Monday, April 6, 2009

Mondays with Crosby


At 11:24 am, Crosby Fox turned 14 weeks old!!! As, I always say...WOW!!! You would think I would get used to how fast this is going by. But I can't. I will ask again, "Please, Mr. Clock, slow down a little!!!"
You may have noticed Crosby has gotten a lot bigger. His head and face have really filled out. And I am pretty sure most of the hair on top of his head has fallen out!! BUT...there are tiny little sprigs of new growth taking over. He won't have a "fivehead" much longer. It is still too early to say what color the new do will be. His eyes are still as blue as can be. I would love for him to keep those baby blues but I know that can change as well! He is getting chubby thighs with little dimples that are starting to take over. Funny how they are cute on him... I can't say the same for the ones on myself. ( I have got to do something about that...one of these days...)
My goal was to catch Mr. Smackums on video. And I did!! Sorry for the water running in the background... (you have to mute the song at the bottom of the page first if you want to hear him!!!)



We have had lots of nice weather so I decided to head outside to attempt a photo shoot.




Flying...

Happy boy...
Things were going well until I had to push for tummy time...


The end!!!
On Saturday, we drove up to Hendersonville to spend time with the girls. Words can't describe how precious it was to share the moment with their baby brother. To think...a year ago, we were standing in that same spot, in the rain, empty handed. However, on this Saturday, the weather was absolutely gorgeous and we had this smiling boy with us...


Taking roses to his sisters...

Oh my goodness...I could eat them up...

On the ride home. This is the view from between the headrest and the back of the passenger seat. Hilarious...
A family was brought to my attention that could use our prayers. (more on that topic this week!)
Visit the-stokesfamily.blogspot.com and meet Greyson. I don't know their family. But I can think of 2 families I have introduced you to that know similar situations very well. Mr. Leonidas Salza was born around the same time...and is doing very well if you haven't seen him in a while!! The Rick family knows all about blood pressure difficulty. My hope is that our stories can connect us to other families and help encourage them during their journey. It is my prayer that I am effective in using the loss of my girls to better love those in similar situations. (more on that this week too!) So, I ask that you add this family to your prayer list. Thanks for introducing me to them Bettie! We will GLADLY support their family in anyway possible!
Finally, there is a song posted on Angie's blog, but only for another day or 2 at most. It helps put the last 2 years of our life in perspective beautifully. Have a listen!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know it is so hard to use tragedy for good, but you are doing a beautiful job at it! Other families WILL and HAVE been blessed by Finley and Caroline! Their little stories will live on in all of us, too! So happy that Saturday could be a day of praise for all of you! XOXOXO~ Jill

Melissa said...

I have been thinking about you guys this week--what a special weekend! Crosby looks great!Margaret has the same sack with a pink bunny on it--we'll have to get them together in their matching outfits soon! Take care-Melissa