT to catch that song on video! America's Funniest might have a handsome check for you! I am reading the headlines..."Baby goes to Harvard on Royalities"! jill

Anonymous said...

it's been a while and i realized anew how precious your blog is and the main subject is too cute!!!! i hear love, joy, sheer delight in each word you write and the pics are so, so adorable!!!! don't have to tell you to enjoy each moment, cause you do and that is the greatest gift you and blake can ever give yourselves and baby crosby!! song too cute!!! just too pleased for your sweet family!!!!can't believe crosby is almost 6months old...eleanor just turned a year and it doesn't seem possible. these children are indeed a gift from God!!! loved catching up i still check every week or two but .been a busy last couple months and i am trying to wean myself off checking blogs and emails and such, for i can get a bit compulsive! imagine that! come splash in our pool when you are in town some time....always full of kiddos, all ages..but always room for more! bettie

Anonymous said...

fzxzxdfz

Anonymous said...

love to see my cum running from his mouth and dripping off his chin, boys suck best my great nephew got mine at 2 months until he was 4 then he started to talk too much, sucked good but talked too much