Monday, February 4, 2013

Mondays with Crosby and Jane Claire


At 11:24 am, Crosby Fox turned 4 year and 5 weeks old!!!  At 1:03 pm, Jane Claire turned 44 weeks old!!!  She hit the 10 month point this week folks!?!  How is it even possible that we are in double digits?  Oh to slow it down...

Actually, Jane Claire would probably rather time move along right now. One clue as to why I would say that...
An even closer clue...
Yep!  Baby girl was sick again.  You may recall me saying she had a fever last Monday.  It wasn't a fluke.  She seemed to have the same "flu virus" Crosby had.  Lovely!   With the help of Tylenol or Motrin, Crosby was able to keep his fever down 8 or so hours at a time.  Jane Claire required meds every 6 hours on the dot.  As soon as one dose wore off, her fever started climbing back up.  We finally had to take her in on Wednesday because she had fever 3 days in a row.  She was in good spirits when we got there...
She was even willing to smile for a few pictures!
Of course Crosby needed to have his picture taken too!
Nothing sweeter than a near naked baby!
The wait got a little long for Crosby.  So he decided to be Dr. P and started asking all of the questions he had just heard the nurse ask.  It was pretty cute...
Fortunately the real thing came in shortly thereafter and gave Jane Claire a thorough look over.  Everything looked fine.  Just a random virus going around that we were fortunate enough to get!  By the end of the appointment, Jane Claire's fever was up again and she was starting to feel pretty miserable. (It was 100.5 when we got there and 102.1 when we left...)  Bless her sweet heart...
We got home and she passed out in my arms...
I can't say that I was sad about that part.  There is nothing like cuddling with my sweet girl...
We stayed in our PJs for much of this week...again!  No point in getting all dressed up with nowhere to go!!  ;-)  During fever free time, I was able to get the most pitiful and most precious video of Jane Claire's first word. She says it pretty quickly and then doesn't say it again...
Break my heart!!  Sweet little love's first word...dog!!! And we don't even have one for her to love on anymore!  It makes me tear up just thinking about it.  One day last week, she saw this dog figurine sitting on our side table.  She started smiling so big and laughing out loud.  I had no idea what she was doing at first.  Then she said, "Dah" and reached for the dog on the table.  I thought surely it was just a coincidence.  Then she did it again later.  That is when I knew I wasn't just hearing things!!!  Jane Claire was actually saying a word!  It looks like we have dog loving girl on our hands!  I suppose we will have to remedy that one of these days.

We woke up on Friday morning to SNOW on the ground!!! How fun is that?!?   It was a pretty pathetic dusting.  But, we pulled out the sled and made the most of it...
Crosby was PUMPED!!!
Baby Girl got to sit her little tush in the white fluffy stuff for a few minutes too!!
And she looked adorable doing it...
Sweet little snow baby...
I could just eat her UP!!!
Then she tried to crawl down the hill...
And I snatched her up!  Crosby was allowed to try that stunt...
The first hill we tried was a dud and he got so frustrated.  Of course it was hard for me to help with the snow baby in my arms!  We moved to the front of the house and had a little more luck...
At least he thought it was fun...
It was pretty funny to see just how pathetic the "hill" and "sledding" was...
He was thrilled and that is all that matters to this momma!  And it was melted by lunch.  If you can't ski on it, watching it melt is fine by me!

Friday afternoon we had big plans to spend the evening with my family.  We were giving a small surprise party for my mom's retirement. Blake got off a little early so we could get to Columbia with a little time to relax before the party.  This is what he looked like on the way down...

Any guesses as to why?!?  If you guessed fever virus, you guessed right!  Lovely.  3 out of 4 Malones officially taken down in a week's time!  Awesome.  Needless to say, plans changed a bit.  Blake stayed at his parent's house, lying on the floor in fetal position in front of a space heater.  I loaded up the kids and took them to the party without him.  Booo...

We had a little cake made for mom.  Gotta love some Mrs. Tyler cake!
Mom had no idea we were coming.  She told me that a few times.  That was kind of the point!! Of course she had no idea!! ;-)  Dad managed to snap a pretty good picture of her face when Crosby came wheeling the cake cart in the room...
She figured out what was going on once she saw the cake...
How fun is her face?!?  :-)
And how fun is this...
My brother changed shoes on the drive down.  Well, he changed his none driving shoe anyway!!!  What a goof!  Would you look at these sweet pictures of Jane Claire and Pop...
Melt my heart!!  Too precious...
We enjoyed eating cake and visiting with my parent's friends.  I am sure they enjoyed the free entertainment...kids!  At least they all smiled for the picture...
We had a great time celebrating Mom's retirement with all of her friends and our family!
I loaded the kids up and headed back to the Malone's to pick up their sick father!  Lucy had these adorable groundhog treats made for us to eat the next day...Groundhog's Day!!!
My precious girl turned TEN MONTHS OLD on Groundhog's Day Saturday!  I absolutely cannot believe it.  One year is just around the corner and I can hardly stand it.  What a big girl!!

Jane Claire is all over the place these days.  She crawls all over the place.  She pulls up on everything.  She is starting to cruise a bit but I still don't encourage that too much.  Heaven forbid she actually learn to walk...  She is waving "Bye Bye" and even says it at times.  She gave us her first official work, "DOG".

Jane Claire is still a great sleeper.  Most nights we get her in bed by 8:00.  Sometimes a little earlier.  Sometimes a little later.  We follow the same routine with did with Cros and give her a bath every night.  I still put her in a sleep sack because she doesn't use a sheet or blanket.  She LOVES her lovie and gives the biggest grin when she sees it.  She takes 2 naps most days.  I can usually get a 2 to 3 hour nap in the morning and and hour or so in the afternoon.  Crosby needs to be taking an afternoon nap with her but we have had to drop his.  He won't go to bed until 11:00 pm if we let him take a nap these days!!

Jane Claire is a great eater so far.  There is not much she will turn her nose up to. Unlike her brother, she is able to eat eggs!!  No gagging so far.  Crosby is unimpressed by her abilities and has no desire to learn to eat them himself!  She prefers table food to purees, unless the purees are in a pouch!  I still manage to feed her 4-5 times a day.  We are still working on a sippy cup but she hasn't taken to one consistently yet.  She still doesn't take a bottle well during the day either.  Can we say "rotten"???  ;-)

Jane Claire is finally making progress in the nursery!!!  Yay!!!  Not that we have spent much time in the nursery the this month.  But when we did, either in CBS or church, she was able to stay the entire time. And by entire time I mean during service or class.  Not both.  I am scared to press my luck!  Baby steps!

Jane Claire and Crosby are such sweet friends.  He just loves her to pieces.  He cannot keep his hands off of her.  Literally.  He kind of drives her crazy.  ;-)  If you ask him why he will not leave her alone, he says, "But Mommy, I just love her!!!"  And, love his heart, he does.  There is just this thing called "personal space" that he has zero concept of...  Crosby wants to get her out of bed as soon as he hears a peep from the monitor.

Jane Claire's favorite toy is probably the the Fisher Price Door or the Leap Frog Activity Table.  She also like playing with anything Crosby is playing with!  

Jane Claire and her bunny...
The only way I could get her to cooperate was to let her chew on the Nose Friday filter box! Otherwise the pictures looked like this...
Jane Claire and her bunny in her chair...
Mug shot...
Mug shot while Jane Claire attempts to grab the camera...
Big hand, little hand.  Or hands! ;-)
Big feet, little feet...
Crosby and I went to Red Caboose for a little one on one time Saturday afternoon...
He is getting so big and is such a sweet boy...
It was nice to spend time running around outdoors with him.  Fever free!
We had a few more pictures to take when we got home.  One again, it was too cold to take her 10 month sticker pictures outside.  So we did them on our bed again...
Too bad she wouldn't smile...
Or flash her two front teeth...
Or forget that I stuck something on her shirt!!!
She loves taking these pictures because she loves playing this game...
"What?  You wanted this there???"
"Thank you for putting in back but I think I am going to take it off."
I could not get her to leave that sicker on her chest!!  So I stuck in on her head...
And that seemed to do the trick!
She never took it off...
She even sat there with her wild brother...
and they looked adorable doing so!
And as if there have not been enough pictures in this post, I have a million from her 44 week photo shoot!  Why not?  I love it when they both look and smile at me!!!
She thinks he is crazy half of the time. And he is...
He is crazy about her at least!
Belly laughs...
Loves to chew on those fingers!
Cheeky baby...
Making a mad dash...
Jane Claire at 44 weeks...
with someone else creeping into the frame!!!
She is pretty happy to be at this point and fever free!!
Now if we can get Daddy feeling better and keep Mommy well...

No comments: