Monday, February 25, 2013

Mondays with Crosby and Jane Claire

At 11:24 am, Crosby Fox turned 4 years 8 weeks old!!!  At 1:03 pm, Jane Claire turned 47 weeks old!!! That last number is about to do me in.  I don't know how numbers that high are possible.  This has been the fastest year of my life.  Something tells me I will be saying the very same thing at this time next year.  It seems to be a trend...

We rearranged the car this week!!  Why?  Because Crosby's booster came in...

He was pretty excited about it!  I had been talking it up for days.  He asked every day, "Is my new car seat here????"  Unfortunately it was on back order.  Only like a week but that is an eternity to a child.  (clearly the same is not true for the mother that has had the fastest year of her life...)

So, new car seat for Crosby means Jane Claire got his hand-me down...
And she was pretty happy about it!  She has kind of gotten used to getting Crosby's hand-me-downs.  Cribs, carseats, PJs.  :-/
So it is that time of year again!!!!  Consigmnment season!!!  Yay for consignment season!!!  That means I volunteer at the sales so I can shop early and get first dibs at all of the good stuff.  I failed to mention even Blake (love that man) works the "man shift" for me!!  What a sacrifice for the sake of shopping!! So fun for the momma with expensive taste and small budget.  It is like the new vs used car theory.  As soon as you drive the new car off the lot, it loses it's value.  By a lot.  I will gladly let someone gently wear the new out of clothes, allowing me to pay less than half price for them when they are done.  Gladly!  It works great with the little ones.  Getting harder with my bigger boy.  They are just rough on clothes!! But I still managed to find a few things for him.

On Friday, we stopped by the clinic.  My sweet little dog lover was thrilled to see Bethel...
Bethel is so sweet to oblige her...
Jane Claire could not get enough of her.  She was completely taken with her...
On Saturday, Animalia had a Treat Tasting!  Treats for pets AND treats for the adults!  I worked the consignment sale and then headed over to play.  Dr. Malone and his little love...
This couch was sitting next to a trunk full of dress up clothes just to the left of the picture.  Kiddos could dress up and sit at little tables that were set up for tea parties.  Too cute.  A photographer was there to snap pictures of people and pets on the couch.  Cutest idea ever.  Charlotte even dressed her horse for the occasion...
Jane Claire wasn't feeling the blue hat...
At least we got a picture with her in it!
 The photographer snapped this one of my precious boy.  Is he adorable or what?!?
I just love this series of pictures that Sarah captured.  I can hear these two in my head...

CFM: "Hey Charlotte.  Have you see this new game?"
 CCC: "Ummmm.  Yeah.  I've seen that before.  I can play it too."
CCC: "Here.  Let me show you."
CFM: "Charlotte!!!!  You can't play this game!!!  You don't know how!!!"
 CCC: "Give it to me.  I will prove it"
 CFM: "Whatever!  You can try all you want but there is no way you know how to play that game."
 CFM: Thinking to himself. "I guess she does know how..."
These two are a riot when they are together.  They are more like brother and sister.  They know how to push each others buttons and get great joy in pushing them!  It only happens every now and then.  It is pretty cute when it does! ;-)

Today we headed to the park with the Graves crew.  This was the first time Jane Claire really got to see the animals...
And oh my goodness she loved them...
Once she saw the leopards move, she grinned from ear to ear...
Trying to lure them closer...
Such a sweet little thing...
Loves, loves, loves animals!
The zebras were right up next to the fence today.  Lucas and Crosby looked too cute, standing side by side watching them...
Sweet friends...
Jane Claire was a big fan of the foam play area...
I wonder what she and Finn were chatting about.  I hope there was no flirting going on!! ;-)  Who am I kidding, if I could arrange these two it would be a done deal!!!
My little doll baby...
I could just eat her UP!!!
Oh how I love this baby girl...
Sweet smiles in the swing...
And these two.  I love to watch them together.  Such sweet friends.  They are so quick to give each other hugs for pictures...
Maybe because they end like this...
With lots of laughter!!!  I mean, could they be any cuter??? I know, right!!  No bias here...
And here is my 47 week old Jane Claire...
Oh how I love this baby.  Who happens to be sporting her new-to-us outfit from a consignment sale.  Baby Lulu.  $8.  GREAT condition.  Probably one of my favorite outfits now!!!
It helps that is is a doll.  Nope.  No bias here... ;-)

No comments: